What's new

The Jazz are trading D-Will to New Jersey!?

Deron To New Jersey

Utah Trades
DWill

Utah Gets:
Devin Harris
Derrick Favors
and Multiple Draft picks

Per twitter
Adrian Wojnarowski

Here's some confirmation from ESPN New York:

The New Jersey Nets are trying to rebound from the disappointment of their failed pursuit of Carmelo Anthony by swinging a blockbuster trade for the Utah Jazz's Deron Williams before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET deadline, sources said on Wednesday.

The Nets and Jazz, sources said, are closing in on a multi-team trade that would send Williams to New Jersey, with the Nets' Derrick Favors and Devin Harris going to Utah.

The deal, if completed, would also include the Golden State Warriors and involve Utah receiving draft picks from the Nets.

As I said before....

Holy ****.

Hey, guys! I think we've got proof that D-Will had SOMETHING to do with Sloan retiring!

Why? With him probably leaving, his disobedience to Sloan, and his bad leadership really not that surprised. Harris, Favors, and 1st round draft picks does not sound to bad. Not contending for a championship this year anyway. Contending for the 7th or 8th seed.

I actually had a clairvoyant moment while I was walking my dog last night, thinking about the Melo situation and if the Jazz would go through it next year. I thought, New Jersey lost out on Melo. Why not take their Melo offer for D-Will?

ESPN is reporting that Utah will get back Favors, Devin Harris (a decent PG in his own right) and "multiple" draft picks from New Jersey.

There's a very good chance that the Nets are lottery bound this year and maybe next.

I'll wait to see what the official picks are, but this could turn out to be an AMAZING trade in favor of Utah. They may have just cashed in on that Russian owner's obsession with making the Nets front page news.

Harris, Favors and two 1st Rounders.

Quite frankly, I've always thought Harris was over-rated

But Favors was my dream pick - he will be an all-star.

If this is true, I'm done. DWill was almost the only thing that made the Jazz fun to watch. :(