What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Giddey needs the ball to have an effect, he can't have the ball because Shai and Jalen are so much better. Seems like the Thunder did a terrible job of drafting Jalen and not factoring in Giddey....oh wait.

CLE might be onto something if Allen comes back. BOS is playing extremely soft. Allen's inside presence could really present a problem. It's funny, I keep telling people that the Jazz are not at a point where they need to worry about how they're matching up with the Celtics in the finals...and here we are now. CLE with two tiny guards might give them a run for their money.

I also think Jrue might be a bit of an issue for BOS. He has always been terrible in the playoffs on offense. They don't have a ton of depth especially with Porzingis out. Unless Jrue steps it up they will have to play 4v5 on offense or go to Pritchard/Hauser instead.
Mobley leveling up is kinda worst case scenario for a potential Cleveland Don exit. Boston will be fine though. At least in this series.

They were talking about some crazy Celtics stats during the broadcast. Wish I could remember them. Mostly about how many games they won by 20 and 30 and even 50 points this season. Basically how dominant they have been (and it continued through the playoffs until last game)

Now it seems like the narrative is that they aren't really very good. Interesting.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Boston was the best team this regular season by a country mile. They lost last night because their 3-point game, their biggest strength, was ice cold (3P% 22.9) whereas Cleveland was hot from the 3-point line (3P% 46.4). Simple as that.
It's not really that simple. Boston is known for blowing games like this. There's more to it than just hit/cold.

It's not really that simple. Boston is known for blowing games like this. There's more to it than just hit/cold.
It’s a big part of it but Boston is also a little wishy washy with their effort at times. Heat got them last series on a similar shooting night.

It'll be interesting to see how the Celtics respond. They should be blowing the Cavs out, but they just don't have that killer instinct. I bet they get back on track but lose a,game in the ECF exactly the same way. They're lucky to be in the East. Coast like they do in the West and it would be a first round exit.

With the Celtics I do get the sense that they don't have like a killer. I don't think they have dudes that shrink either. I just think the style of play they turn a 5 game series into a 6 game series. And you contrast that with Minny who seems to have no chill and Ant is a stone cold killer... and they turn a 5 game series into a sweep.

Celtics take a few nights in chill mode every series it seems. Sometimes they still win. Cavs played well and shot the ball well. Lets see if they can do it again.

The thing that make's this Celtics loss a little bit more worrying is that CLE also shot 60% from 2. The Heat only shot 44% from 2FG in their win against BOS. MIA also had a way higher proportion of their shots from 3....they were really carried by hot shooting. While the Cavs had good shooting, they only took 28 attempts and really dominated inside the paint. If Allen and Porzingis both return I still think the Cavs might have a big advantage there. Celtics better hit their shots going forward.

They were talking about some crazy Celtics stats during the broadcast. Wish I could remember them. Mostly about how many games they won by 20 and 30 and even 50 points this season. Basically how dominant they have been (and it continued through the playoffs until last game)

Now it seems like the narrative is that they aren't really very good. Interesting.

Narratives turn on a dime. Eventually (or maybe not) people will wise up to the fact of how much league perception is dictated by a survival bias (link), because such a significant amount of player personnel moves and franchise directions get shaped and enacted by this hyper-fluid misrepresentation.

Dang Burks is coming through for the Knicks so far. Arguably their best player that half

I think that's a bad challenge by thibs. Looked to be out on brunson and the pacers dude was hurt. Now they probably lose the challenge and allow the dude to recover

I think that's a bad challenge by thibs. Looked to be out on brunson and the pacers dude was hurt. Now they probably lose the challenge and allow the dude to recover

Nailed it.
Now they only have 1 timeout in a close game. They might need that (or need the challenge)

Josh Hart has 17 rebounds lol