What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Remember when we had that? Of course, our guys couldn’t shoot well except for Hayward.
Gasol beat us because Gasol was better than Boozer/Okur (and you know, having ****ing Kobe). IF Gasol somehow shrunk to 6'8, he'd still be better than those players.

It's not about size/athleticism, it's about who is better. Yes, size/athleticism contributes to that, but it's not black/white that you just get more size/athletic and you're automatically better.
No, I doubt Gasol would be the clear cut winner of that matchup had he been 6'8. He was better than Booz but size disparity has a lot to do with that.

Of course it's not black and white if you are comparing the two players with relatively the same size and physical profile, then the player with better skill would be the better player overall. Or if you are just in a different league when it comes to basketball skill it might make up for your lack of size and athleticism. But overall as a team you simply need enough size and athleticism on the floor for championship contention. Like Raptors made up for their undersized backcourt of Lowry/Vanvleet with Kawhi/Siakam/Gasol. You can't win with more than 3 undersized non athletes.

Gasol beat us because Gasol was better than Boozer/Okur (and you know, having ****ing Kobe). IF Gasol somehow shrunk to 6'8, he'd still be better than those players.

It's not about size/athleticism, it's about who is better. Yes, size/athleticism contributes to that, but it's not black/white that you just get more size/athletic and you're automatically better.
This is true. Size and athleticism has the effect of amplifying skill. So take a guy that is 6'2" with high skill level going up against a guy at 6'6" with even just 80% of the first guy's skill, the 6'6" guy has a significant advantage. The shorter guy will get the upper hand some of the time, but he taller guy will have a bigger impact in the long run, head to head. The wider the skill disparity the more the shorter player has the advantage (athleticism at least being equal).

The Knicks were up 92-77 on the Blazers in the 3rd, and proceeded to get outscored 35-11 in the 4th to lose the game by 9.

An 11 point quarter:

charlie-murphy-laugh.gif

So Jalen Smith, whom the Suns just traded for another stint of Torrey Craig, just put up 17/12 with a block in 26 mins for the Pacers. Not sure why the Suns didn't pick up Jalen Smith's option, but it seems short-sighted.

So Jalen Smith, whom the Suns just traded for another stint of Torrey Craig, just put up 17/12 with a block in 26 mins for the Pacers. Not sure why the Suns didn't pick up Jalen Smith's option, but it seems short-sighted.
Shows you how different it is getting minutes and performing on a playoff team vs a team that has no pressure to perform.

Suns also didnt want to pay him. At least they are smarter than the Jazz who will pickup a dude's option then use a 2nd rounder to get off his contract the next year.

Yes, let's insult someone's wife for being bias towards her husband.

Y'all being herbs on this.
Naw, she's been unlikable and stupid in everything I've ever seen her do. I dislike her independently and in tandem to how much I dislike Hayward.

If she doesn't watch at least 7hrs of various Real Housewives shows every week I'd eat my hat.

And who lost again, this time to the Thunder?

You guessed it, Frank Stallone.

(and the sorry *** Knicks)

If you look at the list of the things that the Jazz currently lack on this roster, secondary rim protection, ability to disrupt the passing lane and get deflections, switch to guard multiple positions.

And you combine all these attributes into one player, you get...

Jae Crowder

If you look at the list of the things that the Jazz currently lack on this roster, secondary rim protection, ability to disrupt the passing lane and get deflections, switch to guard multiple positions.

And you combine all these attributes into one player, you get...

Jae Crowder
Jae Crowder protects the rim?