What's new

The Official: Swallow your pride front office and trade Conley for Love

How so? By being injured? His minutes have gone down and his numbers have a little as well, but his percentages are pretty much the same. I bet his per is pretty much identical.

Worse was too harsh from me, heck, he's probably playing better than Conley, but he's not playing very well. Alright on offense, but total *** defensively. For what would be a very marginal upgrade I just don't want his contract. I'll take a contract like that for a player that's actually playing well (CP3/Horford), but not for Love.

We didn't need Rubio for his shooting....we needed him for his passing and ball movement! Which he was excellent at!
Rubio brought intangibles that Conley, when shooting poorly does not. This was an unnecessary horizontal move that messed up a few other things.

When Conley was out injured the biggest hole on our team was shaped like a PF/C, not in any way shape like a PG. Now Conley is back, redundant as before, and we still have a huge hole at PF/C and Conley is doing nothing to make us any better or to fill that hole. I can't believe people can't see that. The irrational Conley love is ridiculous.

Obviously! Great insight.
I think you being sarcastic, but the biggest issue is defense right now, and especially how we matchup with the Clippers or Lakers on that end (guarding big and athletic forwards). Love is a big negative on that end and the offensive gains would be marginal.

At this point? Maybe low 40% and 36% from 3s. If he can keep defenses honest, it's a big plus for our offense, especially if he can shoot off the bounce. But yeah, he is been inconsistent as hell. The thing with Rubio is that he was left open by design, which ruined our whole spacing/offense. Even then, he would miss badly. At least with Conley he has to be defended.

That's a bit of the issue with Mudiay in the playoffs. His 3fg% is a bit misleading. He is left wide open and oftentimes he hesitates in taking the 3. He usually drives to his spot to hit a pull up mid ranger: teams will probably scheme against that and take it away.
So because we don't want a player being left open by design and hurt our offense, we wanna bring in a player who's forcing contested and ill-advised shots early in the shot clock that goes everything against our offensive flow? I mean, have you seen all those awkward iso/hero ball garbage that Conley threw up? Mudiay maybe a bad shooter but Conley isn't doing himself any justice with all these unconvincing plays either. We have zero doubt on FO's decision of going away from Rubio cuz his poor shooting did hurt our offense. But Conley is the wrong answer to address that issue. He just doesn't fit into our offense and his game will not translate

Last edited:
Imagine Bogey and Love playing side by side and thinking it's a good idea.

The path you are suggesting IS the conservative path. The risky move would be to move on from Conley (this is why there is only a small chance they will do it and it would be unexpected).

Trading Conley for bench pieces is not risky. It's dumb.

Trading Conley for CP3 would be risky and I'm all for it.

It is all about ceiling which is what a lot of people here like @The Thriller don't get. They are too focused on s*** like pay compared to production which is meaningless when you're a contending team. No contender out there is 40 mill under the cap with nothing but rookie scale deals. It's not 2k.

CP3 would give us a higher possible ceiling than Conley. Bench pieces would give us a significantly lower ceiling. Mudiay gives us a lower ceiling.

It is all about ceiling which is what a lot of people here like @The Thriller don't get. They are too focused on s*** like pay compared to production which is meaningless when you're a contending team. No contender out there is 40 mill under the cap with nothing but rookie scale deals. It's not 2k.

CP3 would give us a higher possible ceiling than Conley. Bench pieces would give us a significantly lower ceiling. Mudiay gives us a lower ceiling.

You're right, I don't get it. I don't get this love affair with Conley. Take away his horrific contract. If he and Mudiay were wearing nameless jerseys and basing our decision solely on play, who here would actually play Conley over Mudiay? I'll wait.

Conley absolutely doesn't raise our ceiling. He actually lowers it. He's such a ball-dominant guard that he hinders Mitchell and Jingles. Notice how Jingles' play has gone in the crapper since Conley has come back. He's so short that playing he and Mitchell together make us a defensive liability.

People here need to stop drinking the Locke-aid and use their ****ing heads. Conley is not the "missing piece" you were sold a few months ago. He's arguably our biggest problem.

Last edited:
I think, practically speaking, the Jazz might be able to move Conley to New York for Randle and Portis. They could then *maybe* send Randle to OKC with a pick for Schroeder. That second part may be a stretch. That would give the Jazz a backup PG who is as effective as Conley at half the cost and give us a backup 4/5, whose next year isn't fully guaranteed. It would free up some money to re-sign Clarkson, which I'm guessing they want to do.

Conley could go to NY, help them establish a system with Barrett and Robinson, and be the perfect NBA citizen, which appears to be something that franchise needs.

Conley needs the ball in his hands and needs to be the center of attack to really be effective. He needs to play off of screen action. He also needs a lot of touches to get himself into a rhythm. Yet the Jazz as a whole are more effective when Mitchell and Ingles are running the offense. It's an awkward fit, and Conley isn't as versatile as people thought, especially playing off the ball.

If the Jazz could turn Conley and a pick or two into Schroeder and Portis, that would be a pretty good move.

I think the Jazz could also improve their defense a bit by picking up GRIII from Golden State.

Last edited:
I'm assuming that you are implying that the defense would be bad, but if it could work that might be the best 3 point shooting team in history.

I'm assuming that you are implying that the defense would be bad, but if it could work that might be the best 3 point shooting team in history.

He might be right about this one, but I think Bogey can run the PNR and he and Joe seem to work pretty good together. Bogey to a lesser degree than Joe can run the PNR, drive, pass out, and distribute. I think Love/Bogey might be similar to Bogey/Joe in the lineup.

You're right, I don't get it. I don't get this love affair with Conley. Take away his horrific contract. If he and Mudiay were wearing nameless jerseys and basing their decision solely on play, who here would actually play Conley over Mudiay? I'll wait.

Conley absolutely doesn't raise our ceiling. He actually lowers it. He's such a ball-dominant guard that he hinders Mitchell and Jingles. Notice how Jingles' play has gone in the crapper since Conley has come back. He's so short that playing he and Mitchell together make us a defensive liability.

People here need to stop drinking the Locke-aid and use their ****ing heads. Conley is not the "missing piece" you were sold a few months ago. He's arguably our biggest problem.
Finally someone who realize the truth. Conley and the grit n grind Grizz are the very definition of "high floor low ceiling" typa team. Conley is the absolute opposite of the player that would raise a team's "ceiling". If you wanna just linger around first/second round in the playoffs every year or a conference finals sweep with some luck, then you get Conley. But we were already there last two seasons. Not to mention the Conley that people used to know and the grit n grind is already over

Finally someone who realize the truth. Conley and the grit n grind Grizz are the very definition of "high floor low ceiling" typa team. Conley is the absolute opposite of the player that would raise a team's "ceiling". If you wanna just linger around first/second round in the playoffs every year or a conference finals sweep with some luck, then you get Conley. But we were already there last two seasons. Not to mention the Conley that people used to know and the grit n grind is already over

The game has also changed. The prototypical point guard nowadays is either a lights-out shooter like Curry/Lillard/Trae, or a super-versatile combo guard with size, length and the ability to get on top of the rim, like Ja/SGA/Mitchell.

Id love to have jae crowder back and derick favors...conley trade ****ed us out of both of them.

****in pisses me off

The game has also changed. The prototypical point guard nowadays is either a lights-out shooter like Curry/Lillard/Trae, or a super-versatile combo guard with size, length and the ability to get on top of the rim, like Ja/SGA/Mitchell.

Not sure. The Raptors did pretty well by playing Lowry/Van Vleet together in the playoffs.

Unless conley continues to perform the way he has so far. If that happens then mudiay increases our ceiling (in comparison to how Conley is playing) and Conley lowers it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app