What's new

The Forgotten Man

As a conservative liberal, I agree with you Kicky, particularly on the Nixon and Goldwater examples.

Today's Republican party is an atrocity run by fanatics and extremists, and the Teabag Party is even crazier. At times, I wonder if the only difference between the Teabag Party and the Taliban is the god they worship.

In fairness to me, I once purchased the Ronald Reagan paper dolls set from the Carter presidential library gift shop.

In particular I was a fan of the fact that they had paper dolls for both wives and a paper doll outfit featuring his Bedtime for Bonzo garb.

Marcus: I, and many economists, attribute the end of stagflation to the monetary policy of Paul Volcker. Volcker was hired by Carter and fired by Reagan. Reagan gets the credit for ending stagflation. That's the primary example I give for defending that Carter got a bad rap.

EDIT: The paper dolls are just as goofy as I remembered.

514W7EN53WL._SS500_.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty obvious this "artist" is LDS when he said he said this white young man represents EVERY man, woman and child. Funny how mormon's forget how persecuted they were all not that long ago.

Pretty obvious this "artist" is LDS when he said he said this white young man represents EVERY man, woman and child. Funny how mormon's forget how persecuted they were all not that long ago.

Anyone wanna bet what his Jazzfanz username is?

Under Regan this all changed. He constantly spoke of America's greatness and generally made you feel proud to be an American. For lack of a better term, he cured America's self image.

You know, this is always the answer I get when I ask people who lived through the Reagan administration. It's never any specific policy or accomplishment, the first thing I hear is "he made me feel better."

I think it explains a lot about the direction the country has taken since that time.

You know, this is always the answer I get when I ask people who lived through the Reagan administration. It's never any specific policy or accomplishment, the first thing I hear is "he made me feel better."

I think it explains a lot about the direction the country has taken since that time.

I know plenty of Republicans who held their noses while they voted for Reagan.

And the Iranian hostage crisis was the real undoing of Jimmy Carter, at least the one most folks were focused on - - even though it actually had the least effect on anyone's lives (other than the hostages and their families)

Most of you are too young to remember how Ted Koppel got his start. Some of may even be too young to know who that is....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightline

There's more to it than feeling good but I think you underestimate what a positive outlook on life and being happpy does for one's productivity.