What's new

The Official Go Get Kawhi Thread

How has no one mentioned he's a 2019 free agent? We can't put together a superior trade package, but of teams with cap space, I like our chances and I wouldn't compromise it for the likes of Dante Exum or Derrick Favors.

I mean that's why the title of the thread is Go Get Kawhi instead of Trade for Kawhi. Either option is fine by me.

It’s more a comment on us only wanting guys when their stock is high and not wanting them when their stock is low. Stock can change multiple times over the course of a season.

True and good point.

Didn't he say SAS can't attract big names (no offense LMA)?

If that's the case I'm sure he'll join the next "super team" in the making.

Didn't he say SAS can't attract big names (no offense LMA)?

If that's the case I'm sure he'll join the next "super team" in the making.

Where are people getting this? I heard rumblings that he's not happy how his injury was handled. That's all.

There has been rumors that ever since his uncle started managing him the Spurs/Kawhi conflict started happening.

And the Spurs had been winning a lot. Hell they looked like they could challenge the Warriors last year in the series before he twisted his ankle. I think logically one has to go to either Kawhi doesnt want to play in a small market anymore or Kawhi doesnt trust the Spurs with his health.

There has been rumors that ever since his uncle started managing him the Spurs/Kawhi conflict started happening.

And the Spurs had been winning a lot. Hell they looked like they could challenge the Warriors last year in the series before he twisted his ankle. I think logically one has to go to either Kawhi doesnt want to play in a small market anymore or Kawhi doesnt trust the Spurs with his health.

Sounds like gossip. Shouldn't conflate gossip with logic.

One thing I would say, though, is if someone wants out of the Spurs organization then it would kind of raise some red flags for me and make me question if that's the type of person you'd want to invest heavily in. Nothing else he's ever done would give me that indication, but it would make me curious.

There's nothing in KL's history or character that would indicate he wants a brighter spotlight. Is there a more awkward nerd in the NBA?

Stop presenting vague gossip as fact.

There's nothing in KL's history or character that would indicate he wants a brighter spotlight. Is there a more awkward nerd in the NBA?

Does he like making money?

If so, then yes, there is a reason why he would want to play in a big market.

Where are people getting this? I heard rumblings that he's not happy how his injury was handled. That's all.
So wait, you can bring up rumors, but no one else can? Got it.

So wait, you can bring up rumors, but no one else can? Got it.

There have been news articles that talked about that. Including quotes from woj. I didn't speculate and make **** up in the name of logic. Like some conspiracy theorist.

It sucks, but the reality is everyone would choose to play in a bigger market if all else was equal.

1. They get paid more from endorsement money in big markets
2. It's usually easier to win in big markets
3. Players are more likely to join you in big markets

The only reason for anyone to stay in a small market is if your situation is perfect (see Duncan, but even he came close to getting out at one point).

I asked for the source and you mentioned some hilarious logic and theories on human nature.

All I wanted is to know where people were getting that story from.
Stephen A Smith brought it up.

Ill try and find the video for you.