What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Keep in mind that refs are 99.99% looking for a reason to uphold the call during a challenge.
So much this… it’s like asking me or my wife who was right directly after a fight… even if I’m being a stupid ******* I will stretch to figure out why I’m right to be a stupid *******.

As we watch this dumpster fire called the Lakers, let's all take a moment and remember that Karl Malone and John Stockton were 38 and 39 the year they dragged Bryon Russell, Donyell Marshall as well as taxidermied corpses of Danny Manning, John Starks and Olden Polynice to 53 wins and the 5th best record in the NBA.

The curry one didn't look like anything more than unfortunate to me. The Klay one was an attempt to kick him to stop the shot, no doubt.
I don't see anything in either play that was intentionally dangerous.

Smart dove for a loose ball when Curry tried to bend down to pick it up. Smart came from the side and not directly from behind and through the player. Injuries happen unfortunately but this was just a hustle play.

As for Klay, Smart was doing a fly by and stuck his foot out. Clear foul, but he actually puts himself in more danger there than Klay because he's actually taking his own potential plant foot away by kicking out. Unless he kicked Klay in the face, I don't see anything major there.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
This could keep Steph out until the playoffs. Jazz and Mavs are just 3 games behind the Warriors. If he's not back for the first round, they could very well get beat.

Last edited:
This could keep Steph out until the playoffs. Jazz and Mavs are just 3 games behind the Warriors.

At least it wasn't a tear. Hate to see anyone go down like that. Sucks. Hope he is back sooner rather than later.

Hard to say the dive was dirty when Smart got the ball pretty cleanly before making contact. Smart just got insane reaction time and is willing to dive at any moment.

If the Jazz can get to 53 wins and beat Golden State in their next matchup, the Jazz could catch the Ws for the 3rd seed. It means that the Jazz would have to finish 10-3 though.

Warriors have some tough games: @MIA, @ATL, @MEM, PHX, UTA, SAN twice, @NOL. Without Steph and with Draymond on a mins restriction, I could see them finishing 6-6 to end up at 53 wins. Maybe they come in a win or two below that.

Jazz can maybe lose @BRK, @BOS and @DAL. They'd have to win everything else, including LAC twice, NYK, MEM, LAL, @GSW and PHX. By the 2nd to last game of the season, PHX has nothing to play for and should rest their key players.

Uhh, you do realize on March 20th you are playing the Knicks. The Knicks have won four of their last six and are on a one game winning streak after last night's humiliation of Portland. We are the hottest team in b-ball right now. Chalk that game up as a loss for Jazz.

Given the current state of the NBA standings and the renewed possibility that the Jazz can catch the Warriors for the 3rd seed, the Jazz have decided that they will go ahead and win their game against the Knicks.

Sorry.

The Nuggets are expecting to get Jamal Murray and MPJ back before the end of the season, possibly within the next 10 days. Should be interesting.

The Nuggets are expecting to get Jamal Murray and MPJ back before the end of the season, possibly within the next 10 days. Should be interesting.
Dont want to play them then. Give me a curry-less warriors or the mavs please

Mavs, Nuggets and Grizzlies all lost tonight.
And curry is hurt. And Jazz are healthy (the guys sitting could play im pretty sure other than maybe house) and possibly peaking right now. kumbaya

How in the Frick did the Lakers possibly win tonight they were down three with 25 seconds to go. Lebron jacks up a three that misses, Westbrook gets the rebound with nobody on him and instead of taking the chippy, dribbles out to the three point line to cast off a three that careens off the side of the backboard. I turned it off with Toronto going to the free throw line up three with 10 seconds to play. Had to be a miracle finish.

PS OK, apparently not a shooting foul.

Last edited:
Giannis sits tonight and Minnesota beats the Bucks. We definitely need Minnesota to lose some games during this tough stretch they have right now. I'd love to be locked in to a top 6 seed sooner than later.