What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Lonzo says he is healthy enough to play.

I think I could see a scenario where the Bulls lose Patrick Williams to a crazy offer sheet (maybe from Detroit?) and they reach out for a Lonzo/Collins swap.
Lonzo is the ultimate stealth tank or look like a genius move… him or Simmons I guess but I like Lonzo a lot more. If they play maybe you have something… if not it supports the tank and clears cap space. Collins fits Chicago as good as any place so I could see them interested.

I’m out on Williams. Just doesn’t seem to have the motor or attitude for his ideal role. Not skilled enough for the player he wants to be. They are in a weird spot. I wouldn’t want to pay him but losing him for nothing would suck.

Even if Lonzo is good he can support the tank by getting managed at the right times. If he is somewhat healthy he’s the type of guy that helps others shine. Even if he hit FA he wouldn’t get a big offer so we’d likely be able to keep him at an okay price. I think he’s cooked… I hope not but I’m not sure how often guys come all the way back from this.

Lonzo is the ultimate stealth tank or look like a genius move… him or Simmons I guess but I like Lonzo a lot more. If they play maybe you have something… if not it supports the tank and clears cap space. Collins fits Chicago as good as any place so I could see them interested.

I’m out on Williams. Just doesn’t seem to have the motor or attitude for his ideal role. Not skilled enough for the player he wants to be. They are in a weird spot. I wouldn’t want to pay him but losing him for nothing would suck.
I'd be more in on him if the Jazz didnt have Hendricks. I think he can play the McDaniels role on a playoff team.

Even if Lonzo is good he can support the tank by getting managed at the right times. If he is somewhat healthy he’s the type of guy that helps others shine. Even if he hit FA he wouldn’t get a big offer so we’d likely be able to keep him at an okay price. I think he’s cooked… I hope not but I’m not sure how often guys come all the way back from this.
His worst-case-scenario is better than Collins' best-case-scenario. It's a no brainer. But there have been a lot of no brainers that have been missed in recent history.

Collins would only make sense for CHI if they lose Pat/Shed salary otherwise. Resigning Derozan+Pat will put them right up against the tax. Even if Pat is gone, I don't think they trade for Collins.

Clarkson for Lonzo, however, does make sense for them salary wise.

Collins would only make sense for CHI if they lose Pat/Shed salary otherwise. Resigning Derozan+Pat will put them right up against the tax. Even if Pat is gone, I don't think they trade for Collins.

Yeah, we said if they lose Pat...

Clarkson for Lonzo makes more sense if they keep Pat and just want to cut salary.

Its much more likely if Pat walks and they might even use it as the justification to let Pat walk if they are afraid to pay him. Could also add Carter to help the salary.

JC for Lonzo makes sense too for salary but not necessarily for roster depending on what they do with Lavine.

We will have around 37.5M in salary cap space. Assuming 17-17.5M of that goes towards a Lauri R&E we could sign someone to a 20M/yr contract or a couple for 10M/yr, etc. I think I’d be extra active in the trade market taking salary from teams looking to shed it for asset(s).

We will have around 37.5M in salary cap space. Assuming 17-17.5M of that goes towards a Lauri R&E we could sign someone to a 20M/yr contract or a couple for 10M/yr, etc. I think I’d be extra active in the trade market taking salary from teams looking to shed it for asset(s).
Wait are you going team tank now? That's some Presti level cap management.

I also dont think the Jazz want to dump Clarkson for just an expiring. Given his excellent home game play last year, I'm sure they think he can recoup his value this season with a permanent bench role.

I also dont think the Jazz want to dump Clarkson for just an expiring. Given his excellent home game play last year, I'm sure they think he can recoup his value this season with a permanent bench role.
That along with he lower salary I’m confident they can get positive value for him.

After more thought….Collins could make sense to the Bulls. It’s too bad he had a catastrophic start to the season. If he starts next season the way he ended this season there could be some interest. His raw numbers were actually fantastic in 2024.

I wonder if we could work a sign and trade with CHI. Williams + Lonzo for Collins and stuff.

This Celtics vs pacers series just doesn't do much for me. I just get a meh feeling as I watch it.
Not sure why

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk