What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Release the Kraken

Thank you Mr Kerr for really using your platform! That kind of sterling authenticity while blasting the politicians that are ‘holding us hostage” over background checks for personal power was incredibly compelling. We need more people with your conviction and courage.

Avery

The kid passed the background check.

To me, purchasing hundreds of rounds of ammo and two long rifles within three days seems a bit of a flag.

If we require people getting Global Entry and TSA Precheck interviews - and you still have to go through security screening, seems we could lean in a bit more with purchasing firearms (especially if you are a creepy kid who looks like a Slytherin reject).

homeytennis

C’mon Homey you’re better than this, at least I thought you were! First of all not the story I got, second of all its immaterial to the argument. There’s been three massacres in the past two weeks!
I just read a story from the Wash Post that said he bought the two long guns from a firearms dealer after his 18th birthday and passed all checks. Maybe the background checks need to be more rigorous obviously. I assume the story was reliable.

Release the Kraken

I just read a story from the Wash Post that said he bought the two long guns from a firearms dealer after his 18th birthday and passed all checks. Maybe the background checks need to be more rigorous obviously. I assume the story was reliable.
CNN reported that he was able to purchase an assault weapon promptly on his 18th birthday with a background check still pending. HR8 which Kerr referred to obviously entails a stringent background check involving educational, medical and criminal vetting with a waiting period involved.
Kerr didn’t mention the availability of assault weapons but to me that component was also tacitly implied.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
CNN reported that he was able to purchase an assault weapon promptly on his 18th birthday with a background check still pending. HR8 which Kerr referred to obviously entails a stringent background check involving educational, medical and criminal vetting with a waiting period involved.
Kerr didn’t mention the availability of assault weapons but to me that component was also tacitly implied.
I’m not a gun guy… it seems wild that folks can get a damn assault rifle at all… let alone with less stringent checks than what I had to go through to get my first blockbuster card. I’m all for as many background checks and hurdles as possible… tax the **** out of it too… send all the money to the families of those that lost someone to this garbage.

Release the Kraken

I’m not a gun guy… it seems wild that folks can get a damn assault rifle at all… let alone with less stringent checks than what I had to go through to get my first blockbuster card. I’m all for as many background checks and hurdles as possible… tax the **** out of it too… send all the money to the families of those that lost someone to this garbage.
Well said Sir! It really is a hideous absurdity IMO!

Last edited: