What's new

The *OFFICIAL* Russia Is About To Invade Ukraine Thread

If you remove "CFR", I agree completely.

The fact that the CFR is mostly a collection of ignoramuses duped into joining club as a means of pretending to be significant or educated or sophisticated means you have a point, maybe even proves you are right on that point.

But it is still the waterhole where our establishment tries to pass it's stuff off on the damned public.

As such, whatever Biden and his team has got going on, it is used to spread that word.

When it comes to war mongering, the establishment party (that is, the party of Democrats and Republicans) has always had the media to spread the message.
It’s true.

No one wants to address this because it means we can’t just throw our weight around the world. It means we have to collaborate with others. It puts yourself or your party as being soft or unsupportive of the armed forces.

It means we have to collaborate with others.
We do collaborate with others. We make weapons and collaborate with other nations to take their money in exchange for delivering some of those weapons. The manufacturers of those weapons then collaborate with the reelection campaigns of politicians in the form of campaign funds. The campaigns collaborate with media by making massive campaign advertisement purchases with the campaign funds. We're all one big happy boat of collaboration.

Here's something about Russia with relevance today. I listened for two hours to his daughter, I think, or daugher in law, on Coast toa coast. The discussion was about Russia and the Ukraine,with historical insights.

So, that is a hard read, virtually a Q&A biography.

The lady on the radio spoke of a lifetime of experience in Russia, of a relative who was a founder of the OSS during WWII.

I believe she thought Gorbachev was our best-ever hope for a Russia that would assimilate into the West, a prospect that faded when we broke our promises to Gorbachev in the early 1990s. Putin is not an ideologue any more than Trump is, but a traditional Russian leader who is working within historical Russian trends. Russian democracy is as far away as Czarist history. But he believes good relations with neighbors are essential to a kind of sphere of influence around Russia. Hej is reacting to Western aggression into that sphere.

The large Russian minority in Ukraine favors any successful political leader to favor good relations with Russia, not the West. Putin might help that minority stand their ground, but it is not even the idea that Russia will take that ground.

More likely, we will see Western-back fascist groups set up provocations and try to make hay politically within the Ukraine by undermining a moderate political figure.

A new globalist agenda might try to just include Russia into NATO to balance China if necessary.

Last edited:
Everyone seems so sure that Putin wants to invade Ukraine. It is possible he does but I really think he is after something else, and no it is not a NATO guarantee. I don't think he cares about that either and he knows Ukraine stands zero chance of convincing Europe to let them in to NATO.

I think there is a good chance that what Putin wanted all along is money. His military exercises on the border of Ukraine have spiked global oil prices by 15%. Roughly 40% of Russia's entire federal budget is from oil and gas revenues. Raising global oil prices by 15% just raised the amount of money flowing in to Russian government accounts by 15% and all it took was sending the military to conduct some drills on the border where the satellites could take pictures of them for CNN to broadcast to the world.

As a bonus, it also really hurts the United States because it drives inflation. Putin thanks you for your panic.

Raising global oil prices by 15% just raised the amount of money flowing in to Russian government accounts by 15% ...
I'm not sure how much of that price change you can credit to Putin, Russia doesn't supply even a twentieth of the world supply. Also, you'd have to subtract the cost of the maneuvers themselves.

I agree that a larger-scale invasion seems unlikely.

I'm not sure how much of that price change you can credit to Putin, Russia doesn't supply even a twentieth of the world supply. Also, you'd have to subtract the cost of the maneuvers themselves.

Sorry for the dumb question: is the price same per barrel when buying oil in big quantities whether from Russia or Saudi Arabia or USA? If yes, then probably Russia benefits anyway?

The cost of manouvers is probably much cheaper in Russia than in USA. A la moving troops from Vladivostok to Rostov vs from Anchorage to Miami? In Russia Army can probably do what they want (if it suits to Putin and oligarchs) unlike in USA. What will happen (or who will or will not block) should some US top level army general (or POTUS) decide to do some sudden military drills in middle of the Manhattan or just walk in to the main mormon church in SLC and create a temporary headquarter for drills?

Everyone seems so sure that Putin wants to invade Ukraine. It is possible he does but I really think he is after something else, and no it is not a NATO guarantee. I don't think he cares about that either and he knows Ukraine stands zero chance of convincing Europe to let them in to NATO.

I think there is a good chance that what Putin wanted all along is money. His military exercises on the border of Ukraine have spiked global oil prices by 15%. Roughly 40% of Russia's entire federal budget is from oil and gas revenues. Raising global oil prices by 15% just raised the amount of money flowing in to Russian government accounts by 15% and all it took was sending the military to conduct some drills on the border where the satellites could take pictures of them for CNN to broadcast to the world.

As a bonus, it also really hurts the United States because it drives inflation. Putin thanks you for your panic.

What a very very bad boy you are.

Thinking Putin is just outsmarting Biden. wow.

nah, I'm sure he's feeling his oats about oil right now, but he's perfectly serious about his security sphere.

Last edited:

This is I believe the most incredibly stupid thing you've ever said in here.

And that was before Biden shut us down. Today, no doubt, Russian is #1.

Last edited:
Wait, you trust wiki and believe this information?
Wiki is vetted by the best keyboard warriors working out of their secret labs in their mom's basement. How can we go wrong there? You are so misinformed. lololol

I didn't hear this on the news today. How old is the incident referred to above, and how can we know it's Russia not a false flag Ukranian provocation?

Last edited: