What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Can't believe the Jokic thing didn't end up in bigger suspensions.

Last edited:
One game?

I guess it pays to be an MVP...

That was worse than any NBA punch I've ever seen thrown.

basketball-will-ferrel.gif

One game?

I guess it pays to be an MVP...

That was worse than any NBA punch I've ever seen thrown.

basketball-will-ferrel.gif
Is that bill walton? (I kid, its the legendary jackie moon of course)

I mean he almost decapitated cam Payne for no reason in the playoffs… he targeted Kanter’s injured shoulder in the playoffs with something that looked like a WWE move. It is anytime he is frustrated for any reason. He has to stop that ****.

Morris is a punk and did a punk move. You can retaliate in other ways. Not defending what he did at all. He likely gets suspended a game too.
I remember both plays. The one on Kanter seemed dirty as **** to me but it was downplayed by almost everyone.

Cam Payne one. The only foul there was how he swung his arm. He got all ball and I am not sure he grazed Cam's head at all. That acts out slower and it's a steal, lol.

I remember both plays. The one on Kanter seemed dirty as **** to me but it was downplayed by almost everyone.

Cam Payne one. The only foul there was how he swung his arm. He got all ball and I am not sure he grazed Cam's head at all. That acts out slower and it's a steal, lol.
He was winding up to take a frustration foul. He was lucky all he did was graze his face. I brought a guys nose when the very tip of my elbow hit his nose in a game. It doesn’t take a whole lot.

He was winding up to take a frustration foul. He was lucky all he did was graze his face. I brought a guys nose when the very tip of my elbow hit his nose in a game. It doesn’t take a whole lot.
What a coincidence. I broke a guys nose with a Superman punch with my full fist because he kept hitting me in the nuts and the refs wouldn't call it. It doesn't take much to break a nose at all.

What a coincidence. I broke a guys nose with a Superman punch with my full fist because he kept hitting me in the nuts and the refs wouldn't call it. It doesn't take much to break a nose at all.
This was one of the scarier incidents of my life. The guy was a super yoked Russian dude and his whole squad was dudes you didn’t want to mess with. I had my hand on the ball and he was reaching in from the side as I went by… it ended up being an and 1 layup and I didn’t feel any contact. He turned around and I kinda laughed… when he faced me his nose had exploded. I still couldn’t figure out what happened. The next day I had the tiniest bruise right on the tip of my elbow. The bruise was half the size of a dime. Next time we played that team I didn’t drive to the hoop a whole lot.

This was one of the scarier incidents of my life. The guy was a super yoked Russian dude and his whole squad was dudes you didn’t want to mess with. I had my hand on the ball and he was reaching in from the side as I went by… it ended up being an and 1 layup and I didn’t feel any contact. He turned around and I kinda laughed… when he faced me his nose had exploded. I still couldn’t figure out what happened. The next day I had the tiniest bruise right on the tip of my elbow. The bruise was half the size of a dime. Next time we played that team I didn’t drive to the hoop a whole lot.
Those are the worst. Incidental contact at full speed can do some real damage. I played 4 positions in high school, everything but center. When I had to play PF I was giving up 3-6" on everyone I guarded, but I usually had a strength advantage (I'm kind of built more like a shorter paschall than anything else). But as a result my eye was always at elbow level. Got a lot of incidental black eyes. Wore goggles for a while even. But yeah it doesn't take much.

Joker's retaliation wasn't cheap. What do you expect him to do, ask him to turn around and be a man? **** that, you turn your back after a cheap shot you're an idiot.
I mean Jokic said he shouldn't have done it. He could have shoved him rather than going full force with the shoulder. Morris shouldn't have put that much into his take foul but I don't think he was turning from some confrontation. Jokic's retaliation was super cheap but Bev only got 1 game for the CP shove I guess so there seems to be some consistency.

It was just a reaction but that kind how his other cheap shots have been... get frustrated... react.

I mean Jokic said he shouldn't have done it. He could have shoved him rather than going full force with the shoulder. Morris shouldn't have put that much into his take foul but I don't think he was turning from some confrontation. Jokic's retaliation was super cheap but Bev only got 1 game for the CP shove I guess so there seems to be some consistency.

It was just a reaction but that kind how his other cheap shots have been... get frustrated... react.

I'm a fan of Jokers reaction. Morris' cheap shot could have injured him. Anything after that is game IMO. I love Joker even more now. I would expect anyone to retaliate, but especially an MVP. You don't cheap shot an MVP.

Is Morris injured?

I thought Jokic's reaction was too much and also didn't think Morris should have necessarily been ejected, until I saw the angle from the baseline cam. It appears about equal and Jokic's reaction looks somewhat reasonable.