What's new

The official: We are sick of this **** thread.

Anyone should be free game except Donovan and maybe Bogey. You can't be sub .500 team either and offer Rudy a supermax. Bring on a new team again

Why is Donovan off limits?
Cause he is a great guy and loves the Jazz? Or basketball reasons?

Okay Boomer
Boomer Essiason? Wut? I’m nobody’s alt if that’s what you’re getting at. Snyder has to accept the lion’s share of this mess whether you think so or not. They stalk Conley til they can make the deal work, a guy that’s been the ball dominant pg his entire career just to put him behind the three as a kick out option to watch Mitchell operate. Why in the hell didn’t we target a three and D two if that was the plan? This coach is too rigid in his schemes and doesn’t know how to best employ his player’s strengths.

Last edited:
On board with the title. Not on board with the post.

I don't think we need to burn it down. I still believe in our top 6 players being good enough to contend for a championship. We just need to upgrade our bench. And Quin needs to pull his head out of his arse.

This is where I am at as well. The players need to collectively play better but Quin is not innocent in this debacle either and needs to shake tuings up when it's clearly not working on the court.

I still have faith that we will turn it around but they need to show me something soon in a positive direction.

You want to build around a 6ft 1 guy with limited vision and clearly inefficient volume shooting (and streaky) guy?
Like as your central piece?
Why?

3 AST, 3 TO in 35 min. 10-25 FG, 1-8 3PT.

Donovan is not hearing a word anyone is telling him. He's not making his teammates better and he's a chucker.

David seems to still be on this train of 'its not the starters'. We know the bench is a$$, but if he's doing this to defend the starters, then you're not fooling me David.

In that 5 game sequence he is mentioning was the brutal Toronto loss where the starters were completely and utterly spanked.

The bench has to be better, and play better. But the starters need to lead by way of also playing better.

Even in this game the starters under performed as by the time the first subs were made, the Jazz were down. Our two offensive weapons today were 14 of 42. How about mentioning that David?
Yeah +/- is such a deceiving stats. The starting five, or any lineups that we could've possibly made out of this current roster is flawed due to lack of a true PF. It's only a matter of whether our opponents could exploit or wanna exploit it.

IMO, what we most need is a real floor general who can control the offense. This doesn't have to be an expense or even good player, just someone who can steady the second unit and make the offense execute. I am thinking someone like Jamaal Tinsley from a few years ago (not looking to get theirs).

Would also like to see an upgrade at backup center (another cheap fix).

You want to build around a 6ft 1 guy with limited vision and clearly inefficient volume shooting (and streaky) guy?
Like as your central piece?
Why?
Oh okay, he is probably in the top 5 players under 25. That seems like a good place to build a franchise.
You're an idiot if you want to trade Donovan

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

Thunder had 7 BLK last night. We had 0.

We had 14 TO and 19 AST

It was interesting how much Big T was calling out our effort throughout the broadcast.

IMO, what we most need is a real floor general who can control the offense. This doesn't have to be an expense or even good player, just someone who can steady the second unit and make the offense execute. I am thinking someone like Jamaal Tinsley from a few years ago (not looking to get theirs).

Would also like to see an upgrade at backup center (another cheap fix).
Satoransky would be great.

Andy Larsen at the Trib has now been reduced to quoting and citing French existentialist philosopher Albert Camus of all people to explain Gobert’s situation. “But now, after considering Camus, I get it. In this absurd world, Gobert wants to find the passion in his life’s work.” Direct quote from Larsen.

Andy Larsen at the Trib has now been reduced to quoting and citing French existentialist philosopher Albert Camus of all people to explain Gobert’s situation. “But now, after considering Camus, I get it. In this absurd world, Gobert wants to find the passion in his life’s work.” Direct quote from Larsen.

yeah it’s not good... and the strangest vibe... like they are me slogging through they work day.

We ran into the wall the last few years and it feels like we found new more expensive ways to run into the wall...

Looking at this forum you would believe the Jazz are just a scrub cluster (although that kinda fits for the end of the bench currently being utilized). The Jazz aren't good right now, but they still can be. Quin has to be better. The ball movement from the last couple years isn't there, and that is partially because of the play calling and partially because of the new pieces being integrated. This results in low quality shots, hurried shots, and overall discombobulated looking offense where everybody ends up looking confused or irritated. The reason this becomes a problem is it leads to passion-less defense and overall play; but the defense is just not good. The Jazz do miss Favors. Still, the current problems are fixable, and I believe they will be, but Quin has to bring back the ball movement to keep everyone engaged. Donovan chucking after good ball movement is way better than Donovan chucking after 15 seconds of dominating the ball. Rudy needs to feel the ball once in a while to maintain his passion, and since he's the only great defender the Jazz have that they currently play more than 3 minutes (please play Exum), it's critical. Mudiay isn't a bad player, but he's a very poor fit and should be traded regardless of what the Jazz get back. Green is a horrible defender, both in execution and desire, with no ability to impose a physical presence or rebound. This wouldn't be as problematic if the Jazz still had Favors. Bojan needs to look in the mirror and ask himself why he can't defend or rebound. I envisioned this team being able to beat anyone in a 7 game series through awesome ball movement/ability to shoot the three/Donovans greatness. I've tempered my expectations greatly since none of the three currently exist.