What's new

The *OFFICIAL* Russia Is About To Invade Ukraine Thread

Like I've said, you're no religious apologist for Jesus, and the pro-Russian political parties, commie or otherwise have been banned since 1991, reformed, banned again. That's around 30% to 40% of the total population, including some winners and former Presidents.

Poroshenko is a Ukranian nationalist, and Zelensky is a puppet for an oligarch with anti-Russian views,and Zelensky has indeed formally ebraced outright Nazi sujpporters. The pro-Russian OPFL leader Medvedchuk has been arrested, escaped, and re-arrested. Another pro-Russian leader was charged with treason some years ago.

I'm still learning. I might have better information soon, and if anyone in here wants to give me some impartial or objective information, many thanks. To Hell with the advocacy crap.

The aspect I find so interesting is that Russia's official narrative on the incident says Ukraine had nothing to do with the sinking of the Moskva and that it was an accidental fire which set off some ammunition. All of these people on Russian state-run media are being allowed (compelled?) to call for retaliation against Ukraine for the Moskva sinking.

The aspect I find so interesting is that Russia's official narrative on the incident says Ukraine had nothing to do with the sinking of the Moskva and that it was an accidental fire which set off some ammunition. All of these people on Russian state-run media are being allowed (compelled?) to call for retaliation against Ukraine for the Moskva sinking.

That seems rather contradictory of them

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

That seems rather contradictory of them

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
For sure.

Also, it is a very basic principle of warship design that you protect the ammo magazine(s) from things like simple shipboard fires.

It wasn't my area at all but I did go into the ammo magazine of the Nimitz a time or two and it is a very purpose built space with many very strictly adhered to ways of arranging things, securing things, ways your uniform is worn, etc.. There are massive double blast doors and the entire room is heavily armored. Besides that there is a system that would be activated if there was even the slightest danger of fire getting to the ammo magazine that requires all people leave and an inert gas floods the room displacing the oxygen and all but making the spread of fire in that room impossible. Once the system is activated you either get out of the room or you die, as they will not hold off on activation because you're in there. Same oxygen displacement system is in place for other things like paints, chemicals, fuels.

There is almost no chance a simple fire caused the ammo magazine to explode. Less than 1%.

So far Zelenskyy is absolutely killing it in how he is leading this effort. Dude has gained major respect in all this. He is showing what a national leader should be and do in these circumstances. So much better than anything we have called a leader in a long time. I'd vote for him. Maybe we need more comedians as political leaders.

For sure.

Also, it is a very basic principle of warship design that you protect the ammo magazine(s) from things like simple shipboard fires.

It wasn't my area at all but I did go into the ammo magazine of the Nimitz a time or two and it is a very purpose built space with many very strictly adhered to ways of arranging things, securing things, ways your uniform is worn, etc.. There are massive double blast doors and the entire room is heavily armored. Besides that there is a system that would be activated if there was even the slightest danger of fire getting to the ammo magazine that requires all people leave and an inert gas floods the room displacing the oxygen and all but making the spread of fire in that room impossible. Once the system is activated you either get out of the room or you die, as they will not hold off on activation because you're in there. Same oxygen displacement system is in place for other things like paints, chemicals, fuels.

There is almost no chance a simple fire caused the ammo magazine to explode. Less than 1%.
And I can't see how it would be a better look for the Russian Navy that their flagship was destroyed by basic incompetence. As was pointed out, this is almost certainly the first time in modern history that a flagship was sunk by a country that doesn't have a navy.

Last edited:
So far Zelenskyy is absolutely killing it in how he is leading this effort. Dude has gained major respect in all this. He is showing what a national leader should be and do in these circumstances. So much better than anything we have called a leader in a long time. I'd vote for him. Maybe we need more comedians as political leaders.
The Democrats did have one as an up and coming politician serving as a senator but based on their principles (what the Trumpers call "wokeness") they pushed him out of office.

I believe a factual analysis of the timeline would show that Russia initially said it was an onboard fire and tried to evacuate crew and then tow it back to a secure port. They said they would investigate the cause of the "fire". I think that meant they wanted find, retrieve,and analyze the missiles which apparently escaped detection somehow. That is a responsible line of thought that does not make assumptions. Fact-based, really.

When it sank and the hope of proving the identity of the missiles sank with it, it was no longer a needed line of reason. Don't think for a second that Russians ever thought it was anything else. However, proving the type of missle would have some potential repercussions.

The Russians believe it was a new American missle launched by US personnel and guided by US technology under US hands. In other words, they want to prove direct US military attack here.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
Still looking for more......

• Dislike
I'm learning, still.

Here's Wikipedia on the 2004 election,which was----LOL---won by Russia despite personal trips to Ukraine by Kissinger, Brezeinski, and other western influencers. The USA "lost" that election.

Look at the massive evident fraud on both sides. Depending on who controlled the voting apparatus, 80% to 90% of the counted "ballots" went to the counting officials.

We have made this poor damned country the victim of international interests, manifest by pro-Western, or Western-bribed oligarchs vs. Russian-bribed oligarchs.

I'm learning, still.

Here's Wikipedia on the 2004 election,which was----LOL---won by Russia despite personal trips to Ukraine by Kissinger, Brezeinski, and other western influencers. The USA "lost" that election.

Look at the massive evident fraud on both sides. Depending on who controlled the voting apparatus, 80% to 90% of the counted "ballots" went to the counting officials.

We have made this poor damned country the victim of international interests, manifest by pro-Western, or Western-bribed oligarchs vs. Russian-bribed oligarchs.
and that's why we fight wars????

I actually sort of love that in a war to end the existence of Ukraine as a nation Russia has now repeatedly taken offence to their adversary fighting back in a way they feel exceeds the scope that they would prefer the war to be confined to.

Is there a name for that? I know there is a saying, "beggars can't be choosers" but this is a little different than that, but sort of along the same lines.

It's like the school bully comes up and hits you with a blindside from behind but when you catch him in the nose with an elbow as you turn to face him he tells you that it was dirty of you to use an elbow. Of course as he's saying this you punch him in the jaw, kick him in his diaphragm and push him into the fountain. Then he runs off to tell on you.

Oh Russia... At least in WWII France wasn't exposed as a paper tiger because they attacked their neighbor. Putin is so misinformed about his military capability that he thought he could roll Ukraine in a matter of weeks. Putin doesn't need to worry about NATO, Putin needs to worry about his corrupt generals and intelligence officers and political elites. That place is rotten to the core.

I actually sort of love that in a war to end the existence of Ukraine as a nation Russia has now repeatedly taken offence to their adversary fighting back in a way they feel exceeds the scope that they would prefer the war to be confined to.

Is there a name for that? I know there is a saying, "beggars can't be choosers" but this is a little different than that, but sort of along the same lines.

It's like the school bully comes up and hits you with a blindside from behind but when you catch him in the nose with an elbow as you turn to face him he tells you that it was dirty of you to use an elbow. Of course as he's saying this you punch him in the jaw, kick him in his diaphragm and push him into the fountain. Then he runs off to tell on you.

Oh Russia... At least in WWII France wasn't exposed as a paper tiger because they attacked their neighbor. Putin is so misinformed about his military capability that he thought he could roll Ukraine in a matter of weeks. Putin doesn't need to worry about NATO, Putin needs to worry about his corrupt generals and intelligence officers and political elites. That place is rotten to the core.
Let's be clear here, EVERYONE, with the possible (but not certain) exception of Ukraine thought Russia would make them their bitca within a matter of days. We're at almost 2 months, and it's becoming increasingly likely that Ukraine will out-and-out win. Not just hold out, but actually send the Russians crying home to their babushka. They're doing this with a lot of (financial and arms) help from pretty much every other country that isn't China, but, still, Ukrainians are the only ones who have been actually pulling the triggers.

In fairness its pretty bad form on the part of Ukraine not sticking to Putin's script. Its the problem with dictators and a lot of modern power structures, people won't tell truth to power. Putin would have cherry picked the intel that suited him, much like Bush did in Iraq. Strong democracies and societies need independent technocrats providing sound advice to decision makers. One of the former strengths of our democracy was that the heads of the public service were completely independent from politicians, well at least they could not be removed by them, they served a higher loyalty to the state and nation, also meant they would not cover for lying politicians. I miss those days...

Let's be clear here, EVERYONE, with the possible (but not certain) exception of Ukraine thought Russia would make them their bitca within a matter of days. We're at almost 2 months, and it's becoming increasingly likely that Ukraine will out-and-out win. Not just hold out, but actually send the Russians crying home to their babushka. They're doing this with a lot of (financial and arms) help from pretty much every other country that isn't China, but, still, Ukrainians are the only ones who have been actually pulling the triggers.
At present there are about 30,000 non-Ukreainian (Western) "volunteers" pulling triggers. Many have been there for years. On the other side, the separatists had many as well. Many Russians, including most likely "re-identified Russian personnel claiming to be "separatists, and thousands who relocated from western Ukraine to eastern Ukraine. Our CIA has been supplying and training units just like we did in "Charlie Wilson's War" for a decade already.

It's clear that Putin faces internal opposition in Russia. Despite his policies that have tried to keep out "Western" influencers and limit that influence, many Russians are pretty "modern", rejecting Russian nationalism and communist ideology as well. Looking at Putin's foreign allies like Hezbollah, Iran, Venezuela you'd have to wonder who he is. Outright marxist ideologues in Venequela, and Nazi remnants sruling in Iran. And terrorists. But he complained about Obama funding ISIS with permitting oil sales controlled and bennefiting ISIS. And then there is John Brennan, literally a Putin "buddy" while he was in R;ussia, who went straight to Putin with "news". If we were going to "prove" Russian meddling in US Elections, you have to go to Hillary Clinton as the main beneficiary, and funder, of the effort.

Putin has rightly seen the intent from the West to remove him and replace him with a Western-compliant actor.

The Ukraine War didn't happen for four years because Trump was elected. This would all have happened just the same if Hillary had won, in 2016.

This war is about money, sure, but about oil and the green revolution and who will run the coming Fascist world order.

When you see reports of Kissinger and Brezinski trying to help politicians in Ukraine in 2004, you are seeing modern Fascism in action.

• Dislike