The R.I.P. Thread

LogGrad98

Contributor
What about Hank Aaron?!
Top 10 all time baseball great?
This is a sports community right?! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Who?

That is an oxymoron. Baseball sucks so there can be no such thing as an all-time great. What does it mean to be great at something that sucks?

But it is sad he passed away. Sad for his family. I thought he was already gone tbh. Kind of surprised. Was a good dude from what I knew.

Last edited:

babe

He's pretty far from mainstream, so it's not super surprising, but he was as big as they come in the underground/alternative hip hop scene. I'd recommend checking his work out if you're at all into rap, or want to hear Methylenedioxymethamphetamine worked into a bar.
Well, despite remedial education on hip hop from Sonnie Johnson's talk show, I haven't heard of him either. But anyone who knows what methylenedioxymethamphetamine is should be a billionaire.

Hip Hop I'm told is all about people who've turned from the streets to capitalism using revolutionary music to explain it all. Yo, "Up Like Trump".

a family man, too.

MF DOOM, Illusive Bard of Hip-Hop, Dead at 49 - Rolling Stone

Last edited:

Red

Best poet Lawrence Ferlinghetti, age 101. In 1969, he published the long anti-Nixon piece “Tyrannus Nix”. My favorite, as my generation was none too fond of Tricky Dick, and it was also released as an album, which I enjoyed playing frequently....

E75CF98B-3529-4C07-8EA7-73100FCA5E9F.jpeg

Last edited:

gandalfe

Best poet Lawrence Ferlinghetti, age 101. In 1969, he published the long anti-Nixon piece “Tyrannus Nix”. My favorite, as my generation was none too fond of Tricky Dick, and it was also released as an album, which I enjoyed playing frequently....

View attachment 10386
He was 101 years old, and just published a book last year.

Not my favorite of the beats (That would be Jack Micheline, altho Gregory Corso and Bob Kaufman are way up there, too) but he was definitely a shining light for us all to follow.

Reactions: Red

Red

He was 101 years old, and just published a book last year.

Not my favorite of the beats (That would be Jack Micheline, altho Gregory Corso and Bob Kaufman are way up there, too) but he was definitely a shining light for us all to follow.
For myself, it was Ginsberg and “Howl” that proved most formative to how I saw America. I saw Moloch then, and still see Moloch everywhere today.

candrew

For myself, it was Ginsberg and “Howl” that proved most formative to how I saw America. I saw Moloch then, and still see Moloch everywhere today.

Ginsburg taught a course on African American Poetry with a focus on blues lyrics at the college l attended - naturally it was borderline impossible to get in to.

gandalfe

To bring it into the modern era, @HowlTweeter is tweeting all of the poem, one line every hour, from now until... well, probably until Twitter bans it, or something.