What's new

The Jazz Will Get Dejounte Murray

I honestly don't think it should take more than one pick. He's an expiring and with the amount of money and grief we save them either absorbing him outright or sending a cheaper player is huge. I still think sending JC on an opt-in/extend-and-trade (officially in July so Clarkson can get the bigger raises) is a better value play for them and keeps the asset alive. Or Sexton, but I think they're going to want some size.

I honestly don't think it should take more than one pick. He's an expiring and with the amount of money and grief we save them either absorbing him outright or sending a cheaper player is huge. I still think sending JC on an opt-in/extend-and-trade (officially in July so Clarkson can get the bigger raises) is a better value play for them and keeps the asset alive. Or Sexton, but I think they're going to want some size.
They need to cut $10M in payroll though... that's a big part of the trade.

According to Windhorst, Atlanta’s management is under a mandate to get under the luxury tax.
I think it will be one of the following:

- Hunter to Sacramento or Indiana and they get a pick back. Maybe we do that... I'm really lukewarm on Hunter.
- JC to Dallas for like Richaun Holmes or some other bad salary that isn't as big and isn't as long
- Dejounte to a team with space for a pick or two. Haven't looked around but I think we'd be in prime position. I think this may be the preferred route because he can walk for nothing at year end. They have painted themselves in a corner.

Why did Quin take that job so suddenly... feels like a mistake.

They gave up 3 picks and a swap to get him, they arent goin to give him away.

They gave up 3 picks and a swap to get him, they arent goin to give him away.
Getting way under the tax, a huge TPE, and a 1st is not exactly giving him away considering they are in serious danger of losing him for nothing in a year anyway.

Conversely, sending two picks for an expiring contract feels rich to me. I guess if they have the renegotiate-and-extend nailed down prior then it's different.

Getting way under the tax, a huge TPE, and a 1st is not exactly giving him away considering they are in serious danger of losing him for nothing in a year anyway.

Conversely, sending two picks for an expiring contract feels rich to me. I guess if they have the renegotiate-and-extend nailed down prior then it's different.
It's a weird situation.

It's not as meme'd, but I think the Murray trade was far worse than the Gobert trade. At least with the Gobert trade there's some pathway for it all to work out kind of. This Atlanta **** just feels dead in the water to me. They threw away all those assets for two first round wins and now they may have to lose him after a season.

Wanna know how 2nds are useful? Dialing in value on trades.

one 1st might be too little, and two 1sts might be too much. Hmm... I wonder if there is a similar asset of less value that functions as a decimal.

Listened to Locked on Hawks cuz Fisher was on there. Mentioned Murray again and one thing he said... Dejounte and his reps will be given some say in where they go... he referenced Pascal having Haynes send the message that he won't resign if moved from Toronto. Makes sense since he can tell a potential acquirer that he will or won't re-sign. So this made me think that he is definitely on the block (as are many Hawks) and gave me some comfort in that if we trade for him his reps, Hardy, and others have signed off on it. It may also drive the price down. I don't see a super wide market for him with teams that can absorb the salary. I don't think the cost would be wild.

Listened to Locked on Hawks cuz Fisher was on there. Mentioned Murray again and one thing he said... Dejounte and his reps will be given some say in where they go... he referenced Pascal having Haynes send the message that he won't resign if moved from Toronto. Makes sense since he can tell a potential acquirer that he will or won't re-sign. So this made me think that he is definitely on the block (as are many Hawks) and gave me some comfort in that if we trade for him his reps, Hardy, and others have signed off on it. It may also drive the price down. I don't see a super wide market for him with teams that can absorb the salary. I don't think the cost would be wild.
He's a Klutch guy. I would be shocked if he wants to go to Utah.

He's a Klutch guy. I would be shocked if he wants to go to Utah.
May not want to stay forever but I'm sure he'd like the payday. I don't know that his stock gets a boost playing alongside Trae if he wants to play it out. Orlando, SA, Houston, Sacramento, the other teams with space... maybe a couple others. IDK man... I think its a decent match if the other stuff lines up.

May not want to stay forever but I'm sure he'd like the payday. I don't know that his stock gets a boost playing alongside Trae if he wants to play it out. Orlando, SA, Houston, Sacramento, the other teams with space... maybe a couple others. IDK man... I think its a decent match if the other stuff lines up.
Sure, but Utah wouldnt trade for him if he wont commit to staying and I dont think they would outright lie to Utah about their commitment.

It's a weird situation.

It's not as meme'd, but I think the Murray trade was far worse than the Gobert trade. At least with the Gobert trade there's some pathway for it all to work out kind of. This Atlanta **** just feels dead in the water to me. They threw away all those assets for two first round wins and now they may have to lose him after a season.

Yeah trading away essentially five 1sts for a guy who makes 50M is way better. Gobert apologists are hilarious.

Sure, but Utah wouldnt trade for him if he wont commit to staying and I dont think they would outright lie to Utah about their commitment.
Right... so he may want to commit enough that he signs and sticks around a few years. If we trade for him it is with the understanding he will sign long term. I honestly don't think he or Klutch have a big problem coming here if there is a payday and a good role with a decent team. If it doesn't happen that may be an indicator that Klutch said hell no.

Who we sending? I don't see it. Not giving up Ochai or Kessler, need a thrid team if sending Bull.
Props for correctly guessing Hendricks would be the pick, you must a ****ing genius or lucky one of the two.
I like DM but we could have drafted that type of guard at 16 in JHS and passed.
If anything I have us getting Kuminga for almost nothing. Rolling with THT Sexton Keyonte and Dunn all sharing ball handling duty until next season