What's new

The Jazz Will Get Dejounte Murray

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
From the man who co-captained the Tay Henny Bus comes a prediction. Calling my shot. We trade for Dejounte Murray.

Hawks were unable to dump salary and have a mandate to get under the tax. We trade two picks and assume his salary… we renegotiate and extend his deal. @Saint Cy of JFC will be super mad all season.

They've got to get a big time ball handler and a primary perimeter defender. Makes a lot of sense for us and a lot of sense for them. Whatever his cost is, the Jazz can provide it.

The best path forward for ATL was not to use their picks to dump the unwanted salary, it is to trade their higher salary players for picks and reset a little bit. No reason to burn all the picks to hold together a play in level roster.

Windy on the hoop collective insinuated that Atlanta is shopping him.

I don't think his extension number is high enough to get him to sign one. 99% going to free agency.
We can renegotiate and extend him using cap space… trust me here… hawks can’t they don’t have cap space.

For two picks, absolutely let’s do it. And he probably should go for more than two picks given his contract situation.

We desperately need a ball dominate player. We need two of them!

Two picks AND assume his salary? That might be a little rich but I'm good with it... assuming they're protected at all.

But I honestly think they don't?

Supposedly George was 10th on their board and they think he's a PG. Why give up assets for a veteran PG? The Jazz seem like they want shooters based on how they just drafted (and didn't draft), so I don't see Dejounte as a fit.

Just roll with Dunn/Sexton/THT imo.

Clarkson, the Lakers pick, and a protected 29 pick for Murray is something I’d love to do. They may have had Keynote at 10, but he’s clearly going to need some development before taking over full time

From your lips to God's ears. Would absolutely love to add Murray to this roster.
I thought he was a lot better than what I saw in the playoffs. Atlanta looked like a complete train wreck. But that could’ve been the result of having to share the court with Trae Young