What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Who was the dude who had an assault charge and then followed it up with getting a baby high or something? Wasn’t Ainge the first to go out and grab that guy?

Who was the dude who had an assault charge and then followed it up with getting a baby high or something? Wasn’t Ainge the first to go out and grab that guy?

You're thinking of Josh Jackson, whom many thought would be the best player in the 2017 draft. He was smoking pot in front of his infant child.

You're thinking of Josh Jackson, whom many thought would be the best player in the 2017 draft. He was smoking pot in front of his infant child.
Yeah. I had thought the Celtics grabbed him after that. I must be thinking of someone else. Maybe I'm thinking of Ainge being high on hi in the draft but he refused to workout for them or something. There was some controversial, off the court issue, where Ainge picked someone up.

Yeah. I had thought the Celtics grabbed him after that. I must be thinking of someone else. Maybe I'm thinking of Ainge being high on hi in the draft but he refused to workout for them or something. There was some controversial, off the court issue, where Ainge picked someone up.
Ainge was high on Winslow that draft (think they were the same draft)

Detroit picked up Josh Jackson. So did Memphis. He didn't stick. Ainge was looking into Jackson for the 2017 draft, but went with Tatum.

Really fascinated to see how the NBA responds to this.

Feel like OKC has to suspend him themselves outright. Age of consent in OK is 16, so he likely didn't get himself into legal issues (if she's 15 it might be a lifetime ban), but it's just such a bad look nationally.

337-131-27-72131531322-322

Victor 22 pts in 32 min. 7-13 FG, 1-2 3pt, 7-7 FT, 15 REB, 3 AST, 1 STL, 3 BLK, 2 TO

Gotta laugh at people doubting this dude.

Feel like OKC has to suspend him themselves outright. Age of consent in OK is 16, so he likely didn't get himself into legal issues (if she's 15 it might be a lifetime ban), but it's just such a bad look nationally.
Apparently it happened in California where the age of consent is 18, so that would make it a lot more problematic.

There is no basis for the nba or the thunder to suspend him with the age of consent being 16. The age of consent is also 16 in Australia.