What's new

The *OFFICIAL* Russia Is About To Invade Ukraine Thread

He goes into exile?
We'll see. I knew that having Wagner's fighting force all sent to Africa was part of the deal and knew Prigozhin wouldn't be in Moscow, but the men who control the Ministry of Defense, Ministry of the Interior, and FSB control Russia. The head of the Ministry of Defense did resign. The person to fill that now empty seat will be a thing to watch.

No.

Peace = Russia leaving Ukraine.
You're just a blood thirsty war monger! You're only happy if the Ukraine people get their country back! You don't care about so-called "peace" at all! You're a monster! You'd rather kill all the Ukrainian people than just simply give up 1/3 of their country! How dare you!

“This event has significantly weakened Putin's grip on his own system. It has significantly weakened his ability to prosecute the war. It has created chaos among the millions of Russian civil servants on whose shoulders this regime stands…. I think that the Putin regime, as we knew it, is over, and something new is starting in Russia. Maybe, by the way, worse, although it's difficult to imagine something worse, especially if you are Ukrainian. But I do not think we can presume anymore that Putin is in full control of the country and that he is really the master of his fate.”

“This event has significantly weakened Putin's grip on his own system. It has significantly weakened his ability to prosecute the war. It has created chaos among the millions of Russian civil servants on whose shoulders this regime stands…. I think that the Putin regime, as we knew it, is over, and something new is starting in Russia. Maybe, by the way, worse, although it's difficult to imagine something worse, especially if you are Ukrainian. But I do not think we can presume anymore that Putin is in full control of the country and that he is really the master of his fate.”
I think it depends on if he impales the body of Prigozhin on a spike and displays it in Red Square. If he doesn't do that, at least metaphorically, he's weak in the eyes of the other people in power, who has has brought up around him to believe that might is right. If he does give a very convincing "This is what happens when you cross me," well, he might buy himself a couple of years, but, really, we all knew he was willing to kill for his position. It's just a question of if he will kill your grandchildren, too.

I think it depends on if he impales the body of Prigozhin on a spike and displays it in Red Square. If he doesn't do that, at least metaphorically, he's weak in the eyes of the other people in power, who has has brought up around him to believe that might is right. If he does give a very convincing "This is what happens when you cross me," well, he might buy himself a couple of years, but, really, we all knew he was willing to kill for his position. It's just a question of if he will kill your grandchildren, too.

The Soviet Union has moved on from the simple torture of Vlad. Traditions shift, during the early Soviet era a Makarov round to the back of the head in a pig shed would have been appropriate but what's really required is a proper show trial. You know nine defendants in the dock confessing to sabotage, counter revolutionary motives and Trotskyism. My bet is that hell be poisoned like all the others.

Just for fun read Arthur Koestler's Darkness at Noon, my username is taken from the novels protagonist, great novel on the psychology of Stalinist torture.

But yeah Putin is definitely weakened its like when you have your first leadership spill in a political party, even if the leader survives his days are generally numbered.

Is peace in the form of a peace deal starting to look any better to you folks yet?
A peace deal like the Minsk deal from 2014 that Russia immediately broke? Like the START nuclear weapons treaty this Russian government broke earlier this year? Like the deal Putin made with Prigozhin to stop the march north, and now Putin is breaking after a few days?

I would say a peace deal is looking dumber than ever. This Russia does not honor agreements. Putin's government signs agreements only to get themselves out of an immediate jam, then break the deal the moment the imminent peril abates. Russia will only negotiate when Ukraine seriously threatens a thing they hold as critical to their existence, and Russia will reinitiate hostilities the moment they believe the threat has been mitigated to a tolerable level.

2033 -- Mogilev, Belarus -- Imperial Palace Hotel

Prigozhin: "Hi I'd like a room for the night."
Hotel Clerk: "Very well, sir, what type of room would you like?"
P: "No windows!"
HC: "Sir, all of our rooms have windows."
P: "I'll pay double, just board up the windows, twice."
HC: "I'm not sure..."
P: "Just ****ing do it! I'll pay 10 times the normal rate. I just can't be near any window, ever."
HC: Picks up the desk phone "Hi boss, this is Arkady at the front desk, I have a man here who will only stay in a room with no windows or if the windows are boarded up."
Boss: "Who is this guest?"
HC: Attention back on Prigozhin, "Sir, may I ask you name?"
P: "I'm Yevgeny Prigozhin."
HC: Back on the phone "He is Mr. Yevgeny Prigohzin, sir."
B: "Ahhh, I understand. Tell Mr. Prigozhin that we will take care of this immediately and that we much appreciate his patronage."
HC: "Mr. Prigohzin, we will take care of the issue immediately and you room will be ready soon. We appreciate that you have chosen to stay with us. Would you care for a complimentary beverage at the bar and maybe something to eat?"
P: "I only eat and drink food that I purchased myself, after wandering randomly for more than an hour, from a shop that I have never been to before, thank you."

ROOM WITHOUT A VIEW

Wagner Group chief Prigozhin holed up in windowless hotel to avoid being assassinated by vengeful Putin​

ROOM WITHOUT A VIEW

Wagner Group chief Prigozhin holed up in windowless hotel to avoid being assassinated by vengeful Putin​

lol. good on him. I didn't think readers of the sun cared where Russian political prisoners hid unless they had big ****?

(sorry stolen joke from yes minister)