What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

There is no basis for the nba or the thunder to suspend him with the age of consent being 16. The age of consent is also 16 in Australia.

Really? You think that’s the image the Thunder want to put out? It’s cool because the age of consent is 16? It’s disgusting.

337-131-27-72131531322-322

Victor 22 pts in 32 min. 7-13 FG, 1-2 3pt, 7-7 FT, 15 REB, 3 AST, 1 STL, 3 BLK, 2 TO

Gotta laugh at people doubting this dude.
Who are doubting him besides the obvious twitter minority that you can always find doubting anyone or anything?

I havent seen a single expert who doubts him, but I'm not looking through US media that much.

Wemby is unique. Anyone follow him a little bit can see that. He will be a future star no doubt if he stay healthy. Just wondering what the best usage for him.

Wemby is unique. Anyone follow him a little bit can see that. He will be a future star no doubt if he stay healthy. Just wondering what the best usage for him.
This is exactly what I have been thinking as well. There has to be a way for him to become "unstoppable" at least through scheme but so far they havent figured it out in SA.

He wants to play as a 3 level player and has specifically said he doesnt want to play center in the NBA. But his shooting is bad at this point at least and he has a lot of dribble turnovers (leads all other rookies by 16 and is 7th in the entire NBA with 52 total turnovers). His assist to TO ratio is also abysmal at 0.73 and 75% of his own buckets are actually assisted. So he isnt effective as a shooter or a playmaker for himself or for others at this point. Part of that is expected, as he is just learning what he can or cannot do in the NBA.

He needs to either find a way to reduce his negative plays in the perimeter and off the dribble or he needs to change his mindset and become more of an off ball player. I'm not sure which one is the better answer for him to become a winning player. I'm not sure even Wemby or Pops know it at this point. But I'm sure it will happen one way or another.

This is exactly what I have been thinking as well. There has to be a way for him to become "unstoppable" at least through scheme but so far they havent figured it out in SA.

He wants to play as a 3 level player and has specifically said he doesnt want to play center in the NBA. But his shooting is bad at this point at least and he has a lot of dribble turnovers (leads all other rookies by 16 and is 7th in the entire NBA with 52 total turnovers). His assist to TO ratio is also abysmal at 0.73 and 75% of his own buckets are actually assisted. So he isnt effective as a shooter or a playmaker for himself or for others at this point. Part of that is expected, as he is just learning what he can or cannot do in the NBA.

He needs to either find a way to reduce his negative plays in the perimeter and off the dribble or he needs to change his mindset and become more of an off ball player. I'm not sure which one is the better answer for him to become a winning player. I'm not sure even Wemby or Pops know it at this point. But I'm sure it will happen one way or another.
With Wemby's strengths and weaknesses, I see him as a high post hub type 5 on offense. He'll never be a "banger" down low, but he's a very talented passer and can see over the entire defense at 7'4''. Plus, he's so long that the FT line is almost floater range for him.

What he's not is an effective perimeter ballhandler or 3pt shooter. It's one of those things where he can kind of do it, but not well enough for it to make sense in the long run in the NBA. Everyone eventually gets figured out in the league and you have to start emphasizing your strengths, instead of letting teams exploit your weaknesses.

Last edited:
Really? You think that’s the image the Thunder want to put out? It’s cool because the age of consent is 16? It’s disgusting.
We live in a country where the law actually matters. If he hasn't broken the law in anyway then I don't see how the thunder or nba have any justification for suspending him.

As far as Giddens goes if he broke the law he needs to be punished if he didn't who cares.

I guess putting yourself on social media opens the door for criticism.

I still don't want him on the Jazz because he can't shoot and play defense.

I am sure if he was on the Jazz there are plenty of alternative communities in utah that would revere him.

Last edited:
Has anyone been paying attention to other teams' games to see if the refs' rule in our Lakers game that touching the ball before a player negates anything that comes after?

Udoka may be a ******* outside of basketball court but this guy surely can coach. Maybe sometimes it is OK to ignore some of the off court activities if the basketball talent is real. Just sayin

Udoka may be a ******* outside of basketball court but this guy surely can coach. Maybe sometimes it is OK to ignore some of the off court activities if the basketball talent is real. Just sayin
I mean there are levels. Udoka had an affair with a grown women. Giddey *might* be banging a 15 year old. I think you are smart enough to recognize the moral difference.