What's new

The lunatics have taken over

Our system is on the verge of collapse? Haha, funny stuff right there.

Oh and BTW folks, don't send your kids to college, they are hotbeds of lawlessness, cheating and drug and alcohol abuse.

That and the fact that logic dictates that we doubt unsubstantiated claims. Oh no!

CJ, you so funny.

"Unchecked climate change, global nuclear weapons modernization, and outsized nuclear weapons arsenals pose extraordinary and undeniable threats to the continued existence of humanity, and world leaders have failed to act with the speed or on the scale required to protect citizens from potential catastrophe. These failures of political leadership endanger every person on Earth.” Doomsday clock!

Despite the fact that the stock markets are at record highs, unemployment is down, and inflation seems to be in check the fact remains that global trends indicate that social turmoil, political unrest, economic crisis, and international friction are becoming more widespread and out of control! In fact, it's clear that the world economy is now functioning so badly that it damages both the immediate and long-term interests of all nations! In the international economy there is the strong possibility of a collapse of "credit" with defaults by major debtors or bank failures and an intensified struggle for the influence or control over resources that will lead to military conflicts and total anarchy!

Not so funny, there Gameface!

"Unchecked climate change, global nuclear weapons modernization, and outsized nuclear weapons arsenals pose extraordinary and undeniable threats to the continued existence of humanity, and world leaders have failed to act with the speed or on the scale required to protect citizens from potential catastrophe. These failures of political leadership endanger every person on Earth.” Doomsday clock!

Despite the fact that the stock markets are at record highs, unemployment is down, and inflation seems to be in check the fact remains that global trends indicate that social turmoil, political unrest, economic crisis, and international friction are becoming more widespread and out of control! In fact, it's clear that the world economy is now functioning so badly that it damages both the immediate and long-term interests of all nations! In the international economy there is the strong possibility of a collapse of "credit" with defaults by major debtors or bank failures and an intensified struggle for the influence or control over resources that will lead to military conflicts and total anarchy!

Not so funny, there Gameface!
The world is no worse than it has ever been.

The world is no worse than it has ever been.
It's actually way better.
In my day I had to walk to school, uphill both ways, in deep deep snow while it rained on me.

Of course back then everyone was kind, and courteous, respected their elders, and there was no terrorism, global warming, or evil

I don't see how any of that drivel demonstrates that a circle is REALLY TOTALLY a sphere.

"This whole response is about CJ's idiotic idea that the Bible is correct to the letter, without any need for interpretation."

....I was just responding to your question or statement that I believe there is no need to interpret Bible passages or verses, and that EVERYTHING stated in the Bible must be taken literal! The Genesis account, for example, speaks of 6 "creative" days in which God was preparing the already existing Earth, for human habitation. The facts and understanding of the use of the word "day" in just about ALL languages, including the English and Hebrew word for "day"....is NOT limited to a 24 hour period! Does this mean "interpretation" to suit my fancy is being used? Absolutely not! Does it mean that using other verses in the Bible can't be used to "interpret “ or explain or clarify the meaning of a particular word or statement in the Bible? "Day” as used in the Bible can include summer and winter, the passing of seasons. (Zechariah 14:8) “The day of harvest” involves many days. (Compare Proverbs 25:13 and Genesis 30:14.) A thousand years are likened to a day. (Psalm 90:4; 2*Peter 3:8,*10)

Thus, it would seem reasonable that the “days” of Genesis could and do embrace long periods of time—millenniums of time or even LONGER!

The Genesis account opens with the simple, powerful statement: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” (Genesis 1:1) The implication of that opening statement is profound. According to the Bible’s opening words, the universe, including our planet, Earth, was in existence for an indefinite time before the creative days began!

Geologists estimate that the earth is 4*billion years old, and astronomers calculate that the universe may be as much as 15*billion years old. Do these findings—or their potential future refinements—contradict Genesis 1:1? No. The Bible does not specify the actual age of “the heavens and the earth.” Science is not at odds with that Biblical text!

And honestly, when I was growing up we were in the middle of the crack war, no one wanted to bone because everyone was terrified of AIDS, the threat of nuclear annihilation was much more real, and on top of that racism, sexism, etc were far worse than they are today. And as a little cherry on top we measured online speed in baud, there was no Google or Wikipedia, tv's were rarely larger than 35"and weighed a ton and took up tons of space, there was generally a lot more trash on the ground, and half the world was actually suffering under real communism.

It's actually way better.
In my day I had to walk to school, uphill both ways, in deep deep snow while it rained on me.

Of course back then everyone was kind, and courteous, respected their elders, and there was no terrorism, global warming, or evil

The Middle East is worse. But most of the world is better.

And honestly, when I was growing up we were in the middle of the crack war, no one wanted to bone because everyone was terrified of AIDS, the threat of nuclear annihilation was much more real, and on top of that racism, sexism, etc were far worse than they are today.

....more people are getting Aids and dying from it than EVER before! The Nuclear threat is greater than ever....because more countries have the capability.....and more countries than ever before, hate each others guts! Racism, and sexism are OUT of control, despite what on the surface looks like some minor progress! Oh, and a couple of other things.....the crack war is far from over and also OUT of control....and more sexually transmitted diseases are being spread because more "immorality" (fornication was the "old" word!) is being practiced/committed by more people and younger people as well!

....more people are getting Aids and dying from it than EVER before!

Just the type of uneducated garbage one has come to expect from you. AIDS infections have declined by a whooping 33% worldwide just in the past 10 years. Annual death toll is down 30%, and transmission in children down 52%. Anti-viral drugs have improved to the point where AIDS is now practically a chronic illness in the developed world, and not a terminal one.

https://www.unaids.org/en/resources/campaigns/globalreport2013/factsheet

The rest is too laughable to respond to, specially the part about racism by the forums' resident bigot.

....more people are getting Aids and dying from it than EVER before! The Nuclear threat is greater than ever....because more countries have the capability.....and more countries than ever before, hate each others guts! Racism, and sexism are OUT of control, despite what on the surface looks like some minor progress! Oh, and a couple of other things.....the crack war is far from over and also OUT of control....and more sexually transmitted diseases are being spread because more "immorality" (fornication was the "old" word!) is being practiced/committed by more people and younger people as well!

I didn't say anything about how many people are dying from AIDS, when I was growing up girls didn't want to have sex because they were AFRAID of AIDS. That was the bad part. That girls were more reluctant to have sex. You're not keeping up.

Also, the crack war was something that was going on in the 90s. It involved the rise of street gangs and a blip where violence actually increased, going against the half century long trend of decreased violence.

The USSR had the actual capability of destroying the U.S. completely with a nuclear attack. A nuke going off here or there, while it would be horrific, is not the same thing as 90% or more of the world population dying in a single day from a nuclear exchange between the U.S. and the USSR.

Just the type of uneducated garbage one has come to expect from you. AIDS infections have declined by a whooping 33% worldwide just in the past 10 years. Annual death toll is down 30%, and transmission in children down 52%. Anti-viral drugs have improved to the point where AIDS is now practically a chronic illness in the developed world, and not a terminal one.

https://www.unaids.org/en/resources/campaigns/globalreport2013/factsheet

There is a chance the Aids epidemic can be brought under control by 2030, according to a report by the United Nations Aids agency. (Yeah, fat chance on that one!)

It said the number of new HIV infections and deaths from Aids were both falling.

However, it called for far more international effort as the "current pace cannot end the epidemic".

And charity Medecins Sans Frontieres warned most of those in need of HIV drugs still had no access to them.

The report showed that 35 million people around the world were living with HIV.

Only three in 10 Americans have HIV under control says one government report! And keep in mind that HIV can lay "dormant" for months, even years, while the person is spreading it, and then it manifests itself after it's too late!

Certainly not "under control" by any stretch of the imagination!

And what about "other" STD's that ARE increasing and have become un-treatable with current drugs on the market?
An STD epidemic is sweeping the US with cases of chlamydia reaching 'record levels' - while gonorrhea and syphilis are also on the rise! Hidden STD Epidemic: 110 Million Infections in the US....heck, that's almost a 3rd of the USA population!

There is a chance the Aids epidemic can be brought under control by 2030, according to a report by the United Nations Aids agency. (Yeah, fat chance on that one!)

It said the number of new HIV infections and deaths from Aids were both falling.

However, it called for far more international effort as the "current pace cannot end the epidemic".

And charity Medecins Sans Frontieres warned most of those in need of HIV drugs still had no access to them.

The report showed that 35 million people around the world were living with HIV.

Only three in 10 Americans have HIV under control says one government report! And keep in mind that HIV can lay "dormant" for months, even years, while the person is spreading it, and then it manifests itself after it's too late!

Certainly not "under control" by any stretch of the imagination!

And what about "other" STD's that ARE increasing and have become un-treatable with current drugs on the market?
An STD epidemic is sweeping the US with cases of chlamydia reaching 'record levels' - while gonorrhea and syphilis are also on the rise! Hidden STD Epidemic: 110 Million Infections in the US....heck, that's almost a 3rd of the USA population!

Is dishonesty part of your religion too? You made a specific quantifiable statement:

....more people are getting Aids and dying from it than EVER before!

And I quickly refuted it. I have no interest in engaging your pathetic mental gymnastics. Have some self-respect and own up to your mistakes.

Fanatical anger serves no useful purpose. It's almost always part of the problem, not the solution.

Fanatical anger serves no useful purpose. It's almost always part of the problem, not the solution.

"Fanatical anger?" How about "reality check!" or "gettin your head out of the sand!" or "where have you been living....the Antarctic?"

And here, living proof that higher education does not always pay off where the actual students are concerned. This one takes the cake. On the other hand, I laughed throughout. The guy is funny. I suppose I could just as easily have cried, though. This PC stuff can go by another name: the tyranny of the majority, but folks fail to see they are practicing censorship, not enlightened policies.....

https://www.mrctv.org/blog/videostudents-sign-petition-boycott-racist-song-white-christmas