What's new

The lunatics have taken over

Joe Bagadonuts

Every day we hear a new whacked out story. When I saw this one I initially thought it was satire. It's real!

Ottawa University has suspended their free yoga class over concerns of "cultural appropriation." The instructor proposed changing the name of the class to "mindful stretching" but the president of the student union remains concerned that certain groups of people feel left out in yoga-like spaces. Hilarious!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...y-Ottawa-students-cultural-appropriation.html

I love how everyone quoted is discussing whether it is "cultural appropriation" or not. As if we all agree that's a legitimate concern.

I am pro-appropriating anything you like from any other culture, regardless of how they feel about it. Also, feel free to appropriate anything from my culture. For example, as an Arab, I won't feel butt-hurt if you decide to blow something up.

I love how everyone quoted is discussing whether it is "cultural appropriation" or not. As if we all agree that's a legitimate concern.

I am pro-appropriating anything you like from any other culture, regardless of how they feel about it. Also, feel free to appropriate anything from my culture. For example, as an Arab, I won't feel butt-hurt if you decide to blow something up.
How do you feel about us using your numbering system? Every time I add 2 + 2 I find find myself worrying if it is appropriate.

Right! Is there a single culture around today that isn't mostly appropriated parts of other cultures? How does cultural appropriation actually hurt the culture being appropriated from? They talk about it like parts of culture are actually being taken away from the originating culture, as if that culture is now being denied access to their own cultural practices.

How do you feel about us using your numbering system? Every time I add 2 + 2 I find find myself worrying if it is appropriate.

That is OFFENSIVE! My ancestors didn't slave day and night to come with a numbering system just so that you colonialist Westerners can STEAL it! Stick to your XMVIIwhatever numbering system please.

Right! Is there a single culture around today that isn't mostly appropriated parts of other cultures? How does cultural appropriation actually hurt the culture being appropriated from? They talk about it like parts of culture are actually being taken away from the originating culture, as if that culture is now being denied access to their own cultural practices.

Ya, like why even bother coming up with something if someone who looks slightly different than you is going to use it?

That is OFFENSIVE! My ancestors didn't slave day and night to come with a numbering system just so that you colonialist Westerners can STEAL it! Stick to your XMVIIwhatever numbering system please.
The Romans are gunna be seriously saddened by your insensitivity when they learn that your crediting their numbering system to people like me.

The Romans are gunna be seriously saddened by your insensitivity when they learn that your crediting their numbering system to people like me.

You share a magical connection through the word "Western".

The system of ancient Egyptian numerals was used in Ancient Egypt in around 3000 BC!

The decimal Hindu-Arabic numeral system was invented in India around AD 500!

You said "who came up with system of numerals we use today". Not "who came up with a system of numerals that was used at some point in history by someone".

The design of the Great Pyramid is based on the ratio 11:7. This ratio (equal 1.571) is perfect approximation of the “squaring the circle” principle.

For the Great Pyramid, Base to Height Ratio 440/280 is exactly 11/7

Most “pyramidologists” appear to be “chasing their tails” uncovering huge amount of “numerical coincidences” embedded in the Great Pyramid…

It is simply unbelievable, however ALL of these numerical coincidences are result of selecting just 4 numbers for the pyramid design: 7, 11 (height to base ratio), 40 (the scale factor), and the 4th key number is the value of the measuring unit: Royal Cubit = 20.62 ” = 0.524 m.

This single, fundamental design principle: 11 : 7 Base to Height Ratio generates ALL amazing mathematical properties of the Great Pyramid:

the Golden Ratio Phi=1.618 (the Great Pyramid is a Golden Pyramid: length of the slope side (356) divided by half of the side (440/2 = 220) height is equal to 1.6181818… which is the Golden Ratio Phi
squaring the circle ratio 1.571 (base/height = 44/28 = 1.571)
pi=3.14159… (2 x base/height = 2 x 44/28 = 3.14286 which is very close approximation of “pi” = 3.14159…)
Perimeter of the square base, 4×440=1760, is the same as circumference of the circle with radius = height: 2x ”pi” x height (2x 22/7 x 280=1760)
The ratio of the perimeter to height of 1760/280 cubits equates to 2x pi
to an accuracy of better than 0.05%
Side of the base (440) plus double height (2x 280=560) = 1,000
Perimeter of the square base is equal 4×440=1760 RC = 0.5 nautical mile = 1/7,200th of the radius length of the earth
the slop angle 51°.843
The Pyramid exhibits in the design both pi and by Phi, given the similarity
of 2/ sqrt(phi) (2 divided by the square root of Phi) with pi/2 :

....so in conclusion, the Egyptians were far more intelligent over 3,000 years ago than modern man who, according to you, is "evolving" into a higher form of life superior to any in past history! Can you explain that?