What's new

The official start Exum thread

♪alt13

Throw him to the Wolves

Wolf%2020130701.jpg

543559c59e167.image.jpg

Not Afeared

He should get more minutes as the season continues, but I don't think he's quite ready for the pressure of starting.

I'm pretty down on Burke right now though. He seems limited as a player and can really only score in a few situations, and defensively he gets overmatched as well.

I'm fine with waiting until the trade deadline and dealing Burke, then starting exum. I think exum is coming along well, and should probably get a little more experience before starting, but I think he would handle mostly anything well. I am so thrilled with the pick.

Trey 4 wiggins!

After Trey shut down Curry tonight, I think his value has skyrocketed. We might be able to get Bogut off of the Warriors... I bet they'd be happy to have the Curry-killer.

I agree with starting Exum. Don't care if he's not ready. Time to turn him loose and see what he can do. He's shown the ability to learn quickly. His court vision, passing, and defense are all significantly better than Burke. Good things tend to happen when Exum is on the court. Wasn't a fan of Deron Williams coming off the bench when he was a rookie when he was better than any of our other points.

Burke has been horrendous. He was handed the starting job by default last season. If he'd have been drafted by a better team he'd have played negligible minutes. Let him come off the bench and play backup minutes against second stringers; maybe his game will pick up, maybe he will still struggle. At least we will know. Right now, I'm more concerned about developing Exum, not worrying about Burke coming out of his slump. Honestly don't think Burke is a starter in this league.

If the argument that Exum should be brought along slowly from the bench has validity then it could have been used last season when Burke was given the starting job rather than coming off the bench.

On the Jazzfanz twitter feed thing, some nba writer guy says that if the jazz start Dante now, they will lose Trey as a player and as an asset. I agree. At this point it is about asset protection. Jazz gave up a season to get Trey, they need to get value in return.

Right now? No way. He is really coming along nicely in his reserve role. Keep his confidence high, and increase his playtime gradually.

If he is ready in a couple months, trade trey at the deadline, otherwise trade him in he season. We have a couple years until Dante is the man.

You trade him right when you get a decent offer from some fool. His value might be at its peak right now while teams still might think he can develop. If he continues to display this crap, the word will be out and his value will be nothing.

This really sucks that we traded up to get him. It's nice that we made up for it with Gobert, but still sucks.

No more listening to Dalamon's prayers.

It's really Dalamon that let us down.

Maybe Trey can still develop an inside midrange and outside game. Y'all are just haters.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

On the Jazzfanz twitter feed thing, some nba writer guy says that if the jazz start Dante now, they will lose Trey as a player and as an asset. I agree. At this point it is about asset protection. Jazz gave up a season to get Trey, they need to get value in return.

I disagree with this writer because of the type of person I think Trey is. I honestly think he has a chip on his shoulder and will play better when he has more to prove. Eventually I think he is a good 6th man anyway.

Also since when does any sophomore player get to demand being a starter.

Also also we have Burke for another 7 seasons(including this one) if we choose to keep him.

Why is keeping Trey as the backup PG not an option? I think Trey will make a good backup, at least. Let it play out. If Exum takes the starting spot then great. I have a feeling he will, but he will also struggle. We'll need Trey for the next 2 years as Exum develops. If Exum arrives, we have Trey to back him up, while retaining the felxibility to extend or cut him loose once his deal comes up.

The starting issue will be a non-issue. Unless both Trey and Exum succeed, or they're both terrible.