What's new

The NBA's New Lineups Of Death | The Ringer

VINYLONE

Bringin' the diversity!
Contributor
https://theringer.com/the-nbas-new-lineups-of-death-7e52303954a1#.t1ef3lw5x

Excerpt:

Positional versatility is the name of the game, and these up-and-coming teams have what it takes to find success out of the Warriors model

Utah Jazz — Dante Exum, Alec Burks, Rodney Hood, Gordon Hayward, and Trey Lyles (or Boris Diaw or Joe Johnson)

The beauty of this season’s Jazz is how many different lineup options Quin Snyder has. He will start the game with Rudy Gobert and Derrick Favors, and then take one out to pair the other with a more perimeter-oriented big man in Lyles or Diaw. He can also play Lyles and Diaw together on the second unit and run an offense similar to the Hawks, or he could go super-small like the Warriors and play five wings together.

The trick to small ball is playing guys who aren’t all that small, and the Jazz have the biggest group of perimeter players in the NBA: George Hill (6-foot-3), Exum (6-foot-6), Burks (6-foot-6), Hayward (6-foot-8), Hood (6-foot-8), and Johnson (6-foot-8). They have all shown the ability to defend multiple positions and Exum is the only one of the lot who isn’t a knockdown 3-point shooter. Playing five of them together would mean spreading the floor as wide as possible while still having the size and speed to be passable on defense.

Hayward and Hood would be the primary options in any small-ball lineup, so the question is which three players to put around them. The fastest trio, and the one with the most upside, is Exum, Burks, and Lyles. Exum and Burks are coming off serious injuries, and Lyles has only scratched the surface of what he could become in the NBA. If those three can live up to their potential, the Jazz might be the team in the West with the best chance of matching up with the Warriors in the playoffs.

I find it interesting that there are so many "sportswriters" talking about the Jazz and their seemingly good fortune this coming season. It confuses me though, since the naysayers of this fool's gold team are actual Jazz fans...and, well, some historical troll accounts. I don't know who I should believe.

dzsk8u9.gif

I wouldn't say "sports writers"-- it's mostly been Tjarks, and Lowe to a lesser extent.

Tjarks absolutely loves this Jazz team tho-- which is nice cuz he's honestly a dope writer

Chad Ford, NBC Sports, ESPN, Aldridge, Tjarks, etc. The panel of experts is a long list. Dennis Lindsey and the Jazz org obviously agree since they invested in this squad.

On the counter argument there is LogGrad98 (aka oral diarrhea), N. Colorado (aka 'kaka morena de la boca') - rough translation: 'of or related to the mouth spewing hot and soft brown'.

I concur. I am troubled deciding who to believe.

Chad Ford, NBC Sports, ESPN, Aldridge, Tjarks, etc. The panel of experts is a long list. Dennis Lindsey and the Jazz org obviously agree since they invested in this squad.

On the counter argument there is LogGrad98 (aka oral diarrhea), N. Colorado (aka 'kaka morena de la boca') - rough translation: 'of or related to the mouth spewing hot and soft brown'.

Careful log will report you if you insult him.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

You root for mediocrity? Talk to us in 1-3 years when the Jazz go back into full rebuild mode. I hope you enjoy the brief respite DL has given you from watching his ****ty teams.

You root for mediocrity? Talk to us in 1-3 years when the Jazz go back into full rebuild mode. I hope you enjoy the brief respite DL has given you from watching his ****ty teams.

Ah yes... Let's add Franklin to our panel. It may look a little like this in a race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCyr1ugzxXM

Kevin Pelton, Grant Hughes to name a couple more

Only person I can think of that doesn't think we'll be good that I can think of is Simmons.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Kevin Pelton, Grant Hughes to name a couple more

Only person I can think of that doesn't think we'll be good that I can think of is Simmons.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
No one trusts his NBA opinion. He doesn't count.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think the author forgets the mobility of Favors. He is very fast and able to guard players on the perimeter that others bigs just can't. He's very unique in that regard. A true shot blocking big who is not a major vulnerability on the perimeter.

I think the author forgets the mobility of Favors. He is very fast and able to guard players on the perimeter that others bigs just can't. He's very unique in that regard. A true shot blocking big who is not a major vulnerability on the perimeter.

Yeah, he's practically Draymond on a lesser team

I apologies for now drowning myself in the Kool aid Ala all the other mouth breathers in this and other threads. I should just accept 4th place as the true world changing victory it is and fight over the cookie like the rest of you in the circle jerk. I truly apologizing for wanting a championship rather than a constant rebuild cycle. I will try harder to be a true jazz fans and practically ****** every time one of the major media outlets say we "might" be pretty good this year. I just didn't have my standards setting low enough to match the rest of the board and obviously it struck a nerve. I apologizing for bumping up against all of your delicate sensitivities and throw in an enthusiastic "yes we might!"

I apologies for now drowning myself in the Kool aid Ala all the other mouth breathers in this and other threads. I should just accept 4th place as the true world changing victory it is and fight over the cookie like the rest of you in the circle jerk. I truly apologizing for wanting a championship rather than a constant rebuild cycle. I will try harder to be a true jazz fans and practically ****** every time one of the major media outlets say we "might" be pretty good this year. I just didn't have my standards setting low enough to match the rest of the board and obviously it struck a nerve. I apologizing for bumping up against all of your delicate sensitivities and throw in an enthusiastic "yes we might!"

I have sinuses! I cannot help it!

I apologies for now drowning myself in the Kool aid Ala all the other mouth breathers in this and other threads. I should just accept 4th place as the true world changing victory it is

The idea of a 4th seed does not require Kool Aid, it is a pretty realistic possibility with this roster. If you don't think so, your drink might be spiked with barbiturates.

Pleas provide names of posters who expressed satisfaction with an "end-game" as 4th place? ................... (I hear crickets)

What I hear is excitement about progress towards longer-term goal of winning a title.

It seems to bother you that other people take pleasure at the notion of progress.

It would have been awesome to jump from lottery to title. It would also be cool to date Gisele. Some want to live in Disney World, others have more grounded and incremental goals.

I think the Jazz's best line-up is going to be...

Exum / Hood / Hayward / Lyles / Gobert

Plenty of defensive length and rebounding. Plenty of spacing and pressure on the rim offensively.

The idea of a 4th seed does not require Kool Aid, it is a pretty realistic possibility with this roster. If you don't think so, your drink might be spiked with barbiturates.

Pleas provide names of posters who expressed satisfaction with an "end-game" as 4th place? ................... (I hear crickets)

What I hear is excitement about progress towards longer-term goal of winning a title.

It seems to bother you that other people take pleasure at the notion of progress.

It would have been awesome to jump from lottery to title. It would also be cool to date Gisele. Some want to live in Disney World, others have more grounded and incremental goals.

If you want names just scan through this and countless other threads at the insults being thrown my way because I expressed an opinion I was less than satisfied with "ok" and wanted to see the jazz FO swing for the fences. In the wins prediction thread i said I would expect at least 45 wins this season, which is improvement, and wouldn't be surprised to see up to 47.of course that gets ignored in the name of trolling because no one can counter the core of my argument about this offseason which is that it really gets us no closer to a ring realistically and I'm tired of being stuck in the spin cycle. Apparently everyone who has the insecurity and feels the need to hurl invective, even in threads I haven't even posted in yet, are those fully satisfied with the "the media like us, they really really like us" ******** and it obviously sets them off when someone pisses reality in their cheerios that we all will not be any closer to the ring. I'm just getting sick of being trolled in every single thread because 1) I'm...along with franklin ....the only one being in the slightest realistic and 2) I am NOT satisfied with a first round exit. I want to see some real change but that is a real **** block for those jonsing to rim job the FO for bringing us some more role players that are probably better than the last role players. Obviously we have some VERY insecure posters here or they could discuss the issue without all the unwarranted trolling and insults.