What's new

The Official Welcome Back Rasp/Trout and Hopper/Taint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All across this great land, candyasses are rejoicing at aint's valiant stand against the tyranny of sports message board overlords. If I had magical computer powers, you would be hearing 'God Bless America' while you read this. And I'm not crying, it's just dusty in here.

moevillini said:
R. I. F.

you're automatically disqualified

though maybe you and kicky can fight for the title of "wiggle room"
why the low blow, moe?

HUH? What low blow? Did you read One Brow's post? He named two other posters in addition to himself and said there was "wiggle room" for one more. So that would mean Bordy and Kicky are fighting it out for that last spot.

HUH? What low blow? Did you read One Brow's post? He named two other posters in addition to himself and said there was "wiggle room" for one more. So that would mean Bordy and Kicky are fighting it out for that last spot.

I personally would not mind a "view only" forum for the Smart Four. Failing that, I would like to see aint, One Brow, bordy, and UB locked into one thread to discuss the cosmos in a live action think tank. Contrasting styles, a few salient points, a few irrational attempts at rationality, strategic snark, and great pictures.

Yet...you're here. Biggity-bam.

Damn.. you're right. You're right!

funny-animated-gifs-i-think-i-can-i-think-i-can.gif

If he convinces me he was simply misinformed, I'll apologize for my statement.

When *you* are the only one that is having trouble in this respect, is it the moderators' fault for not being clear, or is it your fault for not figuring it out?

Colton, how can you try to imply that *I* am the only one having trouble after it was just pointed out that Eric, among perhaps many others, had the trouble interpreting moderator statements in the way you claimed was "known fact?"

I am the only one this is directed to. Who else even cares to understand?

I challenge you to begin universally applying the rules that have been applied to me. I think you will soon find that almost everyone would question, complain about, and disapprove of, some of these rules IF they were the ones being sanctioned.

I have trouble reading you, Colton. At times you appear to be "aggressively defensive" (if that makes sense). Yet it the next post you may appear to be open and sincere while responding in a very professional manner.

=====

Edit: For example, in this very thread, where, and after, you made this statement:

Colton said:
And as far as the posting rules go, let me clarify what the moderators expect in case this really wasn't made clear to you:..If you are posting without quoting anyone, do so ONCE rather than in three separate back-to-back-to-back posts.

I have noticed at least a few occasions where posters did not comply with this edict.

Don't get me wrong--I am NOT complaining about what they did. I am not "annoyed" over it, and I do not feel the "readability of the board" has been intolerably compromised by their posts.

My point is merely this: I assume (and sincerely hope) they were not hit with infractions. But if they were, I would find it only natural for them to ask: "Who am I really hurting?" and/or to assure you that they were NOT deliberately attempting to disrupt the usability of the board.

Last edited:
I will explain as best I can. But past experience leads me to think it will not be enough to answer your questions. And that is part of the problem.

Because no matter how clearly the rules may be spelled out, they will never be specific enough to cover all situations. And the wording will never be precise enough. Attempts to clarify things will only lead to more questions. So there will probably always be something to challenge. And you will continue to feel that you are being persecuted. And after a while your constant complaints begin to feel like harassment.

I will explain as best I can. But past experience leads me to think it will not be enough to answer your questions. And that is part of the problem.

Because no matter how clearly the rules may be spelled out, they will never be specific enough to cover all situations. And the wording will never be precise enough.

I agree with this. Then again, I have never even begun to ask how any particular rule applies to "all situations."

Attempts to clarify things will only lead to more questions. So there will probably always be something to challenge. And you will continue to feel that you are being persecuted. And after a while your constant complaints begin to feel like harassment.

Well, Mo, with respect to my last post, I merely attempted to respond to a question that Colton specifically asked me. Not saying it would happen, of course, but he might even feel "disrepected" if I ignored his questions, who knows for sure? Again, I'm not trying to "harass" anybody. In my mind, honest discussion is never "harassment," but maybe that's just me, I dunno.

I agree with this. Then again, I have never even begun to ask how any particular rule applies to "all situations."

No, you haven't. But why would you? You only care about the situations that have affected you personally. Thankfully.

I'm probably one of the four smartest people on the board.

That could be a hard one to back up, eh, Eric? Or, if peoples wanna start raggin on ya, live down, perhaps.

My own damn self, I always kinda git the feelin that, in addition to the regular suspects who post frequently, they's a whole lotta members out there who are a lot smarter than me. The very fact that they refrain from posting probably proves that.

Then again, I just plumb stoopid from the git-go, so that aint really sayin much, I spoze.

Let's settle this here question right now, whaddaya say? Since I aint never heard NOBUDDY on the internet announce that they had an IQ of less than 180, I aint startin there, nosireebob. My IQ was, uh, 201, when last tested, best I recall. Can anybuddy beat that? If not, who's next in line, I ax ya?

Last edited:
I personally would not mind a "view only" forum for the Smart Four. Failing that, I would like to see aint, One Brow, bordy, and UB locked into one thread to discuss the cosmos in a live action think tank. Contrasting styles, a few salient points, a few irrational attempts at rationality, strategic snark, and great pictures.

OK, Biley, I gotta give credit where credit is due. You have made several rather witty and humorous posts in this thread. Keep it up, and lay off of the dogmatic sophistry, and you and me might just find each other tolerable, ya know?

That could be a hard one to back up, eh, Eric? Or, if peoples wanna start raggin on ya, live down, perhaps.

Oh no, what would I do?

My own damn self, I always kinda git the feelin that, in addition to the regular suspects who post frequently, they's a whole lotta members out there who are a lot smarter than me. The very fact that they refrain from posting probably proves that.

There you have a point. By "on this board", I did refer to posters, not the obviously smarter people who choose not to post.

Of course, rather than start up saying I misunderstood the situation, you could have, perhaps, at least asked what I meant, what my impressions were, etc. However, I'm sure it was much easier to presume I'm a moron who couldn't read and didn't care to understand what's going on...

Brow - I certainly don't consider you a moron, and I didn't mean to insinuate such. In that regard, YOU are the one making presumptions. Did you consider the remark disrespectful? Is it because it was short and metaphoric, rather than a 6 page multi-quoted diatribe? You seem a little worked up. I've heard meditation can help.

Brow - I certainly don't consider you a moron, and I didn't mean to insinuate such. In that regard, YOU are the one making presumptions.

If I was making presumptions, they were confirmed by the thread and by subsequent PMs with various moderators, much to my disappointment.

Did you consider the remark disrespectful?

I don't think so, except maybe the Rin Tin Tin part was a little disrespectful. I was much more annoyed by the dismissive tone that I did not understand the situation, when in fact the misunderstanding seemed to be, and turned out to be, yours.

Is it because it was short and metaphoric, rather than a 6 page multi-quoted diatribe?

Are you suggesting my post was too long? Would it have been easier to read if I have created many small posts? After all, we all must do what we can for the readability of the board.

You seem a little worked up. I've heard meditation can help.

Meditation is great if you don't want to be worked up over something, or so I've heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.