What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

I’m not sure I’ve ever see opinion flip so hard on a trade in my entire life. From “one of the worst trades of all time” to “the Wolves may win the Finals for the first time, Ainge got fleeced”.

They’re right. I think in hindsight all of us are starting to think that Donovan alone should have been the one traded. Rudy’s reputation got smeared for trash defence from his supporting cast. The zeal for picks sent our best PG and our best defending PG to Minnesota. The playoff losses made us not realize how successful a Rudy team could be. Minnesota saw it, and right now they present the only threat in the playoffs to the Denver Nuggets. Personally I have them as getting to the Finals from the West. We will see what happens in the East.

- George
I agree. I could understand the Rudy trade but never understood the Mike/NAW one. First Mike was playing awesome before DA trade him. There was some real chemistry in the team ( cf what Lauri and Colin say ) and they break it. Second NAW was already improving a lot and could have been an important player for us.
Finch praised almost every game how important Rudy and Mike are and help ANT development. I'm happy for them and hope they can get a ring this year or next year.

Second NAW was already improving a lot and could have been an important player for us.

I don't believe NAW would have blossomed for us as he has done for MN.
Our Jazz team we traded him from lacked the defensive raspy edge & swagger that MN's D has become. And it seemed Hardy regarded him as a trade throw-in without giving him serious consideration.
So yeah Jazz brain trust wiffed on him and it may have been a nice stroke of luck for both NAW & MN.
Too bad we didn't extract any value in return.

Kinda wild to think that just a few years ago Phx had great depth at the wings. Bridges and Cam Johnson were awesome defenders. So which team does KD go to to ruin next? Dallas? Sacramento? Philly?
Well one thing we can say for certain is that if he isn't jumping on the bandwagon of an already elite team mentioned among the greatest the league has ever known, he's likely to do Jack **** wherever he goes.

I don't believe NAW would have blossomed for us as he has done for MN.
Our Jazz team we traded him from lacked the defensive raspy edge & swagger that MN's D has become. And it seemed Hardy regarded him as a trade throw-in without giving him serious consideration.
So yeah Jazz brain trust wiffed on him and it may have been a nice stroke of luck for both NAW & MN.
Too bad we didn't extract any value in return.
He was already blossoming when given minutes but Hardy's dumbass didn't like him. The fact that this board gives Hardy the ultimate free pass is crazy to me. He was doing the same thing with Sexton but unfortunately for Hardy once injuries forced Sexton into the starting lineup he played too well for Hardy to bring him off the bench again but he still went out of his way to limit his minutes.

This year when THT, Yurt7 and Luka got minutes the last four or so games the Jazz were competitive and these three produced. Hardy is a stable genius.

This year when THT, Yurt7 and Luka got minutes the last four or so games the Jazz were competitive and these three produced. Hardy is a stable genius.
Of course they did: these were the very last games of the year and the opponents rested their best players and played their benches against the Jazz. Same as the season before when Agbaji, Samanic and Dunn were shining bright during the last meaningless games.

Brunson sure does have a knack for making tough shots

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

It's hard to like Brunson as I still hold a grudge for some reason after what he did to us in the playoffs but man, he's pretty good.

10 min to go in the game Clips are shooting 67% from 3 vs 26% for Dallas with Doncic 0/7.

I'd guess Pushoff P has made a special project of guarding him this game.