What's new

The *OFFICIAL* Russia Is About To Invade Ukraine Thread

One story that isn't getting a lot of press is how many Americans are fighting in Ukraine. According to Ukrainian President Zelenskyy they number in the "thousands".

Technically it is a crime for Americans to go to Ukraine to kill Russians. It is a violation of the Neutrality Act but no one seriously believes any of these Americans will be prosecuted upon their return.

Would have to be a federal prosecution and I’m sure they won’t bother with those optics when there’s no ROI in it.

isn’t it nice again to have a president who accurately describes Putin?

I couldn’t stand how Donald would constantly worship the world’s worst scum.

One story that isn't getting a lot of press is how many Americans are fighting in Ukraine. According to Ukrainian President Zelenskyy they number in the "thousands".

Technically it is a crime for Americans to go to Ukraine to kill Russians. It is a violation of the Neutrality Act but no one seriously believes any of these Americans will be prosecuted upon their return.

If fighting against Russia (or what-whoever inside the Ukraine) is not illegal according the law of Ukraine - then what kind of US (state) law it violates? Officially, Russia has not even declared a a war against Ukraine? And how PRECISE/specific is that Neutrality Act? I.e is it OK to use a firearm but not hit/wound/kill somebody? What about being a driver, engineer, hacker, medic etc. Or killing a chechen, syrian etc.

how PRECISE/specific is that Neutrality Act?
18 U.S.C. § 960

"Whoever, within the United States, knowingly begins or sets on foot or provides or prepares a means for or furnishes the money for, or takes part in, any military or naval expedition or enterprise to be carried on from thence against the territory or dominion of any foreign prince or state, or of any colony, district, or people with whom the United States is at peace, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

It doesn't matter than Russia hasn't declared war, only that the United States is formally at peace with Russia at the time the military enterprise is being carried out by American citizens against Russia.

Chilling…

“The speed of Russia’s transformation to Soviet-style “self-purification” has been astonishing. When Russia invaded Ukraine last month, state TV went to wall-to-wall propaganda blaming Ukrainian “neo-Nazis” and “nationalists.” Now, shadowy pro-Putin figures are daubing the words “traitor to the motherland” on the doors of peace activists and others….

…..there is a thread of messianic rhetoric from top Russian officials, pro-Kremlin journalists, religious figures and academics, laying out the mission to revive Russian greatness. They revile Western liberalism and applaud conservative, authoritarian orthodoxy.

A prominently featured article on state-owned RIA Novosti news site by conservative commentator Pyotr Akopov bore the headline, “Russia of the future: Forward to the USSR.” He wrote that “the spirit of Russian history, the spirit of our ancestors gives us a chance not just to atone for the collapse of the Soviet Union. It gives us a chance to fix it through creation, through the rebirth of the great Russia.”

Calling for new Russocentric thinking, he argued that Russian intellectuals and oligarchs were mental slaves of the West, who wanted to copy it and reform Russia.

“What does this mean?” tweeted historian Ian Garner, who specializes in the study of Russian propaganda. “In sum: a rooting out of anyone accused of being ‘un-Russian’ in thinking or culture.”

Last edited:
18 U.S.C. § 960

"Whoever, within the United States, knowingly begins or sets on foot or provides or prepares a means for or furnishes the money for, or takes part in, any military or naval expedition or enterprise to be carried on from thence against the territory or dominion of any foreign prince or state, or of any colony, district, or people with whom the United States is at peace, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

It doesn't matter than Russia hasn't declared war, only that the United States is formally at peace with Russia at the time the military enterprise is being carried out by American citizens against Russia.
Seems like it matters if the planning happens in the US or not. So any ex-pats are probably safe, both legally and realistically, while anyone who went over there from here is probably only safe realistically.

Seems like it matters if the planning happens in the US or not. So any ex-pats are probably safe, both legally and realistically, while anyone who went over there from here is probably only safe realistically.
Theoretically - can US sue a US citizen even when he is talking to soldier?! Or is it specified in a law that this procedure is a military action and that procedure is not? Can the armed US citizen state, that "i was just wondering around and protecting myself"? What is difference of a US tourist and US person who drives in the same car with Ukraininan soldiers or medics? Should a US citizen operate alone in a Macgyver style (does not kill anybody, just causes havoc for those who are enemies of Ukraine in Ukraine) - is that also illegal ;-) ? Is it illegal for a US tourist in Ukraine to defend himself (whatever methods he should find suitable) against Russians?

Just use the Rittenhouse defense.

"I just armed up and went across state/international lines, into a conflict zone, I brought water for people, and as I moved into an active combat area I was attacked, so I defended myself. I have the right to self-defense, don't I?"

Just use the Rittenhouse defense.

"I just armed up and went across state/international lines, into a conflict zone, I brought water for people, and as I moved into an active combat area I was attacked, so I defended myself. I have the right to self-defense, don't I?"
Ouch

Chilling…

“The speed of Russia’s transformation to Soviet-style “self-purification” has been astonishing. When Russia invaded Ukraine last month, state TV went to wall-to-wall propaganda blaming Ukrainian “neo-Nazis” and “nationalists.” Now, shadowy pro-Putin figures are daubing the words “traitor to the motherland” on the doors of peace activists and others….

…..there is a thread of messianic rhetoric from top Russian officials, pro-Kremlin journalists, religious figures and academics, laying out the mission to revive Russian greatness. They revile Western liberalism and applaud conservative, authoritarian orthodoxy.

A prominently featured article on state-owned RIA Novosti news site by conservative commentator Pyotr Akopov bore the headline, “Russia of the future: Forward to the USSR.” He wrote that “the spirit of Russian history, the spirit of our ancestors gives us a chance not just to atone for the collapse of the Soviet Union. It gives us a chance to fix it through creation, through the rebirth of the great Russia.”

Calling for new Russocentric thinking, he argued that Russian intellectuals and oligarchs were mental slaves of the West, who wanted to copy it and reform Russia.

“What does this mean?” tweeted historian Ian Garner, who specializes in the study of Russian propaganda. “In sum: a rooting out of anyone accused of being ‘un-Russian’ in thinking or culture.”

While this war-fever rhetoric is understandable from an American values perspective, it is something entirely foreign when it is purposed to displace the United States as the leader of the Free World, so called, in favor of a China, Russian , or shall we say a Sioux, let alone a globalist perspective. You would do well if your values were patriotic or American "Nartionalist", but harfdly even come close to the ideas of the U.S. Constitution about human liberty or human rights where it can only be achieved byt limiting governmentg power.

I have said before that Putin is little different from Xi or our own leaders when it's all about the government and its power.

As for the predictable Russian nationalism coming out now, Russia is hardly unique today. China under Xi is propping up the same kind of authoritarian nationalism, and so are we, collectively and in particular our political parties. Our parties diverge on the specifics as parties of Russia and even Ukraine do, but it's all authoritarian totalitarian extremism. It applies equally, or more, to the globalists everywhere today. Their "nationalism" might be global is scope, but it is even more authoritarian and government power against people. As we have seen in this forum and media in general, the "cause" of the ideologies trumps people's rights and progresses towards marginalization of dissidents and systemic denial of basic rights.

Our current crop of emerging law graduates is so overwhelmingly "woke" it will be hard to get a fair trial if you're in any way out of step with the State.

You have made a huge issue of this with Trump, but you fail to look over your own shoulder in regards to the people you support.

I studied Russian literature in college, and loved much of it. There has been a "thing" in Russia about the West since there was a Russia. Catharine the Great build Odessa to push back on the Ottoman Empire and the British Commonwealth, who were at that time allies.

Dostoyevsky wrote patriotically about the goodness of the Russian soul and the corruption coming from the West. Including the Marxists. He was a devout Russian Orthodox believer in Christ, who marked his New Testament thoroughly.

Putin chose, whether sincere or not, to tap into all that.

Russians founded Kiev before there was a Ukraine. The area has been a crossroads for every civilization known to man, and everyone has left a mark and some blood, in the veins as well as in the soil. The Russians have a strong Viking past and are your cousins, Red. The Irish and the Russians have together warred against the English many times.

Theoretically - can US sue a US citizen even when he is talking to soldier?! Or is it specified in a law that this procedure is a military action and that procedure is not? Can the armed US citizen state, that "i was just wondering around and protecting myself"? What is difference of a US tourist and US person who drives in the same car with Ukraininan soldiers or medics? Should a US citizen operate alone in a Macgyver style (does not kill anybody, just causes havoc for those who are enemies of Ukraine in Ukraine) - is that also illegal ;-) ? Is it illegal for a US tourist in Ukraine to defend himself (whatever methods he should find suitable) against Russians?

Lets be honest US agencies will have assets on the ground in Ukraine. With the amount of intel being sent to Ukraine forces there would definitely be CIA and NSA, if not Deltas on the ground advising and protecting the Ukrainian leadership.

The resolve of the Ukrainian people and seemingly ineptness of Russia's military operations and strategy has been the most surprising element to me.

Anyone worried about Russia attacking other EU countries has been shown that the game they talk does not match the game they actually play.

The thing I do not understand is why the United States is slow-walking approval of delivering anti-ship missiles to Ukraine.

Ukraine was working on developing their own of which the first battalion was supposed to have been delivered next month but I think the Russians took them out.

The Naval Strike Missile is a Norwegian-built anti-ship missile the Ukrainians know how to use and NATO has plenty of them.

A big piece of the success Russia has had in the south of Ukraine, and where a lot of the munitions pounding Mariupol into dust are coming from, are Russian ships off the coast of Ukraine. NATO has the weapons and they would be put to defensive use, but as of yet any transfer of Naval Strike Missiles is being stopped by the US. I don't get it.

If trump was so hard on Putin then why is Russia state TV desiring trump to be president again?

And why is Donald asking for putin’s help? I thought Donald was tough on Putin?

Last edited:
I know nothing matters anymore and 35 percent of this country have lost their brains and will defend Donald over anything. But we’re in the middle of one of the worst events in recent European history and the former president is asking the world’s worst dictator, who Is slaughtering Ukrainians, to do him favors politically.

Trump just loves America! It's not just about him, he sacrifices himself and his own interests for his love of his country.

You're extra stupid