What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Anyone follow the first Sixers game with Harden?

I really think he found home this time. His and Embiid’s two-man game is already elite. I think they make the finals.

Offensively, Harden on the Sixers has been ridiculous. Between Harden, Embiid and Maxey, someone is always open. I've been watching Sixers games all year and Embiid would work so hard for every shot he took, double and triple teamed. And Maxey was playing PG, and doing a good job for a second year player who is a SG, but he was hesitant and just...slow.

With Harden at the PG...it's nuts. Who are you going to guard/double? Maxey, Embiid and Harden are all averaging something ridiculous, like 25 points each, on 13 shots per night. It's nuts.

Look at this play, Embiid and Harden each take turns taking their guy off the dribble, while Maxey is wide open for a three at the bottom and the play ends with an alley oop to Thyblle. Embiid just laughs at how open he is constantly now.

Last edited:
Yeah but the last one he left with an injury. We should have run away with that one.
Agreed. But he did play and played VERY well before getting injured. Just saying, they are currently worse than when we played them. I think some of the guys have started to quit as well since they are falling out of the playoff picture. They had a much better chance at the playoffs when they played us and I believe they were trying harder back then.

Suns pulled that one out of their arse
The most clutch team in the NBA, by far. Not surprising, although it was pretty improbable. But that is what is possible when you have a team and coach that can focus on the task as hand and gut out a tough win. We don't really do that.

Spencer Dinwiddie just shows you how important it is to have that second shot creator on your team.

The way he destroys his defender off the dribble, we don't have a guy like that to take the load off Donovan. Not settling for lazy 3s at all. Shot 2/7 from deep but it ain't matter. Sac can't stop him but foul. 13 free throws tells the full story

Spencer Dinwiddie just shows you how important it is to have that second shot creator on your team.

The way he destroys his defender off the dribble, we don't have a guy like that to take the load off Donovan. Not settling for lazy 3s at all. Shot 2/7 from deep but it ain't matter. Sac can't stop him but foul. 13 free throws tells the full story
I mean our offense is #1 in the nba so I think we doing okay. We have plenty of creation.

I mean our offense is #1 in the nba so I think we doing okay. We have plenty of creation.
Number 1 offense that basically gets shut down whenever opponents guard you with 5 out. Our offense lives on spacing and when there isn't any, Donovan is the only one who could create some space for you.

It's simple, when defenders switch on everything to take away Rudy's screen so they constantly have a man staying in front of Bogey/Royce/JC, what could they do with the ball other than settling for a tough jumper? Can they beat their man with the dribble?

the whole premise of a five out small lineup is to force you beat them one on one. to beat it it's simple, blow by your man and take it all the way to the rack for an easy bucket because of the absence of rim protection. Like what Dinwiddie's done to GSW the other day and what Reggie's done to the Lakers. the fact we struggle against five out lineups is pretty telling

Last edited:

Just a reminder that Dinwiddie's shooting percentages were virtually identical to NAW's this season when Dinwiddie was in Washington. Change of scenery can make a difference, as can playing in a better situation.

Just a reminder that Dinwiddie's shooting percentages were virtually identical to NAW's this season when Dinwiddie was in Washington. Change of scenery can make a difference, as can playing in a better situation.
people despise one on one basketball and rightfully so. but when opponents put out a strategy specifically to force you beat them one on one, you gotta be able to do it.

Playoffs is all about star powers and one on one plays. sharing the basketball to find the best wide open shot possible is enjoyable to watch for the fans, but you need that flexibility to make plays in iso to win a championship.

Last edited:

just ask yourself how many of those drives would have been tough jumpers, fadeaways, or floaters had it been JC/Bogey/Conley. i mean shooting the ball is a great skill to have, but the ability to beat your defender off the dribble is just as important. our offense is just way too one-dimensional

Last edited:
Golden State lost again tonight...they've now lost 4 in a row and 7 of their last 8. Jazz two games back of them and Memphis in the loss column.