What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Losing will add up though. That team looks great at the moment, but it could easily come up short. Gotta think they’re in Championship or Bust mode. If they fail to get there, the king knives will come out for somebody. . .
You're reaching. Unless it's another 3-1 series blown, they will probably be fine. They have a lot of upside going forward

You're reaching. Unless it's another 3-1 series blown, they will probably be fine. They have a lot of upside going forward
I’m not talking about this year. Just over the course of his career there. I don’t think they’ll win a championship in the 3 years they have him under contract, and at the same time they’re either going to have to commit big money to their other players or cut bait on them. Eventually, I think he’ll decide that he has to leave in order to have a real chance to contend.

I don't think CLE will ever be bad during that time. Mobley and Garland are very young and their FO looks very strong. A lot of people seem to have these high hopes that we'll luck out and get a high draft pick like when Ainge fleeced BKN, but that likely won't happen. Chances are we're not going to get a high draft pick from any of the picks acquired for Don or Rudy. But there's still value in having delayed picks. I think we ultimately get a star, but it's through trade and not through a draft pick.

Lol we’re literally going to get a lottery pick from the Rudy trade this season.

Wouldn’t consider a lottery pick a high draft pick. I mean a top 4 pick.

No because to get a truly awful record in the NBA you need to tank because others will be out there tanking. Teams without their own pick won't tank or sit out players with phantom ailments. However, the lottery is a thing and there is a chance an 8 or 9 pick before the lottery turns into something special.

No because to get a truly awful record in the NBA you need to tank because others will be out there tanking. Teams without their own pick won't tank or sit out players with phantom ailments. However, the lottery is a thing and there is a chance an 8 or 9 pick before the lottery turns into something special.

Right….and that could happen. But if I had to bet on our method of getting a star, I would bet on it being through trade. Getting one through the draft because you have to get the pick, which would require disaster from MIN/CLE and some lotto luck on top of actually drafting a star. That’s unlikely probabilities stacked upon each other. OTOH, I’m pretty confident the Jazz have stacked enough picks to execute a trade for whoever the next Donovan Mitchell is through trade.

We could also hit on a draft pick that isn’t a high draft pick. Many of the stars today are not too 4 picks….I would still bet on us getting “that guy” through trade however. Ideally, you are the team that capitalized on the Harden/Halliburton type trade where you get a young star.

If it ends up around 8/9 and we get a little lottery luck you never know.

That's how MEM did it. They were not a tanking team when they got Ja. It's definitely possible and made more possible with the flattened lottery odds, but I'd still say we are more likely to do it through trade because I am sure we have the assets to make a trade whereas the draft will take a ton of luck.

Lol we’re literally going to get a lottery pick from the Rudy trade this season.
Yeah, imagine we end up in the conference or NBA finals and the ping pong balls still give us Wembanyama. Even the fact that this is an outside chance is crazy to think about.

How did he play in the Sacramento game?
Bickerstaff called themselves out for being arrogant at the beginning of games. They have had 3 games in a row now where they came out flat defensively, and even though they were able to rally against Lakers they fell short against Clippers and Kings.

I think Don didn't do well defensively, but at least he was solid on the other end and brought them back into the game going 7/7 in the 3rd quarter. Garland struggled on both ends all game, and had 0 steals and 0 boards for instance (and they only had 4 steals as a team).

Obnoxious.
al-bundy-the-hell-you-say.gif