What's new

The Jerry Sloan thread

I'll always remember the time I met Jerry at one of the autograph signing nights they had for season ticket holders. As he signed my photo I said, "Thanks for all you've done for this team and city over the years." (or something like that). He then stopped signing, looked me in the eye, and said "Thank you, that means a lot," and then handed me the picture back. He said it in such a humble and sincere way that it really caught me off guard. It has always stuck with me how humble he seemed. I didn't expect him to be like that. Everyone else I ever complimented just said thanks and rarely looked up.

It sounds cheesy, but it's hard to describe how impressed I was by his polite, sincere, and grateful response to a stupid little complement of a 26 year old nobody.

I'll always remember the time I met Jerry at one of the autograph signing nights they had for season ticket holders. As he signed my photo I said, "Thanks for all you've done for this team and city over the years." (or something like that). He then stopped signing, looked me in the eye, and said "Thank you, that means a lot," and then handed me the picture back. He said it in such a humble and sincere way that it really caught me off guard. It has always stuck with me how humble he seemed. I didn't expect him to be like that. Everyone else I ever complimented just said thanks and rarely looked up.

It sounds cheesy, but it's hard to describe how impressed I was by his polite, sincere, and grateful response to a stupid little complement of a 26 year old nobody.

Also met him ever so briefly at an autograph event. He struck me exactly the same way. Very sincere and very humble.

Met him once in the fanz store under the delta center and talked to him a little bit about gordon giricek and deshaun stevenson.

He was buying presents for his grandkids.

Seemed like a good guy

2 pages???

Deos anyone have a video they can post from the ceremony? ESPN didn't do the best job covering the event.

Jerry Sloan coached this motley crew to a winning record. 'Nuff said.

0304jazzteamphoto.jpg

Personally, this was his greatest coaching year and not only should he have won coach of the year that year but Jerry should have been immediately enshrined into the BB hall of fame. I think most media guys were saying the Jazz would challenge the worse record in NBA history record. Every year they would say I can't believe Jerry Sloan hasn't been coach of the year, well duh!!! the media is the one who can't believe it but they are the one's who didn't vote for him. You would think they would give him the award when the Jazz had the best record, NOPE!!! I remember a dumbass reporter from ESPN stating that he has Stockton and Malone that is why they have the best record.. Are you kidding me? Yea Phil Jackson coached a bunch of nobodies. This is why the COY award is the most overrated award given out each year. I think it is a compliment that Jerry never won it now because it is worthless if he didn't get it the year of this photo.