What's new

The mystery man Tony Jones was talking about

If the Jazz want Tyler Herro, it wouldn't take too much...
If he was who the Jazz was discussing it would’ve happened. I doubt it was him plus, he’s been heavily mentioned in rumors over the last year or two.
For ****'s sake, I always thought those RealGM memes about "look at the player Ainge almost got" were an overreaction...but now I'm living it.
Lol. Of course that’s your reaction to this thread. Your every meme about an old man rolled into one. Never stop being you.
Jalen Green is my guess. There were some whispers that we asked about his availability earlier in the year.
If there are whispers then it’s not him. According to JT’s criteria.
Donovan Mitchell

There
lol probably the best guess yet. No one would have guessed him, not even for this thread and you still went there. :p
I would say with Portland, they don't want to roll with a Simons/Sharpe/Scoot lineup too much, and I believe Simons is the easiest to pry away, so that could have been a possibility.
One. No way the jazz want him. Two, I’m not so sure he’s a win now move, more of a side ways move. Not sure he gives any more than what we get from Sexton or JC.
My wild guess is Darius Garland. There was some noise a while ago about Ainge liking him and Cleveland have been weird this year with Garland having somewhat of a down year, hampered by injuries and that Cleveland team being better without him than with him. Donovan has kind of made him redundant.
I hope not. lol but a good guess and I’m sure the Jazz are dumb enough to want another midget backcourt. Lol

The Darius Garland is interesting and he would fit the bill. The problem is I think cleveland has consigned themselves that Mitchell is gone and Garland will be the next building piece.

I guess if you ok at Cleveland Mobley makes the most sense. I forgot they have played better without him. The Mobley/Allen front court hasn't been great. Could you imagine if Mobley was used in the trade and they kept Markkanen?

Start Mobley at the 5 move Collins to the bench. That is interesting. Give back a couple of the first we got from Cleveland.

Cam Johnson is a player who is a versatile big SF that Ainge likes. He is not an all star but better than a starter. No one is talking about him.

If he were someone ainge could grab, I could see us getting better.

Herb Jones also fits. There were some initial herb is on the block rumors that were squashed days later. I wonder if something slipped and the Pelicans wanted to do damage control?

Someone could make a list of the top 3 - 4 players on every team and try to limit it down that way I guess. That means it's a list of 90 - 120 players. Remove all of the all stars and you are down to 50 - 70 players. Remove the rumor mill guys and you may be down to 40ish names.

If I had a podcast I might be tempted to do that. Does anyone know a guy?