What's new

"The Letter" that makes "The Promise" Cleveland on Lebron

Sloanfeld

Banned
Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

https://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

That is so utterly illogical, stupid, and childish, that it's hard to believe it was written by a grown man. Is it real? It has to be a hoax. I just can't believe that level of embarrassingly stupid unprofessionalism could come from a real-life NBA owner. (*not named Mark Cuban)

He sounds upset, the the Knicks, Nets, & Clippers are probably upset. The fans of those teams are the losers tonite, but I think the NBA players will ultimately pay for this during next years lock out. The owners will put the hammer down to stop this from happening again.

What a little baby. Lebron has made your franchise actually relevant and you are going to call him a coward and a traitor, thats low.

Cavs owner is right. Lebron admitted that he is a ****ing loser and he cannot win without hanging onto Wade's coattails. I hope Miami loses badly in the playoffs

A little hyperbolic, but if Gilbert is serious, than that is fantastic for the fans in Cleveland. The truth is though, no stars will want to go play in Cleveland, cap space or not. It's a similar situation to SLC and Sacramento.

Sucks for Cleveland fans, but it's funny how they are butchering the only guy who made them relevent since the 80's

What a little baby. Lebron has made your franchise actually relevant and you are going to call him a coward and a traitor, thats low.
It's the way the douche bag did it. Having a TV show to show off he calculated move just smells of ignorant ******* and exemplifies every thing wrong with the NBA. Now the Miami heat team can line up for a pulling train on Mommy Leshame.

Never thought I would say this, but I now respect the hell out of Kobe much more than I ever will King Douche.

HAHAHA that team will be the 8 seed next year and get swept by the Heat. Sorry but they aint winning anything.

I would soooooooooo Love for the cavs to win before lebron. I kind of hope the lakers or heat don't win because if there is one thing the last few seasons has taught is that the nba needs a hard cap on things like this. I can't wait for the lock out to happen.

The whole TV thing was kinda dumb but come on when was the last time three young superstars ever took less money to try and win? Props to all three guys.

Hmm, I guess I'm in the minority, but I liked the act of calling out Lebron. I wouldn't have used those same words but somebody needed to say it. Kind of like the emporers new clothes. Cleveland did everything thing they could to surround him with players, but it was him that ultimatley choked in the playoffs. I'm guessing that many more will call him out in the coming days-- the press could kill him and his image could take a major hit. And ultimately the owners will have the last word....

Lebron is a ****ing loser and he admitted as much tonight. LOL at him for hanging onto Wade's coatails to try and win. I hope Heat and that backstabbing mother****er Riley crash and burn. I'll root for the Celtics and Cavs and Magic to beat these bums.

boozer must be pissed he bolted in the hope lebron would join up with him in chicago to bring in those rings.

Lebron defined his character tonight. Some of Gilbert's words were a little cringeworthy but I love that kinda passion. I'm way more supportive of them now than when Lebron was their king.

Screw Lebron.

boozer must be pissed he bolted in the hope lebron would join up with him in chicago to bring in those rings.
Ya really think Boozer gives a crap if he plays with James? Who sez he'll even be playin, now that he gotz his 80 million, know what I'm sayin?