What's new

"The Letter" that makes "The Promise" Cleveland on Lebron

Hmm, I guess I'm in the minority, but I liked the act of calling out Lebron. I wouldn't have used those same words but somebody needed to say it.

I agree. I liked LeBron before all of this. But all of this just made me lose a LOT of respect for him. You don't go in front of the world to trample on the hearts of your hometown. At least give them that courtesy. That's the ultimate betrayal in this whole thing. I don't blame Gilbert for being pissed off...and I hope his guarantee becomes true. I hate that Heat were able to pull this off and we're all subjected to watching their championships now...

I have never liked Lebron even before. His sore loser attitude, his quitting on his team in the playoffs, and a lot of other things. By doling this move he has admitted that he maybe, if lucky, would be mentioned in the same breath as Pippen, but not be mentioned EVER in the same breath as Jordan or even Kobe. He declared to the world that he is a cowardly loser. I love it.

He said in his own way basically what all Cavs fans are thinking, except he's the owner so you wouldn't expect him to say it . It's a free country...but, i'm sure Stern is gonna slap him with a fine.

https://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

Why can't our ownership go nuts and make a promise? :(

Is this a joke or you are actually praising Cleveland ownership here? Guilbert sounds like a little baby. He gave personal guarantee that Cleveland will win a ring before James? Anyone wants to take a wager on that one? Last I checked James was FREE agent and could have a choice of the team he wants. Cleveland had 7 years to give him enough talent to win it all. Everyone wanted to play with James, he really made Cleveland a desirable destination for Free Agents. And he took them to NBA Finals, he led them to best regular season record in NBA - pretty much everything Stockton and Malone did for the Jazz, except it took him much less time, and he didn't get the benefit of having another great player next to him, like Stock and Karl did, since they had each other. Cleveland really has no one but themselves to blame here. Even Booz - they had the guy locked up, but no, that wasn't enough. They wanted to save some money off of him and get him for midlevel, when his value was 70 mil. Took a huge gamble with one purpose only: to get a bargain deal, and got screwed as a result. Who knows, if they had Booz in there last 6 years, they could have had a title already and James may have stayed. It is just one example. They had 7 years to give James talent and they didn't. No, Cleveland fumbled the ball on this one. They have no one but themselves to blame. This letter to fans is pathetic, and full of sh** too. Like I said, any wagers on who wins title first: Cavs or James?

Is this a joke or you are actually praising Cleveland ownership here? Guilbert sounds like a little baby. He gave personal guarantee that Cleveland will win a ring before James? Anyone wants to take a wager on that one? Last I checked James was FREE agent and could have a choice of the team he wants. Cleveland had 7 years to give him enough talent to win it all. Everyone wanted to play with James, he really made Cleveland a desirable destination for Free Agents. And he took them to NBA Finals, he led them to best regular season record in NBA - pretty much everything Stockton and Malone did for the Jazz, except it took him much less time, and he didn't get the benefit of having another great player next to him, like Stock and Karl did, since they had each other. Cleveland really has no one but themselves to blame here. Even Booz - they had the guy locked up, but no, that wasn't enough. They wanted to save some money off of him and get him for midlevel, when his value was 70 mil. Took a huge gamble with one purpose only: to get a bargain deal, and got screwed as a result. Who knows, if they had Booz in there last 6 years, they could have had a title already and James may have stayed. It is just one example. They had 7 years to give James talent and they didn't. No, Cleveland fumbled the ball on this one. They have no one but themselves to blame. This letter to fans is pathetic, and full of sh** too. Like I said, any wagers on who wins title first: Cavs or James?

They were actually rather aggressive in trying to put pieces around Lebron, IMO. The FO can only make so many trades...they can't force FA to come there. Even LeBron couldn't recruit Amare or Bosh there. How is that the Cavs ownership's fault?

I'm pissed the **** off this dolt said anything. Now ******* are going to use this to turn the well deserved Lebron hate on the Cavs. They'll go "look at what he said!" and the clowns and bandwagoners will always come back to how this guy "disrespected" the KING. "The KING deserved more than that lowly ****** city, you deserve the amazing city of Miami **** those hillbillies!" God I hate the casual/badwagon/aka Laker fan. ****ing ruin this sport.

****, this guy did himself and everyone that hates Lebrons smugness and decision no favors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pissed the **** off this dolt said anything. Now faggots are going to use this to turn the well deserved Lebron hate on the Cavs. They'll go "look at what he said!" and the clowns and bandwagoners will always come back to how this guy "disrespected" the KING. "The KING deserved more than that lowly ****** city, you deserve the amazing city of Miami **** those hillbillies!" God I hate the casual/badwagon/aka Laker fan. ****ing ruin this sport.

****, this guy did himself and everyone that hates Lebrons smugness and decision no favors.

You need to watch your ****ing language bro. Borderline Marissa Miller-esque post.

**** you Thunder fan. Go suck a KD2(that's a shoe, but you would know that being a bandwagoner turd).

IM ANGRY BRLARGHGHGHGH!

Alright I've calmed down a bit. I'm sorry honz, I just let the emotion get the best of me. I'm sorry for what I said, it was way out of line. I still love you.

I'm pissed the **** off this dolt said anything. Now faggots are going to use this to turn the well deserved Lebron hate on the Cavs. They'll go "look at what he said!" and the clowns and bandwagoners will always come back to how this guy "disrespected" the KING. "The KING deserved more than that lowly ****** city, you deserve the amazing city of Miami **** those hillbillies!" God I hate the casual/badwagon/aka Laker fan. ****ing ruin this sport.

Yeah, and now when he goes back to play the Cavs and the fans there act uncivilized, we'll lose our title as the nastiest fans in the NBA!! ****ITY **** ****! Honz, Durant's shoe couldn't hold Dwill's jock

Miami will NEVER love Lebron as much as Cleveland did
[video=vimeo;11786668]https://vimeo.com/11786668
Cleveland is Lebron:p

Go read a Cleveland message board. This guy is being praised so much. I think it was great and it's going to motivate both the fans and the team. Who cares about what other markets think when you have your entire fan base behind you.

I would soooooooooo Love for the cavs to win before lebron. I kind of hope the lakers or heat don't win because if there is one thing the last few seasons has taught is that the nba needs a hard cap on things like this. I can't wait for the lock out to happen.

The only problem with this is that the Jazz will be hurt more than a team like Miami. The way it is set up now allows for a team who wants to win more can spend more. A hard cap will even the spending field. Therefore, the Jazz would have a hard time beating out more desirable locations for the same money.

Plus, based on how the Jazz tend to overspend on lesser players, we would have a harder time filling out a roster with good quality talent.

What we need is to get great players through the draft. The longer we prolong this the longer we have to wait for the promised land. Only a stellar player(s) through the draft would draw players here for less money than we are currently spending.

Miami will NEVER love Lebron as much as Cleveland did
[video=vimeo;11786668]https://vimeo.com/11786668
Cleveland is Lebron:p

I was talking to some people about this. I think this is the kind of thing that drove Lebron away from Cleveland. This is borderline obsession. This kind of "love" put so much pressure on him that it drove him to a team for less money, less playing time and less opportunities to score. Can you imagine Jordan ever doing this?

I'm sure Lebron could've stuck it out longer with Cleveland and eventually won a championship, with the right combo of players plus a little good fortune. However, when an entire city, state, etc, put this much responsibility on you to make them happy, it rarely ends well.

It's just like in a relationship. The only person who can truly make you the happiest is yourself. Everything else is merely a band-aid.

P.S. We Jazz fans are about as guilty as they are at doing this. I'm pretty sure this is what drove Boozer out of town. We placed too much expectation from him. We expect all our players to be complete players or face massive criticism. Because I'm sure they've never heard it before from anyone else, like their coach maybe?

I guess you can say that I'm not surprised Lebron left. It's not good from a loyalty standpoint but it is understandable. It's also no reason to get hysterical and waste your money by burning his jersey or anything else that's ridiculous. Just sell it if you don't want to support him anymore. Don't go insane and start acting borderline criminal.

I enjoy basketball, but come on, it's just a game. Cleveland, your life will go on no matter what these guys do. I promise. :)

It's even better in the original comic sans blue font.

It is? lol

I only read it in the OP. That's pretty funny.

I have to admit, that would be pretty cool to read if you were really upset about it. I just don't get worked up about these kind of things anymore. I even had my own website dedicated to the Jazz. However, after consecutive Finals loses, I got burned out and have slowly pulled back more and more every year.