What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Banchero is a top 5 potential player for people who love scorers/"hooper's hoopers"

He just isn't that great overall and I don't think he ever will be. Top 20 at his peak type player.

Banchero is only 21 and already does more than just score. He has an assist% of 25.4% which is pretty good and he's at least average defensively. He needs to learn how to take more efficient shots, which is a fair criticism, but he's also leading his young team to playoff wins despite their deficiencies. Guys who do what he's doing in their 2nd year are pretty rare.

He's so young in his career it's pretty easy for me to see him figuring some things out and getting in to a top 5 discussion. Now that's really hard to do, so peaking as a top 20 player is still probably more likely, but I disagree that he's just a scorer/hooper.

If you’re gonna take a spinning, contested fadeaway anyways…..please involve Mitchell or Garland in one defensive action first. It didn’t matter if I was playing defense, they were going at Mobley and Mobley only. Incredible.
So much this.

I don’t know why Orlando isn’t hunting Mitchell like teams used to go at Kanter or Boozer mercilessly.

Man, a lot of criticism of Orlando and Banchero, but I thought they played great. The Magic lost by one point on the road and Banchero (whos only 21 years old) had 39 pts on 58/57/88 shooting splits. Tough crowd.
I was thinking the same thing

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Banchero is only 21 and already does more than just score. He has an assist% of 25.4% which is pretty good and he's at least average defensively. He needs to learn how to take more efficient shots, which is a fair criticism, but he's also leading his young team to playoff wins despite their deficiencies. Guys who do what he's doing in their 2nd year are pretty rare.

He's so young in his career it's pretty easy for me to see him figuring some things out and getting in to a top 5 discussion. Now that's really hard to do, so peaking as a top 20 player is still probably more likely, but I disagree that he's just a scorer/hooper

Hell I'm 41 and I barely do my own washing and dishes....

Thank **** I'm rich enough to employ a maid.

If you’re gonna take a spinning, contested fadeaway anyways…..please involve Mitchell or Garland in one defensive action first. It didn’t matter if I was playing defense, they were going at Mobley and Mobley only. Incredible.
I believe Marcus Morris was also on the court. They decide to play the game on the hardest mode possible for no real reason. Even if the trap when Don and Garland are involved those wrinkles could provide some advantage as the defense shifts right? Nah iso at Mobley LFG!!!

I believe Marcus Morris was also on the court. They decide to play the game on the hardest mode possible for no real reason. Even if the trap when Don and Garland are involved those wrinkles could provide some advantage as the defense shifts right? Nah iso at Mobley LFG!!!

I also noticed that the only real "actions" they ran were when Suggs decided to run into the lane as Paulo was starting to drive. I guess Ant Black taught him that move from the Arkansas days. They're young and will get better, but damn they had no clue what they were doing.

I also noticed that the only real "actions" they ran were when Suggs decided to run into the lane as Paulo was starting to drive. I guess Ant Black taught him that move from the Arkansas days. They're young and will get better, but damn they had no clue what they were doing.
I think Franz ran two pick actions that were okay... on one Paolo got an open three. On the other he elected not to pass and to try to score through a double team and Mobley blocked the layup... but it was a layup attempt. Franz also had two weird attempts... one where he elected a one foot moving floater thingy and the layup attempt where he goes behind the back and really had the whole right side and went into the middle to make it harder.

Clearly the youth was showing and they gave away a gift. Curious to see how they respond but think they lost the series last night.

How difficult would it be to add Terrence Mann to our roster? Seems like a guy every team could benefit from but is almost always overlooked.

Clippers down 32 at home to Dallas?

Yeah, time to blow that team up. Nice concept but Kawhi is never healthy when it counts and George is no spring chicken.

Can Dallas beat OKC?

Dallas looks like they might be stealing this series with a 80% version of Luka. Not sure if its an indictment of the Clippers or a statement about the Mavs.

However for game 5., Zubac being the leading scorer for the Clippers at 15 points on 8 FGA and 1 FTA in a home playoff game..... yikes.

Hardens phlegmatic style and body language combined with his tendency to slowly bring the ball up and dribble the game clock down to 10 seconds before running first action are probably the biggest reasons why he keeps falling flat in the playoffs. The latter can be so detrimental to your team if your first action keeps failing constantly.

Clippers didnt get any easy looks in game 5 yet they never really sped up their game to break the structure of Mavs defense or to allow for more actions. Harden made sure the pace stayed lethargic, even when they were down 20.

Hardens phlegmatic style and body language combined with his tendency to slowly bring the ball up and dribble the game clock down to 10 seconds before running first action are probably the biggest reasons why he keeps falling flat in the playoffs. The latter can be so detrimental to your team if your first action keeps failing constantly.

Clippers didnt get any easy looks in game 5 yet they never really sped up their game to break the structure of Mavs defense or to allow for more actions. Harden made sure the pace stayed lethargic, even when they were down 20.
Had to Google that one. Sounded like Harden had a cold or something