What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

"Hi Scot, this is Walker Kessler. How about some tips?"
"What, about low post play?"
"No, how to get into the heart transplant line!"

(In all seriousness, I wish the best for Pollard. And Walker needs a heart transplant.)

Last edited:
So Cade returned from injury few weeks ago and Pistons lost 4 in a row with him. Yesterday he sat the first one out since then due to injury/illness and Detroit immediately wins on the road against fully healthy Kings.

There has got to be something about this. For the season they are now 4-6 without him and 3-37 with him. I dont want to watch the tape to try and find out what it is.

If we assume Cade isnt a terrible player who plays losing ball (which is going too far really)....
...could it be that Jaden Ivey is actually much better than we think and when he gets the keys they just operate better?

Jaden Ivey looks like an on/off god on advanced stats this season, which is quite an improvement from being pretty much a trainwreck last year. But the Pistons on/off numbers are proven to be broken.

I wonder how much more money Gafford is going to make after playing with Luka vs if he had stayed wtih the Wizards.
Lucky for Dallas he is locked up for 2 more years. They definitely won the trade deadline getting him and Washinton. I think they are legit championship contenders now.

Lucky for Dallas he is locked up for 2 more years. They definitely won the trade deadline getting him and Washinton. I think they are legit championship contenders now.
IDK about that.

When fully healthy Gafford isnt adding all that much and I dont trust PJ to be consistent at all.

Think the trades are more just to make sure they get into the top 6 and avoid the play in.

Gafford and Washington looking like very impactful additions for the Mavs, meanwhile OKC not adding any big man depth could end up being a big mistake for a team with as much resources as the Thunder.
The future is obviously incredibly bright for the thunder but they had a chance to solidify themselves as a title favorite this deadline and they dropped the ball. A healthy Hayward helps but Gafford would have been ideal. Now the mavs are a legit contender in my opinion and I like them more than the thunder this year.

IDK about that.

When fully healthy Gafford isnt adding all that much and I dont trust PJ to be consistent at all.

Think the trades are more just to make sure they get into the top 6 and avoid the play in.
Gafford is a massive upgrade over what they were bringing off the bench and so is PJ. They are a really solid 9 deep now.

Gafford is a massive upgrade over what they were bringing off the bench and so is PJ. They are a really solid 9 deep now.
Sure, but you cant play Gafford and Lively together. It's cool, but it's not a difference maker past the first round imo.