What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Do they own their pick this year or does it go to NOP?

Goes to NOLA (1-10) or Memphis (11-30).

Nothing better than to see them in the "lotttery" and all they are doing is learning who they give their pick to.

Best case scenario is they end up like #12, then they actually WIN the lottery and get the #1 pick which they have to give away!!

Didn't know where to put this but today I saw the coolest (almost) dunk I have ever seen (sorry I cant find it again so I dont have the link)
Dude threw the ball up high and let it bounce, then caught it while he was up in the air and threw it down at the ground again, the ball bounced up to the dude who was still in the air and he nearly dunked it. After watching how close the dude was to actually completing the dunk I think it can be done. It was awesome.

I don't think I've ever seen a player miss two shots in a row this badly.

Anybody watch the Boston/Dallas game yesterday? Just like our game with the Spurs on Friday, the outcome hung on a last minute three shot foul called on Luka. The difference was that Jason Kidd had the gumption to challenge it.

Am I the only one that when I look at Snyder in the closing minutes of tight games sees a guy with gears jammed in total gridlock?

I don't think I've ever seen a player miss two shots in a row this badly.

He needs a sports’ psychologist. Like KLove and others (Marty Fish) have talked about, the pressure is great and it can be difficult to keep the mind quiet. He’s got the yips. This is just the latest example in the NBA with the Ben Simmons and Markell Fultz thing before that. Gotta be hard to play in Philly and in Lebron’s shadow.

Last edited:
Anybody watch the Boston/Dallas game yesterday? Just like our game with the Spurs on Friday, the outcome hung on a last minute three shot foul called on Luka. The difference was that Jason Kidd had the gumption to challenge it.

Am I the only one that when I look at Snyder in the closing minutes of tight games sees a guy with gears jammed in total gridlock?
Sometimes I really do wonder if there is some under-the-table or gentlemen's agreement that coaches will only use the challenge in certain circumstance or certain times or whatever. Maybe to help the league save face, or some agreement that the challenge was enacted with the understanding that they won't use it every game or won't use it very often in ways that make the league or the officiating look bad. Otherwise, this will be one of the biggest mysteries surrounding Quin...why does not not use his challenges, especially considering how many close games we have lost with nary a challenge used. Hell sometimes even using it to challenge a call of possession could change the course of the game. But Quin uses them as if he had only so many to use in a season and if he burns through them all early in the season, he will run out. Could it be a management decision? I don't get his reluctance to make that call. Does he just not want to appear to be wrong or complaining or something? He famously doesn't get techs berating the refs to defend his team. Maybe he is just averse to feeling rejected or wrong or whatever enough that he does not make the call. I think it is a wasted opportunity, but who knows what is going on behind the scenes.

Actually the difference is that Quin would have lost that challenge as House clearly touched Vassel on the arm.

He needs a sports’ psychologist. Like KLove and others (Marty Fish) have talked about, the pressure is great and it can be difficult to keep the mind quiet. He’s got the tips. This is just the latest example in the NBA with the Ben Simmons and Markell Fultz thing before that. Gotta be hard to play in Philly and in Lebron’s shadow.
It must be cold there in the shadow. To never have sunlight on his face. He is content to let him shine. That’s his way. He always walks a step behind. LeBron is the one with all the glory, while Russ is the one with all the strength. A beautiful face without a name for so long. A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Sometimes I really do wonder if there is some under-the-table or gentlemen's agreement that coaches will only use the challenge in certain circumstance or certain times or whatever. Maybe to help the league save face, or some agreement that the challenge was enacted with the understanding that they won't use it every game or won't use it very often in ways that make the league or the officiating look bad. Otherwise, this will be one of the biggest mysteries surrounding Quin...why does not not use his challenges, especially considering how many close games we have lost with nary a challenge used. Hell sometimes even using it to challenge a call of possession could change the course of the game. But Quin uses them as if he had only so many to use in a season and if he burns through them all early in the season, he will run out. Could it be a management decision? I don't get his reluctance to make that call. Does he just not want to appear to be wrong or complaining or something? He famously doesn't get techs berating the refs to defend his team. Maybe he is just averse to feeling rejected or wrong or whatever enough that he does not make the call. I think it is a wasted opportunity, but who knows what is going on behind the scenes.
Excellent analysis - not so sure about the under the table agreements though. To me it just seems that Snyder doesn’t respond well to stress.

Didn't know where to put this but today I saw the coolest (almost) dunk I have ever seen (sorry I cant find it again so I dont have the link)
Dude threw the ball up high and let it bounce, then caught it while he was up in the air and threw it down at the ground again, the ball bounced up to the dude who was still in the air and he nearly dunked it. After watching how close the dude was to actually completing the dunk I think it can be done. It was awesome.
So, you saw a video of a failed dunk? I mean, cool. I should post a video of myself almost making a shot bouncing it off my wife's butt, I bet that would get 1000000 views.

Actually the difference is that Quin would have lost that challenge as House clearly touched Vassel on the arm.
Disagree. No contact