What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

I only watched the end of the Bucks/Knicks game (yay Dame Time), but what was the deal with the announcers? Do they really dislike each other? Too many digs at each other to be entertaining. Maybe I missed something.

These ****ing horrible in season tournament courts are absolute trash. Pure garbage all the way around, except for the Bucks court which is ok.

Guess it fits in with the trash jerseys* and the trash concept.

*Actually, Utah's city jersey is a vast improvement over their normal ones, just because their normal ones are so horrid.

All of the games tonight are quite close in scoring. Maybe the concept is genius as it gets them to care more about games this time of year. Better product for the fans.

I wonder what record after 25 games (when Ja returns) Memphis would have to have to consider throwing the season away and just tanking the whole way. Put Ja in a year long rehab program and just tank for Sarr.

The hawks definitely need to send us a gift basket for taking on Collins so that they could clear minutes for Jalen Johnson. He also looks like the perfect archetype for Taylor Hendricks. If he can develop into the player Johnson is looking like he can be then we will be very happy with him in the future.

The courts make these tournament games very hard to watch.
No idea why they thought they needed to do that. They burn my retinas and it must have been expensive as hell… the tournament is kinda cool but don’t overthink ****.

The hawks definitely need to send us a gift basket for taking on Collins so that they could clear minutes for Jalen Johnson. He also looks like the perfect archetype for Taylor Hendricks. If he can develop into the player Johnson is looking like he can be then we will be very happy with him in the future.
According to Hawk fans Quin Snyder is the one who apparently wanted nothing to do with coaching that team with John Collins on it. Alot of that was due to fit issues which the Jazz are now seeing with him. Collins is a pretty good player and especially a really good rebounder but by this point it's obvious he needs to be playing alongside another big man that can stretch the floor which is the exact opposite of what we have in Kessler. It's baffling how the parts don't fit at all on this Jazz team unless it's by design from Ainge who secretly wants a top 5 pick. There's no other way to explain it.

According to Hawk fans Quin Snyder is the one who apparently wanted nothing to do with coaching that team with John Collins on it. Alot of that was due to fit issues which the Jazz are now seeing with him. Collins is a pretty good player and especially a really good rebounder but by this point it's obvious he needs to be playing alongside another big man that can stretch the floor which is the exact opposite of what we have in Kessler. It's baffling how the parts don't fit at all on this Jazz team unless it's by design from Ainge who secretly wants a top 5 pick. There's no other way to explain it.

I fully agree that the parts aren't a good fit but I feel likes Hardy's ego exacerbates the issue. He thinks he can fit a square peg into a round hole with this starting lineup similar to what Snyder did with Favors and Gobert. There are clear ways to make the roster fit better like bringing Collins off the bench and plugging in Olynyk at the 4 or Ochai at the 3. At the end of the day though this roster is still really flawed with no path to greatness so we might as well go full youth movement and be bad while giving guys experience.

Jalen has always been a very dynamic player. That isnt Hendricks. The question for Jalen is can he be a consistent shooter. Still needs to prove that.

I fully agree that the parts aren't a good fit but I feel likes Hardy's ego exacerbates the issue. He thinks he can fit a square peg into a round hole with this starting lineup similar to what Snyder did with Favors and Gobert. There are clear ways to make the roster fit better like bringing Collins off the bench and plugging in Olynyk at the 4 or Ochai at the 3. At the end of the day though this roster is still really flawed with no path to greatness so we might as well go full youth movement and be bad while giving guys experience.
He’s working with what he was given. He might be doing it poorly at times but the fit issues are on DA. Is he supposed to bench his center or his 100M PF that can’t shoot?

If you are doing a stealth tank you don’t get $100M player to do it.

If you are doing a stealth tank you don’t get $100M player to do it.
That's the most baffling part of all this.

Atlanta tried for years to roll out big man lineups with Collins that never quite worked and a big part of that was his fit with Capela and Okongwu. Why DA thought Collins was going to work next to Kessler with zero established playmakers on this roster at PG or the wing is a real headscratcher. There are a few places where Collins could conceivably work better (in Indy next to Myles Turner? in Detroit next to Beef Stew?)

I do agree the roster construction itself is a bigger problem than Hardy's rotations and that falls at the feet of Ainge. I'm fine if they tank for one year, grab a top 5 talent, and then use their warchest to bring in another star next offseason. They need to pick a direction because landing a 9-12 pick ain't gonna cut it especially with the Thunder owning our pick top 10 protected next draft. FWIW the Thunder also own the Rockets '24 pick top 4 protected.

He’s working with what he was given. He might be doing it poorly at times but the fit issues are on DA. Is he supposed to bench his center or his 100M PF that can’t shoot?
I hate when people say should he bench this guy or that. There is a huge difference between benching a player which means no longer getting minutes and bringing a guy off the bench but he is still getting significant minutes. The latter is what we are talking about and should happen.