What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Doncic playing defence is a top 3 player in this league.

So basically Dallas has 2, top 10 players in the lineup.

OKC better be scared.

Even though I'd love to see DM and the Cavs flame out and get us lined up for some high draft picks, I'd rather see them take out the Celtics. I'm not expecting it the same way I didn't expect the Heat to make it a real series after they won their game 2 but I can't stand the Celtics and Lakers and all their sycophants in the media.

I called out Celtics after their game 1 rout of the Cavs and seems like reality caught up to them. They have been playing entitled mid-effort ball in this series and look like they are still stuck in regular season gear. They are supposed to be this great defensive team but I dont see them rotating or closing out on the perimeter with any urgency. Its not like their paint defense is ever gonna be that great without Porzingis.

Fun fact about this matchup:
There are only two players taller than 6'9 who have stepped on the court in the series outside of garbage mintues. Those are Mobley and Kornet.

I wonder how those teams would fair against Minny's size....

I'm so glad we didn't go down the Jrue Holiday route. Talk about being stuck in no man's land if we make that trade. Particularly with Sexton heading out to help match salaries.

Good news is any trade value Giddey had he is tanking it hard right now.

Giddey needs the ball to have an effect, he can't have the ball because Shai and Jalen are so much better. Seems like the Thunder did a terrible job of drafting Jalen and not factoring in Giddey....oh wait.

CLE might be onto something if Allen comes back. BOS is playing extremely soft. Allen's inside presence could really present a problem. It's funny, I keep telling people that the Jazz are not at a point where they need to worry about how they're matching up with the Celtics in the finals...and here we are now. CLE with two tiny guards might give them a run for their money.

I also think Jrue might be a bit of an issue for BOS. He has always been terrible in the playoffs on offense. They don't have a ton of depth especially with Porzingis out. Unless Jrue steps it up they will have to play 4v5 on offense or go to Pritchard/Hauser instead.