What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

If the call was so perfect, why did Mikey Pompeo act ignorant about it? Wouldn’t he want to brag about how perfect it was?

Last Sunday:

Today:

Another big news day:

But I’m sure this is all going to be great news for Donald. Great leader is completely innocent. He is always so great.

Grrrrr! I’m so sick and tired of crony capitalism! It’s ridiculous how children get to make big time bucks off their politically connected fathers! And then their fathers continue to abuse their own office for their own gain! I’m so angry! Where’s my colonial attire? We need a tea party! Gimmie freedom or Gimmie death!

Coooooool

I agree with AOC in this case. Trump's cruelty is one of the major reasons I despise what he has done to my country. He has made cruelty one of his defining traits, probably close to the last thing any American could wish of his/her president:

And it's worth pointing out that so many refugees fleeing the Nothern Triangle are fleeing conditions for which the United States does bear some responsibility:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qvnyzq/central-america-atrocities-caused-immigration-crisis

I agree with AOC in this case. Trump's cruelty is one of the major reasons I despise what he has done to my country. He has made cruelty one of his defining traits, probably close to the last thing any American could wish of his/her president:

And it's worth pointing out that so many refugees fleeing the Nothern Triangle are fleeing conditions for which the United States does bear some responsibility:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qvnyzq/central-america-atrocities-caused-immigration-crisis

Lmao

Snakes and Alligators.

Its kind of like we are sitting around a camp fire while libs tell us scary stories about Trump the boogie man.tonightshowcampfire.jpg

I’m sure the trumpers on here will agree, RIGHT NOW is NOT the time to re-litigate Benghazi. The American people don’t care about this. Why is the Trump crime syndicate only interested in Clinton? Why aren’t they working on things that the American people care about? We have one year before the election and republicans seem to only care about Clinton and Benghazi...

Its kind of like we are sitting around a camp fire while libs tell us scary stories about Trump the boogie man.

I picture something different. I picture you and your friends sitting around a campfire yucking it up about refugees fleeing to America being shot in the legs, and being attacked by alligators.

Biden being guilty does not equal Trump is guilty.

Trump has confessed to asking Ukraine for dirt on Biden.

And there is no evidence that Biden committed a crime.

Besides that they are pretty equal &-)

Y' know, I don't think very highly of Joe, but of all the corruption in DC, I don't think this is one of his issues.

Trump has confessed to asking Ukraine for dirt on Biden.

And there is no evidence that Biden committed a crime.

Besides that they are pretty equal &-)

Y' know, I don't think very highly of Joe, but of all the corruption in DC, I don't think this is one of his issues.

Ya. Whats this? Joe admits using quid pro quo(1:20) You know, the exact thing the Dems accuse Trump of and claim its a major crime. When all Trump was doing was asking to look into the quid pro quo Joe admitted doing.

Its so weird how you guys just wanna keep overlooking this and going back to being mad at the guy who is standing up to corruption.

I picture something different. I picture you and your friends sitting around a campfire yucking it up about refugees fleeing to America being shot in the legs, and being attacked by alligators.

Lol

Thats called you having nightmares from the scary stories. That wouldn't be reality. I know its difficult during these times to distinguish between what is reality and what is fiction.

*please let me know when you have actual evidence and not scary stories. TIA

Ya. Whats this? Joe admits using quid pro quo(1:20) You know, the exact thing the Dems accuse Trump of and claim its a major crime. When all Trump was doing was asking to look into the quid pro quo Joe admitted doing.

Its so weird how you guys just wanna keep overlooking this and going back to being mad at the guy who is standing up to corruption.

It's so weird how this has been addressed about a dozen times in this thread, but you're presenting it is though it's some sort of gotcha.

It's so weird how this has been addressed about a dozen times in this thread, but you're presenting it is though it's some sort of gotcha.

Sorry. I do t have time to read everything here. I just assumed it hadnt been addressed because we still seem to be on Trump's case when we should be talking about Biden. You know, the guy who is actually guilty of the crime we are outraged about.

So it being addressed must mean you spun it and swept it under the rug.

Weird. I thought you guys cared about truth and justice.

There's a little bit of difference here. *** for tat, quid pro quo, this for that happens all the time between countries. Intent and benefit need to be considered.

I'm sure you won't read this, but there's a great timeline of events listed here. I'll skip to the big parts:

Fall 2015 – Biden, along with the EU, publicly calls for ouster of Prosecutor General Shokin for failure to work on anti-corruption efforts.

John E. Herbst, U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine under George W. Bush, later testified before Congress:

“By late fall of 2015, the EU and the United States joined the chorus of those seeking Mr. Shokin’s removal as the start of an overall reform of the Procurator General’s Office. U.S. Vice President Joe Biden spoke publicly about this before and during his December visit to Kyiv.”

Biden later boasts about the pressure he exerted on Ukraine during that time to address corruption. In a Jan. 23, 2018, Q&A following a speech at the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) in Washington, Biden touts his tough stance with Ukraine in 2016. He says he told Ukrainian leaders that the U.S. would withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees unless they fired Prosecutor General Shokin. President Trump and Rudy Giuliani have cited that boast repeatedly as proof that Biden admitted pushing for Shokin’s firing, even though Biden was calling for the prosecutor to be fired because he wasn’t pursuing corruption cases vigorously enough. In the CFR appearance, Biden makes the comments in the context of expressing his concern that Ukraine still was not getting tough enough on corruption. “I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a bitch. (Laughter.) He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.” Biden continued, “So they made some genuine substantial changes institutionally and with people. But … there’s now some backsliding.” (Biden had boasted about this episode in an interview in Aug. 2016.)

The EU as a whole was calling for Ukraine to fire Shokin. The US joined their voice. Getting tough on Ukraine's corruption was a multifaceted, multi nation movement, and Shokin, the prosecutor general, wasn't doing **** about it.

Hopefully you looked at that, and tried to digest it. But what it illustrates is the US threatened to withhold $1B unless Ukraine replaced a useless piece that simply isn't leading investigations to help stop corruption effectively. Biden was just the mouthpiece. And remember; the EU started it, the US just helped enforce it.

When the US(Biden as the mouthpiece) joined with other countries(the EU) to draw out and end corruption using the authority of the United States to help end corruption. Dawnie, using the power of the United States(while not supported by the EU, and to the ire of a few officials that stepped down) threatened to withhold $400M(and possibly more) to find dirt on his next political rival.

One worked with many countries to help end corruption in Ukraine. The other worked by himself, against advice and opinion of many of his staff, to get an upper hand in the next election.

I don’t want to get an infraction for showing trump’s last tweet but y’all should check it out. He’s a few days away from talking at portraits.