What's new

The **OFFICIAL** Rudy Gobert is awesome how did he fall to the 27th pick? Thread

If he could add more weight/strength and plays with a high motor and focus, I think Eiffel Tower has the upside to become Omer Asik. First a backup but in three or for years an average starter at the Center position.

I'm crushing hard over Rudy.

[video=youtube_share;FXSgw_epvDc]https://youtu.be/FXSgw_epvDc

Thank you Sloan for pushing for this guy

if McCollum and/or Larkin has a terrific sumer league what will that do for Jazzfanz and Trey?

don't forget Schroeder. Sure JF will be filled with we should have drafted ______ over Trey. In the end they maybe right,
but these SL games won't be but a tiny piece of picture.

Personally, I think Trey will be in the least a fine starter in this league. He is a leader, and a hard worker.
He'll adjust, and improve with better spacing, and players. The only question in my mind is
will he be a star in this league or just a good quality starter.

I will hold off the celebration until after a few Lost Vegas Summer League Games.

Speaking of which---if McCollum and/or Larkin has a terrific sumer league what will that do for Jazzfanz and Trey?

don't forget Schroeder. Sure JF will be filled with we should have drafted ______ over Trey. In the end they maybe right,
but these SL games won't be but a tiny piece of picture.

Personally, I think Trey will be in the least a fine starter in this league. He is a leader, and a hard worker.
He'll adjust, and improve with better spacing, and players. The only question in my mind is
will he be a star in this league or just a good quality starter.

I still don't think we have anything to fear:

- McCollum, he was a senior right? So naturally he has at least 1-2 years on Burke experience wise, Burke can still catch up to him. Plus I do think we need a true PG who's quick and nimble to run our offense (Lowe kept saying Burke needs to push the pace, etc)

- Larkin, he'll have to be twice the player Burke is OFFENSIVELY to make up for his deficiency at the DEFENSIVE END.

- Schroeder, obviously I like him a lot. However, I do think that Burke is a better fit for our team with front court heavy players (because Burke is a better shooter). Also deep down inside I do think that our young group of guys needs someone who is a leader, I'm just not sure Schroeder is that guy. He's a good fit with the Hawks with strong leaders there already in Horford & Millsap.

=====================================

In conclusion, I think in many levels, Burke is a GREAT fit for our team... he just needs to make those 3 pointers drop and get used to NBA speed of play... once those thing happen, everything should come a bit easier for him. (he has shown noticeable improvements over the 4 games IMO).

Don't forget how long it took Hayward & Favors to come a long, let alone Burks.... the least we could do is give Burke the time & patience he deserves.

I believe that the pick and roll with quality big men is going to be HUGE difference maker in how we view Burke's game. Having good 3 point shooters on the wings in Hayward and Rush will also allow him more daylight to operate. Summer League ball is way too cramped and chaotic. I would suspect that most pure point guards are going to struggle with that environment. He will be an afterthought in drawing up plans to stop the Utah Jazz, and should be able to play more freely. Look for Hayward, Favors and Kanter to struggle more this year as the inverse will be true for them.

Oh, and Gobert is now my favorite player in the Association. I will be putting together a post where we can all track Gobert's meteoric rise to the top rungs of the 58 dudes have ever suited up for the Utah Jazz in a real game. I'm gathering the stats, and will be ranking the players so we can watch as Gobert blows right past them. Talk about your peanut gallery of stiffs. Also, surprisingly, Luther Wright will not be the first center Gobert passes. Rep to whoever can name the Jazz center with the least on court production ever as a Jazzman. (Hint- he is a Hall of Famer.)

Oh, and Gobert is now my favorite player in the Association. I will be putting together a post where we can all track Gobert's meteoric rise to the top rungs of the 58 dudes have ever suited up for the Utah Jazz in a real game. I'm gathering the stats, and will be ranking the players so we can watch as Gobert blows right past them. Talk about your peanut gallery of stiffs. Also, surprisingly, Luther Wright will not be the first center Gobert passes. Rep to whoever can name the Jazz center with the least on court production ever as a Jazzman. (Hint- he is a Hall of Famer.)

Kyrylo Fesenko

This post brought to you by UGLI baby

Also, surprisingly, Luther Wright will not be the first center Gobert passes. Rep to whoever can name the Jazz center with the least on court production ever as a Jazzman. (Hint- he is a Hall of Famer.)

I believe that would be Walt Bellamy in his like 3 games as a Jazzman

Rudy Gobert most impressive stat...

TO PG = 0.2
And a 5:1 AST:TO ratio

Kid turned the ball over once in 5 games.... pretty impressive considering the type of helter-skelter play during summer league

uhh, Tom Chambers?

Rudy Gobert most impressive stat...

TO PG = 0.2
And a 5:1 AST:TO ratio

Kid turned the ball over once in 5 games.... pretty impressive considering the type of helter-skelter play during summer league

Really impressed with how he had very good composure and he doesn't bring the ball down, kept it up, and finish it strong.

Ben10 gets it.

Walt Bellamy, 1974 New Orleans Jazz, 1 game, 14 minutes, 6 points, 100% from the field.

Still take that over anything we got from Amaechi.

Also freakin' scary that Ben10 knew that.

Ben10 gets it.

Walt Bellamy, 1974 New Orleans Jazz, 1 game, 14 minutes, 6 points, 100% from the field.

Still take that over anything we got from Amaechi.

Also freakin' scary that Ben10 knew that.

If anyone's scary it's you bro... the combination of your username and avatar is pretty out there..

>__>