What's new

"The Letter" that makes "The Promise" Cleveland on Lebron

We Jazz fans are about as guilty as they are at doing this. I'm pretty sure this is what drove Boozer out of town. We placed too much expectation from him. We expect all our players to be complete players or face massive criticism. Because I'm sure they've never heard it before from anyone else, like their coach maybe?

Pressure, my ***. Jazz fans just wanted Boozer to play with more effort and not say stupid things to the Press.
For the money he was making here, if he can't take that much criticism then let him bolt. I am sure the Chicago Press and fans would embrace him when he misses one-third of his games or plays his matador defense and talks about getting a raise in the middle of a bad economy.

Same with Lebron.
He wants to be the King. Well Kings are'nt beyond criticism. And expectations are bound to be King-sized too.
If you want to be an athlete-billionaire and have the world at your feet, you have to be tough enough to handle all that.
Guess what? He was'nt. He settled for less pressure, more support. In other words he admitted he is no longer The King and is willing to ride Wade and Riley's coatails to a championship. We always knew that he was overrated, so this is'nt surprising.r

great thread!

edit: boy it looks weird to see so much blank space beneath my post. I could say more, but you've all said it already. Oh well.

edit #2: I got rid of my location. That eliminates some of the blank space - as does this needless comment.

The letter and passion will no doubt endear Dan Gilbert to the Cav fans. But come on, he sounds petty, childish, and immature. He may unite the fan base which I'm sure was his objective, but if I'm an NBA player and future free agent why the hell would I want to play for this owner? If he can quickly turn on LBJ he can quickly turn on anyone. The Cavs' season ticket holders should ask for their money back based on Gilbert's "guarantee" when the Heat win a championship MUCH sooner than the Cavs ever will.

Yeah players stick with other players. LBJ will have the support of his fellow players. I could see the letter doing so serious damage to prospective players coming to Cleveland if that's how they are treated when they leave. Especially the guy who made your franchise one of the top ones after it was basically NBA hell.

The owner of the cavs is a childish moron. sure lebron cost him millions and his team is worthless now but lebron has to do what lebron has to do. He gave them the best 7 years he could, didn't work out and he wants to create a super power team which will get 100% of the spotlight and attention for years to come. Childish move by an owner...

+2 rep for this guy.

Some of us have been saying this same stuff for years, and were branded as dumbasses and ignorant. Well, just suck my/our perverbial fart boxes, jack holes.

I hope DuhBron Wade give eachother STD's.

Pressure, my ***. Jazz fans just wanted Boozer to play with more effort and not say stupid things to the Press.
For the money he was making here, if he can't take that much criticism then let him bolt. I am sure the Chicago Press and fans would embrace him when he misses one-third of his games or plays his matador defense and talks about getting a raise in the middle of a bad economy.

Same with Lebron.
He wants to be the King. Well Kings are'nt beyond criticism. And expectations are bound to be King-sized too.
If you want to be an athlete-billionaire and have the world at your feet, you have to be tough enough to handle all that.
Guess what? He was'nt. He settled for less pressure, more support. In other words he admitted he is no longer The King and is willing to ride Wade and Riley's coatails to a championship. We always knew that he was overrated, so this is'nt surprising.

Pretty much says it for me.

I just sprained my ankle this morning wearing brand new lebron's...the curse has already started...

Dan Gilbert owns Fathead.com and has dropped the price of LeBron James Cavalier decals to $17.41.

Benedict Arnold was born in 1741.

Nice touch, Dan.