What's new

"The Jazz are bound to shoot [Milos] Teodosic an offer sheet."

To clarify, I found out: Teodosic is a free agent on July 1, same time as everybody else. The Jazz cannot use their current cap space to sign him.

To clarify, I found out: Teodosic is a free agent on July 1, same time as everybody else. The Jazz cannot use their current cap space to sign him.

What about using the cap space in a trade before the deadline? Locke mentioned this as another way to utilize the money. Is that a real option?

Not me. I don't like hype or fun.

And I never use hyperbole. I have never ever and would never in a million million years.

You don't expect me to believe this, do you? Your two iconic threads ( the Gif thread and the Is this appropriate thread) which were brought down unfairly were two of the funniest threads in the history of this franchise.

I honestly wouldn't even say that Locke is a great stats guy. I don't really like his use of numbers more often than not. He takes numbers and tries to spin them into whatever he already thinks. He'll use single game plus-minus, he'll use small sample size shooting numbers, he'll ignore stats as well if he doesn't like what they say. I do think he is very valuable because he gets lots of glimpses into the minds of the organization, and I think often he is used as a way to get ideas out to the fans from the team. His PAAC rating or whatever is decent in certain ways.

I do hope he was right about being able to use the cap space, though.

I agree...really getting tired of Locke, he is so annoying and usually incorrect with his statements. I follow his Jazz basketball list on Twitter but I've blocked Locke because of his nonsense, lol.

I agree...really getting tired of Locke, he is so annoying and usually incorrect with his statements. I follow his Jazz basketball list on Twitter but I've blocked Locke because of his nonsense, lol.

I think he's generally good. He can be really condescending while also not being intellectually honest. That is my main issue with him. Often you can tell he hasn't really considered the strongest arguments against his position, but he likes to cherry pick weaker ones. This is especially true whenever a FO or coaching figure is questioned. During the Corbin years it became pretty clear that he was biased.

If his interactions with fans were a little less uniformly authoritarian I would like him more. That being said, I'm sure he has to wade through a bunch of poorly thought-out opinions on a daily basis. I'm absolutely sure that he is jaded by fan interaction in that way.

Thanks for researching it! By the way, did you get the PM I sent you in March?

I think he's generally good. He can be really condescending while also not being intellectually honest. That is my main issue with him. Often you can tell he hasn't really considered the strongest arguments against his position, but he likes to cherry pick weaker ones. This is especially true whenever a FO or coaching figure is questioned. During the Corbin years it became pretty clear that he was biased.

If his interactions with fans were a little less uniformly authoritarian I would like him more. That being said, I'm sure he has to wade through a bunch of poorly thought-out opinions on a daily basis. I'm absolutely sure that he is jaded by fan interaction in that way.

His rants like the other morning are pretty childish. And occasionally he gets super defensive and catty like the stuff about Quin being hard on Dante etc

His rants like the other morning are pretty childish. And occasionally he gets super defensive and catty like the stuff about Quin being hard on Dante etc

Agree. This playoffs is different and I can see why people don't like it. It's not just the sweep... it's that the games aren't even competitive. I still watch some but not all... but I understand the disappointment. Wonder if he will make zach lowe feel dumb for hinting that this playoffs is kind of bad/boring.

1280 (the Miller's station) hyping Teodosic pretty hard right now. Maybe that means something.

1280 (the Miller's station) hyping Teodosic pretty hard right now. Maybe that means something.

At the right contract he is okay because he can play on or off the ball. But he's D is so bad. I thought we were trying to be a good team. I wonder what it would take to trade for Rubio or Eric Bledsoe?

At the right contract he is okay because he can play on or off the ball. But he's D is so bad. I thought we were trying to be a good team. I wonder what it would take to trade for Rubio or Eric Bledsoe?
I'm not saying Gobert erases everyone's mistakes but I am saying he does better than anyone does.

Also, you can probably hide him, especially given his size.

Also, he might come off the bench which would automatically mitigate this somewhat.

Also, if Joe Ingles can do it, maybe Teodosic can improve (especially in a reduced role).

NBA perimeter guys are just too quick athletic and strong for Teodosic to handle. You cant hide him every min he is on the court. Especially in the playoffs. Also his offensive efficiency will drop as well against those players. I dont see him as a majör contributor in any team. At most he will do what Deron is doing in Cavs now.

A big Russian news agency reports Heat, Kings and Nets reportedly interested in Milos Teodosic.

The Jazz renounced?

A big Russian news agency reports Heat, Kings and Nets reportedly interested in Milos Teodosic.

The Jazz renounced?

The Jazz don't own his rights. There's nothing to renounce. It's just that he's expressed interest in the Jazz in the past, so many people figure the Jazz have the inside track.

Also, he played for CSKA when Quin was the assistant coach, so they have a relationship, which was why he said he would like to play for Quin and the Jazz.

Also, he played for CSKA when Quin was the assistant coach, so they have a relationship, which was why he said he would like to play for Quin and the Jazz.

From Pro Exposure.com: In Russia, Milos Teodosic led CSKA to within one game of the VTB United League Championship defeating CSKA 99-79 with 23 points, hitting 3-3 2fg & 5-8 3fg, and added 6 assists in 25 minutes with a game rating of 24. For his Performance he was named Pro Exposure’s Global POTD for Saturday June 10, 2017. . .

CSKA makes Teodosic a huge offer:

The “Army Team” doesn’t want to lose the best floor general in Europe and that’s why they are making him an offer which is hard to refuse. A total of 12 million euros for the next three seasons are on the table for the Serb guard. Teodosic with an annual salary of four million euros will became the higest paid ever player in the history of European basketball. Those are net ammounts, since it’s common practice in many parts of Europe the taxes to be paid by the clubs. “We will try to build a stronger team and that’s why we are waiting Teodosic’s answer as soon as possible”, said team president Andrey Vatutin after yesterday’s championship win in the VTB Unitel League.