What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Russian spending on defense/intelligence is top 5 in the world, Italy is not even top 10.

Why would you think GDP is the best metric?
I see it as a good metric for what a nation is capable of because I think that is what GDP measures. A nation can choose to devote a larger or lesser portion to their military to increase their military capability, but I intended it in a more general sense and so I used what I saw as a more general metric.

1,043 pages? I’m impressed, gentlemen… and a bit unnerved.

How do you move forward if you’re always looking behind?

1,043 pages? I’m impressed, gentlemen… and a bit unnerved.

How do you move forward if you’re always looking behind?
How do you think we should move forward if there’s no accountability for the past and present. Donald and his cronies haven’t given up their quest for power.

How do you think we should move forward if there’s no accountability for the past and present. Donald and his cronies haven’t given up their quest for power.
Let's start with a new thread with a more appropriate title. :D

Probably about time for one to be called "2024 Presidential Election Mothership Thread".

I see it as a good metric for what a nation is capable of because I think that is what GDP measures.
In a discussion of military or intelligence capability, that seems awfully myopic. It's not like you can flip a switch on your spending patterns (sans some major external threat).

In a discussion of military or intelligence capability, that seems awfully myopic. It's not like you can flip a switch on your spending patterns (sans some major external threat).
That switch can be flipped pretty fast.

Look at 2 other counties as a hypothetical: Germany and Saudi Arabia. In your list of military spending, Saudi Arabia is above Germany but Germany has a GDP almost 5 times Saudi Arabia's GDP. I think Germany is more capable. If there were a fight between those two countries with no allies assisting, my money would be on Germany even with Germany having the lesser amount of military spending at the start.

Get psychiatric help. Talk to a counselor. Get a gf, a real one.

I'm not even making this up... There has been research about your kind and TDS is a real disorder.

Only if we have a bunch of George Clinton 4 Prez pictures.

View attachment 10938

5830794_3.jpg

The grift never ends. Buy this crappy Chinese phone! America first!

This really is a problem. One party is obsessed with performative politics. They’re all in on the grift, fleecing their constituents. Which makes their constituents’ lives worse. Whose anger they exploit to fleece even more. It’s a vicious cycle.

The grift never ends. Buy this crappy Chinese phone! America first!

This really is a problem. One party is obsessed with performative politics. They’re all in on the grift, fleecing their constituents. Which makes their constituents’ lives worse. Whose anger they exploit to fleece even more. It’s a vicious cycle.

Why do they call it a freedom phone? Do people not understand that most countries around the world have freedom and that it’s not agnostic to us?

People of all walks of life need to stop being sheep and think for themselves vs. what certain personalities tell them to do.

That switch can be flipped pretty fast.

Look at 2 other counties as a hypothetical: Germany and Saudi Arabia. In your list of military spending, Saudi Arabia is above Germany but Germany has a GDP almost 5 times Saudi Arabia's GDP. I think Germany is more capable. If there were a fight between those two countries with no allies assisting, my money would be on Germany even with Germany having the lesser amount of military spending at the start.
So, you chose one of the most extreme comparisons you could find, in an effort to make a point about Russia and Italy?

This is what I meant earlier about your letting your categories define your realities, rather than the realities define the categories. There is so much more that goes into who is a greater threat than GDP.

So, you chose one of the most extreme comparisons you could find, in an effort to make a point about Russia and Italy?

This is what I meant earlier about your letting your categories define your realities, rather than the realities define the categories. There is so much more that goes into who is a greater threat than GDP.
But that would mean:

1. Actually knowing the subject matter well rather than a tidbit of information they liked.
2. Being open and honest about the subject matter instead of proving one preconceived point.

I don’t know how you and @Red continue to “debate” people who have no desire to be honest or informed on anything they’re commenting on. It’s admirable despite my inability to understand what you get out of it.

I don’t know how you and @Red continue to “debate” people who have no desire to be honest or informed on anything they’re commenting on. It’s admirable despite my inability to understand what you get out of it.
Well, I’ve never seen him as a troll. But, some of the things he focuses on, in his replies to links I post, do puzzle me. I would not have thought the Surgeon General of the United States urging citizens, in his remarks yesterday, to “follow the science” might be the equivalent of saying people should treat science itself as a deity “to be followed”. So, yeah, an observation like that leaves me wondering how do I respond to such an interpretation? And I do see that “thinks differently” with his replies at times, namely, emphasizing things, or interpreting statements, in ways that would not occur to me. When this forces me to reconsider my own position, that can be a good thing, but sometimes I just don’t understand why the point being offered is being offered at all. I do understand your frustration, but I just think the man’s mind works differently than my own.