What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

We want the Jazz to finish in the 2nd or 3rd seed, with GSW dropping to the 4th seed. Jazz would play Memphis in the 2nd round, and the Phoenix would play Golden State.

That lets the Jazz play a re-match with the Grizzlies, who play drop-big for the most part. Jazz should win that series in 6 games, unless JJJ plays really well as a stretch-5.
Golden State isn't beating Phoenix unless Klay gets back to at least 90% of his peak by playoff time.

Golden State has a bunch of guys that are good in the regular season, but will not be great in the playoffs IMO.

This will be unpopular but I think he was trying to make a play on the ball. He never took his eyes off the ball and the second swipe looked like he was still trying to knock the ball away. I didn't see anything intentional or malicious there. Hard foul, maybe excessive contact? Sure. But not intentionally trying to hurt the guy. The announcer talking about a hip throw is so wrong. Didn't look like that at all.

This will be unpopular but I think he was trying to make a play on the ball. He never took his eyes off the ball and the second swipe looked like he was still trying to knock the ball away. I didn't see anything intentional or malicious there. Hard foul, maybe excessive contact? Sure. But not intentionally trying to hurt the guy. The announcer talking about a hip throw is so wrong. Didn't look like that at all.
I agree. If he gets suspended then there will be a terrible standard set for challenging people going for a layup.

Golden State isn't beating Phoenix unless Klay gets back to at least 90% of his peak by playoff time.

Golden State has a bunch of guys that are good in the regular season, but will not be great in the playoffs IMO.
kinda the opposite. Klay is washed IMO. Playing him is currently costing GSW games that they otherwise would have won. Just look at his numbers. It's worse than Clarkson...... They are better off with him on the bench right now. No way they win anything with Klay laying bricks out there.

Curry is pretty good in playoffs. Averaged over 30 per game in the last 2 playoff series.

I dont know intent on that one...... But damn that was a brutal fall.

kinda the opposite. Klay is washed IMO. Playing him is currently costing GSW games that they otherwise would have won. Just look at his numbers. It's worse than Clarkson...... They are better off with him on the bench right now. No way they win anything with Klay laying bricks out there.
He did say IF klay gets back close to what he was pre injury. He didn't say if Klay continues to play the way he is now.

He did say IF klay gets back close to what he was pre injury. He didn't say if Klay continues to play the way he is now.
They were a solid contender without Klay and could definitely challenge Phoenix in a seven game series. They just took a step back with Klay back in the lineup. GSW should either pray that he plays better, or just bench him entirely. Players don't recover from injuries all the time. They should not feel obligated to play Klay Thompson based on what he's done for the franchise.

They were a solid contender without Klay and could definitely challenge Phoenix in a seven game series. They just took a step back with Klay back in the lineup. GSW should either pray that he plays better, or just bench him entirely. Players don't recover from injuries all the time. They should not feel obligated to play Klay Thompson based on what he's done for the franchise.
Yep. exactly. Dude you quoted was talking about Klay playing better.

Yep. exactly. Dude you quoted was talking about Klay playing better.
no, he was saying that GSW would only challenge Phoenix if Klay reaches 90% and they were a regular season team otherwise. I'd say GSW is a contender without Klay and would challenge Phoenix no matter what. Just bench Klay if he doesn't get back in shape.

Huge injury news for the Suns: Jae Crowder might have just broken his wrist on a fall. Cam Payne also injured his wrist tonight.

Suns depth if Crowder is out, just a took a huge hit. They may look to make a trade, which could hurt their chemistry.

Huge injury news for the Suns: Jae Crowder might have just broken his wrist on a fall. Cam Payne also injured his wrist tonight.

Suns depth if Crowder is out, just a took a huge hit. They may look to make a trade, which could hurt their chemistry.
Ish Wainright's time to shine.

Speaking of the Suns, Bismack Biyombo had 21 pt, 13 rebounds, 5 assists. How do the Suns keep turning these journeyman role-players into better-than-could-ever-be-imagined versions of themselves? I know Chris Paul is great, but still mighty impressive.

Ish Wainright's time to shine.

Speaking of the Suns, Bismack Biyombo had 21 pt, 13 rebounds, 5 assists. How do the Suns keep turning these journeyman role-players into better-than-could-ever-be-imagined versions of themselves? I know Chris Paul is great, but still mighty impressive.
Biyombo and McGee were excellent vets, but had down years last year - I don't think McGee barely got any PT with Denver, which is crazy. Biyombo's father passed away and he took time off from basketball, but apparently stayed in shape. James Jones got both at the vet minimum.

The Suns weakness last year was big man depth, and James Jones basically fixed that and made it a non-issue. What they do at the trade deadline will be very interesting because of their injury situation now.

Lue's the anti-Quin. He benched three of his staters Reggie, Zubac and Batum tonight after a nightmare first half and rode his bench to rally from 35-point down to beat Washington.

If it's Lue coaching this Jazz team, Jingles, Clarkson and Royce would've gotten multiple DNP-CD by now.

Lue's the anti-Quin. He benched three of his staters Reggie, Zubac and Batum tonight after a nightmare first half and rode his bench to rally from 35-point down to beat Washington.

If it's Lue coaching this Jazz team, Jingles, Clarkson and Royce would've gotten multiple DNP-CD by now.
It's truly amazing what the Clippers have accomplished. Isn't this at least 3-4 20+ point comebacks in this season alone? This is way off the normal-results scale.

It's truly amazing what the Clippers have accomplished. Isn't this at least 3-4 20+ point comebacks in this season alone? This is way off the normal-results scale.
Lue is a coach who actually holds his players accountable. He's not afraid of making adjustment and flipping the rotation chart completely during games. He takes out guys who are struggling and brings in ones with the hot hand. Of course it's going to tip the scale in your favor.
It also gets his players motivated to play hard to earn his coach's trust. Why should a guy like Royce play hard if he's just gonna get 35min a night from his coach regardless?