What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Cavs lost to the kings. Donovan was amazing again though.

Cavs lost to the kings. Donovan was amazing again though.
Losing will add up though. That team looks great at the moment, but it could easily come up short. Gotta think they’re in Championship or Bust mode. If they fail to get there, the king knives will come out for somebody. . .

Losing will add up though. That team looks great at the moment, but it could easily come up short. Gotta think they’re in Championship or Bust mode. If they fail to get there, the king knives will come out for somebody. . .

They are a very young team and have a strong culture. It was perfect for Donovan to go there. His energy reminds me of when he was rookie. Time will tell if he gets too comfortable and redevelops his bad habits, but he's playing extraordinarily well and they've got something good going there. We'll see what it's like if this goes 3-4 years and they haven't won or made the finals.

They are a very young team and have a strong culture. It was perfect for Donovan to go there. His energy reminds me of when he was rookie. Time will tell if he gets too comfortable and redevelops his bad habits, but he's playing extraordinarily well and they've got something good going there. We'll see what it's like if this goes 3-4 years and they haven't won or made the finals.

The good news for us is our picks from them don’t start conveying for 3 years then we have a swap or unprotected pick for the consecutive 5 years after that.

The good news for us is our picks from them don’t start conveying for 3 years then we have a swap or unprotected pick for the consecutive 5 years after that.

I don't think CLE will ever be bad during that time. Mobley and Garland are very young and their FO looks very strong. A lot of people seem to have these high hopes that we'll luck out and get a high draft pick like when Ainge fleeced BKN, but that likely won't happen. Chances are we're not going to get a high draft pick from any of the picks acquired for Don or Rudy. But there's still value in having delayed picks. I think we ultimately get a star, but it's through trade and not through a draft pick.

Oooh boy. Rob Pelinka and Jeanie Buss really set the Lakers franchise back a decade trading for AD and Westbrook. I hope the bubble ring was worth it, lol.

People are "willing" to tank for years and years for the idea and chance of winning a single championship and it almost never happens. But when teams do win the title and pay for it on the backend people question if it was worth it at all. Ridiculous IMO.

I don't think CLE will ever be bad during that time. Mobley and Garland are very young and their FO looks very strong. A lot of people seem to have these high hopes that we'll luck out and get a high draft pick like when Ainge fleeced BKN, but that likely won't happen. Chances are we're not going to get a high draft pick from any of the picks acquired for Don or Rudy. But there's still value in having delayed picks. I think we ultimately get a star, but it's through trade and not through a draft pick.
6 years is an eternity in the NBA.

People are "willing" to tank for years and years for the idea and chance of winning a single championship and it almost never happens. But when teams do win the title and pay for it on the backend people question if it was worth it at all. Ridiculous IMO.
Look at it like this. The franchise has almost 20 rings. So yes, I ask if that 1 ring was really worth setting the franchise back.

Look at it like this. The franchise has almost 20 rings. So yes, I ask if that 1 ring was really worth setting the franchise back.

Don’t think it changes anything if the franchise has zero rings or twenty rings. A championship is a championship. And what was the other option? If they don’t make the AD trade, they are not champions and probably never champions in the LeBron era.

Don’t think it changes anything if the franchise has zero rings or twenty rings. A championship is a championship.
I'm by no means an expert on being a fan of championship teams, but it seems to me that the first one would be by far the best. After the first, I think I'd choose 20 years of fun basketball over 1 championship year + 19 years of misery.

I'm by no means an expert on being a fan of championship teams, but it seems to me that the first one would be by far the best. After the first, I think I'd choose 20 years of fun basketball over 1 championship year + 19 years of misery.

I honestly think the championship or bust mentality has ruined the NBA. I hate it.

I do find it funny though that people are so willing to tank, but then also scoff at actually winning a championship and then having some bad years afterwards. Like it’s better to guarantee setting back the franchise for multiple years for a chance at a title instead of guaranteeing a title with a chance of some bad years afterwards.

I think it’s great to enjoy the NBA for other reasons besides the championship. But the tank obsessed fans always defend it under the guise of “championship or bust” but seemingly would also give up a championship for better draft picks.

Don’t think it changes anything if the franchise has zero rings or twenty rings. A championship is a championship. And what was the other option? If they don’t make the AD trade, they are not champions and probably never champions in the LeBron era.
Ok. Whatever you say brah lol

That's going to be the last ring they win in a long time. I doubt 5-6 years for now that ring will be relished by any Laker fan.

I think with a team that young a good playoff showing regardless of championship will be enough. They need to get out of the first round and they need to at min push in the second round. Anything more than that and they are very happy. The only big concern they have is if Mitchell leaves and they get nothing for him at the end of his contract. Him and Garland will need to learn to play together better but that seems likely. But I guess you never know, things can change overnight in the NBA. Everyone thought the Jazz had a solid core of Mitchell and Gobert that was under contract for awhile and we would have a few years at least with them.