What's new

The *OFFICIAL* Russia Is About To Invade Ukraine Thread

Crazy how dismissive people are over death and destruction of a sovereign country by an oppressive aggressor, but have no problem lamenting the destruction of an AMMUNITION DEPOT of the invader that is used to destroy and terrorize the invaded country.

Last edited:
Crazy how dismissive people are over death and destruction of a sovereign country by an oppressive aggressor, but have no problem lamenting the destruction of an AMMUNITION DEPOT of the invader that is used to destroy and terrorize the invaded country.
And it’s Russia’s army being ground into dust without a single NATO soldier engaged in the fighting.

Win win!

I wish President Biden would provide them with some longer range weapons. I get that there are concerns with Ukraine using them. Perhaps we’ve resisted providing them as some sort of bargaining chip with the Kremlin? Like, we won’t provide them as long as Russia doesn’t blow up a nuclear power plant or something like that? But I’d like to see Ukraine given much more support to end this war faster and retake all of its land.

And it’s Russia’s army being ground into dust without a single NATO soldier engaged in the fighting.

Win win!

I wish President Biden would provide them with some longer range weapons. I get that there are concerns with Ukraine using them. Perhaps we’ve resisted providing them as some sort of bargaining chip with the Kremlin? Like, we won’t provide them as long as Russia doesn’t blow up a nuclear power plant or something like that? But I’d like to see Ukraine given much more support to end this war faster and retake all of its land.

Russia’s been ****ing around for years and now for the last two they’ve been in the “find out” phase. We shouldn’t let them off easily. Give Ukraine clusters, F16s, and ATACMS. Teach this ******* country (and China to a certain extent) a lesson it’ll never forget. For far too long western democracies have been tolerant of Russia. We’ve looked the other way while they’ve invaded other countries, assassinated dissenters while living in our countries, or interfered with our elections. This has been a long time coming! I certainly hope western democracies don’t relent until every last Russian soldier leaves Ukraine.

Once again, Russia could always end this. They could leave Ukraine today and this would end. They could serve Putin’s head on a pike, leave Ukraine, and work to join the rest of us in the 21st century if they desired.

Win win!

To be fair, Ukraine is paying a very high price for their independence and for their land, too... but they chose that path for themselves last year and for the last 30+ years they've been choosing the path toward the west and towards liberal democracy and IMO the civilized world has a moral obligation to support them in their attempt to throw out the invaders as much as possible. I won't pretend to be some war expert and I don't know all the considerations that go into providing specific weapons at specific times, but yes, in general my opinion is that USA/NATO/EU should provide Ukraine with the means to defend their territory and expel every single Russian invader out of their country.

As a citizen of an EU and NATO country, and one of the countries that in the past was 'graced' by the Soviet sphere of influence, I can hardly find a more worthy cause for my tax money to be spent on.

Last edited:
Don't do meth kids. Most modern meth is P2P meth and it can cause mental illness in weeks. You do a line, and it gives you energy but it does brain damage so quickly that it takes almost no time before you are a homeless man yelling at trash cans or going online to claim people are lamenting the destruction of an ammunition depot. It is seriously bad stuff.

I agree that using using cluster munitions in a foreign country is immoral. I'm mixed on Ukraine using it to fight the Russian invasion.
One thing I think we are clear on though....... If russia doesn't invade then the cluster munitions dont get used.

Last edited:
One think I think we are clear on though....... If russia doesn't invade then the cluster munitions dont get used.
Duh… I don’t think we’ve solved time travel yet, so here we are. Maybe we should deal in reality and not impossible scenarios. The US is committing war crimes with nord stream and now with sending cluster bombs. What is the point of “saving” a country that will be covered in uranium rounds and cluster bombs. The population in Ukraine will be totally depleted and those that survive will live in a hellscape of radiation and undetonated cluster bombs that will kill and maim children and civilians for generations.

Is it “moral” to win at all costs? Are you just going to shrug your shoulders when we start sending nukes?

If we were going to start arresting and prosecuting former presidents this is the kind of **** we should be prosecuting them for. Committing war crimes, escalating conflicts, creating enormous ecological disasters like blowing up nordstream, creating generational humanitarian crisis, etc. We have a president doing all of this, and we have a former president that started a freaking torture program, but we prosecute one for having documents at his house. How do people not see through any of this?

If we were going to start arresting and prosecuting former presidents this is the kind of **** we should be prosecuting them for. Committing war crimes, escalating conflicts, creating enormous ecological disasters like blowing up nordstream, creating generational humanitarian crisis, etc. We have a president doing all of this, and we have a former president that started a freaking torture program, but we prosecute one for having documents at his house. How do people not see through any of this?
Wait, Biden blew up nordstream? Im gonna need a link. Personally i dont think biden even has the ability or smarts to do something like that.

Duh… I don’t think we’ve solved time travel yet, so here we are. Maybe we should deal in reality and not impossible scenarios. The US is committing war crimes with nord stream and now with sending cluster bombs. What is the point of “saving” a country that will be covered in uranium rounds and cluster bombs. The population in Ukraine will be totally depleted and those that survive will live in a hellscape of radiation and undetonated cluster bombs that will kill and maim children and civilians for generations.

Is it “moral” to win at all costs? Are you just going to shrug your shoulders when we start sending nukes?
Wait, Did america bomb russia with cluster bombs?. Dang it, im gonna need another link.

The US is committing war crimes with nord stream and now with sending cluster bombs.
Sending a cluster bomb is not a war crime. Usiing them in an invasion is

What is the point of “saving” a country that will be covered in uranium rounds and cluster bombs.
The Ukrainians think there is a point. Who are you to claim you know better than they?

Is it “moral” to win at all costs?
In a fight for your existence, you are morally permitted actions you would not be justified in taking elsewise.

Are you just going to shrug your shoulders when we start sending nukes?
If that happens (and I see that a very unlikely), I'll join you in condemning it.

It's not that you're wrong. It's that you're so arrogant that you think we disagree here. The reality is that committing war crimes, escalating conflicts, creating enormous ecological disasters like blowing up nordstream, creating generational humanitarian crisis, etc., are what the US expects President's to do, and showing off nuclear secrets to impress visitors is not what we expect.

It's not that you're wrong. It's that you're so arrogant that you think we disagree here. The reality is that committing war crimes, escalating conflicts, creating enormous ecological disasters like blowing up nordstream, creating generational humanitarian crisis, etc., are what the US expects President's to do, and showing off nuclear secrets to impress visitors is not what we expect.
Really...? So your saying that folks here see through the Trump prosecution?

Sending a cluster bomb is not a war crime. Usiing them in an invasion is
I would certainly prefer if we weren't relying on technicalities when it comes to involvement and willingness for our military to accomplice/contribute to war crimes and the destruction of our planet.
The Ukrainians think there is a point. Who are you to claim you know better than they?
Have you seen surveys from Ukrainians with overwhelming support for this war? It certainly is difficult to find anything. I would personally be very interested in knowing how many Ukrainian citizens would support peace efforts?