What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

I just hope we actually get a nailbiter for game 7. Half the games so far have been blowouts, and only game one had some real intrigue in the final couple minutes.

I've liked this series, but the 5 game Lakers series had a lot more spice
Yeah I wouldn't go that far

Proposed from some Bleacher Report writer as a draft day trade. They had Holland at #10 and Castle at #12. Would you?

Utah Jazz receive: Josh Giddey, Ousmane Dieng, No. 12 pick, 2025 first-round pick (their own), 2025 first-round pick (lottery-protected, via MIA), 2028 first-round pick swap (via DAL) and 2029 first-round pick swap
Oklahoma City Thunder receive: Lauri Markkanen

I'm not a Giddy fan, so him being the headliner of that package isn't good enough for me. I do think Dieng has some potential. They would obviously need to include some better draft capital.

I'm not a Giddy fan, so him being the headliner of that package isn't good enough for me. I do think Dieng has some potential. They would obviously need to include some better draft capital.
The clips picks at a minimum need to be involved. I’d also need to see what we could get for Giddy. Not super interested in him.

Giddeya value has dropped a decent amount. He isn't a blue chip rookie contract guy.

Apparently the Wolves think Mike Conley is good at basketball and important to their team:

Been saying this. It was a big mistake to give them Conley.

Twolves fans here seem to think it’s ’no Big deal’.

Go figure.

Been saying this. It was a big mistake to give them Conley.

Twolves fans here seem to think it’s ’no Big deal’.

Go figure.
Couldn't you argue the Wolves going further in the post season the year prior to owing the Jazz a pick is a positive?

Teams who win rings have a shorter off-season, are less hungry in the regular season, and have a higher chance at getting a serious injury

Also Draymond yapping about the series being over because the Wolves don't believe they can win and then Game 6 happening is hilarious.

Also saw Knicks fans hate Draymond too after he has been calling them a fluke all year and he ducked an interview he scheduled with a Knicks fan podcast.

Also Draymond yapping about the series being over because the Wolves don't believe they can win and then Game 6 happening is hilarious.

Also saw Knicks fans hate Draymond too after he has been calling them a fluke all year and he ducked an interview he scheduled with a Knicks fan podcast.
To be fair, I think every fanbase besides GS hates Draymond.

I hate him on Inside the NBA, bringing in a second fragile ego who feels the need to lash out at players would be annoying. At least Shaq can be funny.

Couldn't you argue the Wolves going further in the post season the year prior to owing the Jazz a pick is a positive?

Teams who win rings have a shorter off-season, are less hungry in the regular season, and have a higher chance at getting a serious injury
What if it kick starts a dynasty?

Remember the coin toss we lost that gave Golden States the pick that led to them getting Barnes that led to the start of their Chip that started the dynasty?

No, when the man/dog is down, you keep him/it down.

I honestly think the twolves are the better team than the nuggets. But the nuggets have the best player in the series, have the most experience at this level and have home court.

I'm taking the nuggets in game 7 but I think it all comes down to Jamaal Murray. He is the X-factor. I think he has proven enough in the playoffs in the past for me to believe in him in a game 7. If he plays good then the nuggets win. If he plays bad then the twolves win. If he plays average then we all win because then it comes down to crunch time.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

What if it kick starts a dynasty?

Remember the coin toss we lost that gave Golden States the pick that led to them getting Barnes that led to the start of their Chip that started the dynasty?

No, when the man/dog is down, you keep him/it down.
Why you hating on furries?

Well said.

Also the stats actually say this:
He took 440 three point shots in the season of which:
  • Only 4 (<1%) where very tightly contested (0-2 ft of separation)
  • 59 (13.4%) were tightly contensted (2-4 ft)
  • 199 (45.2%) were open (4-6 ft)
  • 170 (38.6%) were wide open (6+ ft)
So a total 83.8% of his shots were either open or wide open. People labeling him as a chucker are just complete frauds as basketball analysts. If you are the supposed the future lead guard who then doesnt take open shots the criticism would actually be more warranted.

His decission making on shooting is such a non-issue that its ridiculous to even talk about it. On passing he definitely had many moments where the decission making failed. But for shooting the only problem really was that he just didnt hit enough shots... but seeing he is a rookie who still needs a lot of work on his upper body strenght, its nothing we should worry about yet.

PS:
Dont ask where 8 shots have disappeared from his total of 440 (which is why the percentages or splits dont add up).... but those numbers are taken from NBA.com stats.

Eh...not necessarily saying Key is a chucker, but the reason why he shoots so many "open" shots is because shots around the basket are way more likely to be "contested" by these definitions and the reverse is true for 3/long jumper being "open". This is moreso a reflection of his shot distribution rather than shot quality/decision making.

Regardless, I think "chucker" is more about an efficiency/volume equation and Key is definitely a high volume, low efficiency player. Like most rookies, he was just a very bad player. He showed promise but he certainly wasn't good outside of the rookie context.

Last edited:
I think "chucker" is more about an efficiency/volume equation

This.
I think of a chucker as someone who shoots a ton and misses a lot more than they make

I honestly think the twolves are the better team than the nuggets. But the nuggets have the best player in the series, have the most experience at this level and have home court.

I'm taking the nuggets in game 7 but I think it all comes down to Jamaal Murray. He is the X-factor. I think he has proven enough in the playoffs in the past for me to believe in him in a game 7. If he plays good then the nuggets win. If he plays bad then the twolves win. If he plays average then we all win because then it comes down to crunch time.

I hate the Timberwolves but they have the better team than the Nuggets. I’m not very confident either way in Game 7. Feels like Denver has had to play perfect to win the games they have.

Oh Donny you kidder you.
We've seen you play this card before

Ehh, I might believe him. There just aren't a lot of great landing spots for him with Brunson taking over NYC. Does he really want to go to Brooklyn and be the afterthought team in New York? He's probably going to get a lot of input on Cleveland FO moves and who gets hired as the HC