What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Who doesn't want him on the Jazz? I've never seen anyone even hint at this.
I brought it up a while back. Multiple posts followed saying that they wouldn't want to trade for him

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I brought it up a while back. Multiple posts followed saying that they wouldn't want to trade for him
There's a difference between not wanting to pay what it would take and not wanting Embiid on the team. But I do see we actually have one. I'm not crazy about trading for him either, but that's not because I wouldn't want him, I just think it would cost way too much given the risk.

Yeah, I'd love to have Embiid.

I just think the price is going to be astronomical and the Jazz arent in a great position to just add a star and be a top team. You're going to give up over half the assets you got in the Don/Rudy trade just to get Embiid. While I think a Sexton/Lauri/Embiid led team could be very good, who is the 4th/5th/6th guy on that team? The Jazz would likely have to give up at least one of Keyonte/Hendricks. If the Jazz wanted to go that route, they would have kept Simone. I dont think the star trade is quite on the table yet for the Jazz.

I just need a playoff run past the first round to put him in the top 10. Book/AD are proven. I'd understand having Edwards higher, but I dont feel the need to be early on it.

I think a true changing of the guard is on the horizon, but I need the new crop of guys to actually beat some dudes in the playoffs before they are top 10.

I just need a playoff run past the first round to put him in the top 10. Book/AD are proven. I'd understand having Edwards higher, but I dont feel the need to be early on it.

I think a true changing of the guard is on the horizon, but I need the new crop of guys to actually beat some dudes in the playoffs before they are top 10.

That’s fair. I’m just busing your balls. These “lists” are silly anyways.

There's a difference between not wanting to pay what it would take and not wanting Embiid on the team. But I do see we actually have one. I'm not crazy about trading for him either, but that's not because I wouldn't want him, I just think it would cost way too much given the risk.
Ya when I brought up Embiid I didn't even put any kind of trade proposal and was immediately met with posts talking about how he is too injury prone and old and hasn't ever won anything etc. So the complaints weren't cost related

Just like Luka is too whiny and too much of a ball hog.

Jazz fans will only settle for the perfect superstar apparently and at cheapest cost lol

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Its crazy that we might end up in a situation where any of Wests top 6 teams would be #2 in the East yet none of them would be within shouting distance from the Celtics.

Unheard of parity in one conference, and total dominance in the other.

Also the fact that 10th seed in west will have 45 or 46 wins is just bonkers (vs 36 or 37 in East).

Its crazy that we might end up in a situation where any of Wests top 6 teams would be #2 in the East yet none of them would be within shouting distance from the Celtics.

Unheard of parity in one conference, and total dominance in the other.

Also the fact that 10th seed in west will have 45 or 46 wins is just bonkers (vs 36 or 37 in East).
The east had/has a lot of parity, they just had a lot more injuries compared to the West

Why are there no NBA games today?

Usually it's because of another big event, but I can't think of what that would be. I'm guessing it's do everyone plays their last game on the same day?

Why are there no NBA games today?

Usually it's because of another big event, but I can't think of what that would be. I'm guessing it's do everyone plays their last game on the same day?

The league has aligned everyone's last game to reduce the likelihood that teams will be given an advantage in their last-minute attempt to manipulate the seeding.

Cavs sitting Mitchell and Garland just booted them into the Boston side of the bracket.

Oof.
They get homecourt versus Orlando. They have to avoid the first round exit so it’s ideal. Would be bounced by whoever they play in the second round. If it’s Boston it gives them the “well at least you lost to the best team” kind of excuse. Not ideal for us to get the trade demand from Donny.

So the league can still get both LA and GS in the playoffs the way the playin lined up. Look for some seriously skewed officiating.

They get homecourt versus Orlando. They have to avoid the first round exit so it’s ideal. Would be bounced by whoever they play in the second round. If it’s Boston it gives them the “well at least you lost to the best team” kind of excuse. Not ideal for us to get the trade demand from Donny.
lol, getting boinked by Boston in Round 2 isn't gonna make Don want to stay.