What's new

The Elvis Jr. Wells man cometh...?

So what major computer corp is counting the votes this year????

gotta know where to spend your campaign funds, man.

Actually, ya gotta be more sophisticated than that. . . .. walking in with a manila envelope stuffed with cash is. . . . well. . . . low class. yah gotta join the right club, where the streetie who knows the score and how to get the word passed up the line does his drionking and big-mouthing, and figure out the right angle to make your move. . . . . that's how it's done. That's who to give the envelope to, maybe with some personal favors to boot.

but then, isn't that what the incumbents have all done already?

It's tough to get on the inside tract without paying the price.

if you're a real dark horse maybe your opponent won't be making enough effort this time, and who knows, if you can corner the doglovers' vote and Jazzfanz, the occasional obstinate rebel voter who will never vote for an incumbent or a recognizable family dynasty name, like me, could put you over the top.

I've got a puppy that's cute enough, all you'd need to do is take a few just-before-sundown strolls in the park, and you would have it nailed.

Colby 001.jpg

So what major computer corp is counting the votes this year????

gotta know where to spend your campaign funds, man.

Actually, ya gotta be more sophisticated than that. . . .. walking in with a manila envelope stuffed with cash is. . . . well. . . . low class. yah gotta join the right club, where the streetie who knows the score and how to get the word passed up the line does his drionking and big-mouthing, and figure out the right angle to make your move. . . . . that's how it's done. That's who to give the envelope to, maybe with some personal favors to boot.

but then, isn't that what the incumbents have all done already?

It's tough to get on the inside tract without paying the price.

if you're a real dark horse maybe your opponent won't be making enough effort this time, and who knows, if you can corner the doglovers' vote and Jazzfanz, the occasional obstinate rebel voter who will never vote for an incumbent or a recognizable family dynasty name, like me, could put you over the top.

I've got a puppy that's cute enough, all you'd need to do is take a few just-before-sundown strolls in the park, and you would have it nailed.

View attachment 2585

my puppy is cuter, would get like 10% more of the dog lovers vote. just tell the dog lovers you're building another dog park in town.

Well...

If someone would have told me that on day three of this thread that I would only have one single donation from my band of brothers, and that that single donation was from a member of the STD, I would have told that person that they make NAOS look smart and/or funny.

I will take responsibility for this, since it appears that I haven't done a very good job of selling myself. I get it, nobody wants to put money on a losing horse, or in this case, a losing candidate. Let me ease your troubled minds and explain to you how I'm going to PWN this election. (that is for the person who complained that nobody uses the term PWN anymore)

Why am I going to win?

Because I'm there, at every meeting, every strategic planning event, every work session, every time. If I can't attend the actual meeting, I watch/listen to it the next morning. In the last four years, I can count the number of city council meetings I've missed on one hand.

I read the budget. I study the budget. I know the budget. I can't do long division and I'd probably die if someone held a gun to my head and told me to do a pre-algebra problem, but I can tell you where, when, how much, etc. on just about every single line item in that 300+ page monster.

I know the difference between a Want and a Need, something that I can't say about some of the buffoons that are on our current council.

I volunteer. I've been on the Ordinance Review Committee and am currently serving as the Chairman of District 3b's Community Council. (just a cute way of saying that I do the crap work that my councilman can't/won't do. I/we take complaints at a neighborhood level and try to fix them, or escalate them to the City Council if needed) I helped rebuild a playground on the other side of the city on my day off in the blistering sun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUFXXt_2FBBKilsKu7FsxJUQ&v=yxvXnoIs4SM&feature=player_embedded (The best part about that? The Mayor was there, in his slacks and tucked-in polo shirt, his Blu-Tooth pasted to his ear, doing absolutely nothing... Until the news crew showed up. Boy howdy, did he jump all over that, making sure he was lifting something heavy whenever the camera was on him, and then doing nothing as soon as the camera was off. It was just about the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. That didn't stop the media and the city from boasting about how much he helped, though.) Other than Dama Barbour, who is the councilwoman in that district, nobody else from the city showed up to help. Pathetic. I take away time from my family, my job, my social life (hah, like I have one) in order to serve others and my city. I get paid nothing, and that's the way I like it.

I have good ideas. I can offer, and better yet, I can take constructive criticism. I'm not experienced, nor will I ever be, with all of the back door shenanigans that go on between elected officials and the companies that funded their campaigns. I won't stand for dishonesty of any kind, and I won't be afraid to bring it to light in the public's eye. I am the guy that has no problem saying what everyone else is thinking, and I get **** done.

I don't make rash decisions, nor will I vote on anything until I've heard, read, listened to any/all sides of the story. When Taylorsville was in the midst of deciding if they were going to join the Unified Police Department, I felt it was necessary to hear every opinion I could get my hands on. I went on ride-alongs with officers (I recommend this, it is awesome!), knocked doors, and even scheduled a time to sit down and talk face to face with Sheriff Winder at his office down town. Nobody else took the time to research it like I did, nobody else bothered to take time off work and family to get the facts, nobody cared about it like I did. It was my obligation to make sure I had all of the information before I made any decision, even though I wasn't a person who actually got to make the decision. I take that approach with everything, and I will do the same thing when I am elected.

My opponent... He's, uh, a really nice guy? I don't want to sit here and talk crap on him, so I won't. I will, however, point out a few things:

He was appointed by the City Council, and not voted in. I also applied for the position, but as I've mentioned above, shenanigan's won the day. https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55734968-78/council-christopherson-taylorsville-member.html.csp
He had never been to a council meeting, never volunteered on any committee, never looked at the budget, and in a nut shell, had zero idea what the crap was going on in the city. The perfect dummy for the council to manipulate. It's hard to dislike the guy, because he didn't do anything wrong, and he is, in fact, is a real nice guy; but that doesn't change the fact that it was B.S.

In short, I think I'm the guy you would like to be on YOUR City Council. I really do need the money in order to get this done correctly, and I mean it when I say any little bit helps. I know what a dollar means to a lot of folks, and it's pretty ballsy of me to ask for your hard earned money, so I hope I've shown that it will be used correctly and for a great cause.

Do you have specific questions that I didn't cover in my little blurb? Ask 'em on here and I'll get back to you.

Here is a quick bio:
https://www.taylorsvilletidbits.com/2013/07/get-to-know-our-taylorsville-candidates.html

Warmest Regards,

Elvis J. Wells

I'm hoping the poker night adds a nice chunk. Still room for interested parties. Without Jazzfanz night outs getting off the ground the last several years this is the closest thing you can get. By my last count 11 active posters will be there. Don't get left out in the cold!

If you're on the fence come meet the man and I'm sure he'll win you over.

Well...

If someone would have told me that on day three of this thread that I would only have one single donation from my band of brothers, and that that single donation was from a member of the STD, I would have told that person that they make NAOS look smart and/or funny.

I will take responsibility for this, since it appears that I haven't done a very good job of selling myself. I get it, nobody wants to put money on a losing horse, or in this case, a losing candidate. Let me ease your troubled minds and explain to you how I'm going to PWN this election. (that is for the person who complained that nobody uses the term PWN anymore)

Why am I going to win?

Because I'm there, at every meeting, every strategic planning event, every work session, every time. If I can't attend the actual meeting, I watch/listen to it the next morning. In the last four years, I can count the number of city council meetings I've missed on one hand.

I read the budget. I study the budget. I know the budget. I can't do long division and I'd probably die if someone held a gun to my head and told me to do a pre-algebra problem, but I can tell you where, when, how much, etc. on just about every single line item in that 300+ page monster.

I know the difference between a Want and a Need, something that I can't say about some of the buffoons that are on our current council.

I volunteer. I've been on the Ordinance Review Committee and am currently serving as the Chairman of District 3b's Community Council. (just a cute way of saying that I do the crap work that my councilman can't/won't do. I/we take complaints at a neighborhood level and try to fix them, or escalate them to the City Council if needed) I helped rebuild a playground on the other side of the city on my day off in the blistering sun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUFXXt_2FBBKilsKu7FsxJUQ&v=yxvXnoIs4SM&feature=player_embedded (The best part about that? The Mayor was there, in his slacks and tucked-in polo shirt, his Blu-Tooth pasted to his ear, doing absolutely nothing... Until the news crew showed up. Boy howdy, did he jump all over that, making sure he was lifting something heavy whenever the camera was on him, and then doing nothing as soon as the camera was off. It was just about the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. That didn't stop the media and the city from boasting about how much he helped, though.) Other than Dama Barbour, who is the councilwoman in that district, nobody else from the city showed up to help. Pathetic. I take away time from my family, my job, my social life (hah, like I have one) in order to serve others and my city. I get paid nothing, and that's the way I like it.

I have good ideas. I can offer, and better yet, I can take constructive criticism. I'm not experienced, nor will I ever be, with all of the back door shenanigans that go on between elected officials and the companies that funded their campaigns. I won't stand for dishonesty of any kind, and I won't be afraid to bring it to light in the public's eye. I am the guy that has no problem saying what everyone else is thinking, and I get **** done.

I don't make rash decisions, nor will I vote on anything until I've heard, read, listened to any/all sides of the story. When Taylorsville was in the midst of deciding if they were going to join the Unified Police Department, I felt it was necessary to hear every opinion I could get my hands on. I went on ride-alongs with officers (I recommend this, it is awesome!), knocked doors, and even scheduled a time to sit down and talk face to face with Sheriff Winder at his office down town. Nobody else took the time to research it like I did, nobody else bothered to take time off work and family to get the facts, nobody cared about it like I did. It was my obligation to make sure I had all of the information before I made any decision, even though I wasn't a person who actually got to make the decision. I take that approach with everything, and I will do the same thing when I am elected.

My opponent... He's, uh, a really nice guy? I don't want to sit here and talk crap on him, so I won't. I will, however, point out a few things:

He was appointed by the City Council, and not voted in. I also applied for the position, but as I've mentioned above, shenanigan's won the day. https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55734968-78/council-christopherson-taylorsville-member.html.csp
He had never been to a council meeting, never volunteered on any committee, never looked at the budget, and in a nut shell, had zero idea what the crap was going on in the city. The perfect dummy for the council to manipulate. It's hard to dislike the guy, because he didn't do anything wrong, and he is, in fact, is a real nice guy; but that doesn't change the fact that it was B.S.

In short, I think I'm the guy you would like to be on YOUR City Council. I really do need the money in order to get this done correctly, and I mean it when I say any little bit helps. I know what a dollar means to a lot of folks, and it's pretty ballsy of me to ask for your hard earned money, so I hope I've shown that it will be used correctly and for a great cause.

Do you have specific questions that I didn't cover in my little blurb? Ask 'em on here and I'll get back to you.

Here is a quick bio:
https://www.taylorsvilletidbits.com/2013/07/get-to-know-our-taylorsville-candidates.html

Warmest Regards,

Elvis J. Wells

Most people here don't live in your beat. Whether you win or not is largely immaterial from a financial perspective.
The reason people should support your cause is much different.

Most of us slack with our free time. We post on Jazz fanz, watch sports, lay around, whatever... but how many of us are doing anything that resembles dedicating free time to volunteering for a worthy cause (church doesn't count, let's not go there). Most of us don't take the time or have an interest in getting involved in local politics and, potentially, making things better for our community's children, elderly, poor, etc.

The reason we should help Trout is he is doing these things, he does take a real and sincere interest, and his heart is in the right place... and we know him.
Call it living vicariously. Call it feel good.. but this isn't about Trout winning anything.. it's about him investing the time, effort, and heart to make a go at it. Something the rest of us aren't doing. But we can help him try and achieve his dreams.. and it be a good thing.

One thing I know about Trout, errr EJ Wells, is that when he cares about something, he goes head first into it.
Unfortunately, apparently a good number of people on this site (and everywhere else for that matter) haven't figured out when Trout is kidding around and when he isn't. Just a hint though, about 90% of his posts here are meant mostly as a joke. Most of them have a serious point in them in which he uses weird analogies or perverse sayings to get the point across.

Most people here don't live in your beat. Whether you win or not is largely immaterial from a financial perspective.
The reason people should support your cause is much different.

Most of us slack with our free time. We post on Jazz fanz, watch sports, lay around, whatever... but how many of us are doing anything that resembles dedicating free time to volunteering for a worthy cause (church doesn't count, let's not go there). Most of us don't take the time or have an interest in getting involved in local politics and, potentially, making things better for our community's children, elderly, poor, etc.

The reason we should help Trout is he is doing these things, he does take a real and sincere interest, and his heart is in the right place... and we know him.
Call it living vicariously. Call it feel good.. but this isn't about Trout winning anything.. it's about him investing the time, effort, and heart to make a go at it. Something the rest of us aren't doing. But we can help him try and achieve his dreams.. and it be a good thing.

This brings a tear to my eye. Thanks, brah.

One thing I know about Trout, errr EJ Wells, is that when he cares about something, he goes head first into it.
Unfortunately, apparently a good number of people on this site (and everywhere else for that matter) haven't figured out when Trout is kidding around and when he isn't. Just a hint though, about 90% of his posts here are meant mostly as a joke. Most of them have a serious point in them in which he uses weird analogies or perverse sayings to get the point across.

90%? I seldom joke, and I never kid.

Shout out to our favorite child predator KrazyEyezKiller, Jamie Gumb, ScerpioNJ, Mantooth, etc. Thanks for the donation sir, you're not 1/8th of the dink that I make you out to be.

Clarification: He is in Jersey and nothing that I will ever accomplish will have any effect on his life, and yet this is the second time he's stepped in to help. Stud.

Shout out to our favorite child predator KrazyEyezKiller, Jamie Gumb, ScerpioNJ, Mantooth, etc. Thanks for the donation sir, you're not 1/8th of the dink that I make you out to be.

Clarification: He is in Jersey and nothing that I will ever accomplish will have any effect on his life, and yet this is the second time he's stepped in to help. Stud.
I'm not as certain about that as you are.