What's new

The Future is NOW

Harambe

Contributor
Lightsabers Ahoy!

Science, not Religion, is about to bring us back to a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away

That's right. Lasers were used to discover a new form of matter that's straight out of a Star Wars film. Credit for the experiment goes to Harvard physics professor Mikhail Lukin and MIT physics professor Vladan Vuletic, who blasted photons through a cloud of rubidium atoms. When they sent more than one photon at once, they noticed that the particles clung to each other to form a molecule.

Unfortunately, this concept will fall the wayside like flying cars :(

If you think guns are out of hand just wait until light sabers make their way into the hands of criminals.

Real Lightsabers should be illegal for anyone who has attended a Star Wars convention or a any type of fantasy "Con".

If you think guns are out of hand just wait until light sabers make their way into the hands of criminals.

You think that's bad, blasters kill more clones and alien/humanoid life forms than all the light sabers put together, and if you think blasters are bad listen to this.

Speeders kill 10x the number of people/aliens/droids that die from blasters. Yes parents should lock up their blasters, but you are in more danger hovering to work every day.

I can see the headline now...

"Lightsaber's Public Realease Leads To 350,000 Accidental Amputations"

At least there is little chance of blood loss deaths with those things, cauterize the wounds they cause.

how about this headline...

"ER Doctors around the world use Lightsabers to save lives"

^^^^

Also a great point. A scalpel that stops blood loss as it's opening someone up.

I'm cool with this.

Does my existence prove lasers are real?

No. What it does prove is that inbreeding is a viable option.

Solid.

I've got mine on back-order currently. I was going to get the double-headed variety, ala Darth Maul, but I don't really see a need for that much penetration.

Solid.

I've got mine on back-order currently. I was going to get the double-headed variety, ala Darth Maul, but I don't really see a need for that much penetration.

That's what he said.

Was thinking about my 96 year old grandmother the other day and was thinking about all the crap she has seen invented and come into being. Computers, cell phones, laptops, commercial airlines, WW1 & WW2, Vietnam, Moon Landing JFK...

Then you think about all this stuff we have seen in our lifes already. Lasers, International Space Station, beginning steps of invisibility and teleportation, email, texting, video phone.

What will it be like in 40-50 years?

Edit: I'd go classic and get two one handers. A blue and a red.