What's new

The R.I.P. Thread

Bro, why would I be worrying about Mandela when Rony Seikaly won us a championship in ‘98?
No way, Magic Johnson retired from the Jazz 3 years before that! Rony ain't winning that one alone.

Love that stuff. Had no idea where it was invented. But I did know that most of the dishes we see as Indian food were actually created in England somewhere, as they are positively obsessed with it and have been for decades. Things like tikka masala, butter chicken, etc. For the record, I am a butter chicken junkie and my wife hates the stuff so she has literally left the house when I have made it at home.

Love that stuff. Had no idea where it was invented. But I did know that most of the dishes we see as Indian food were actually created in England somewhere, as they are positively obsessed with it and have been for decades. Things like tikka masala, butter chicken, etc. For the record, I am a butter chicken junkie and my wife hates the stuff so she has literally left the house when I have made it at home.
I love butter chicken probably more than is reasonable. There was a place in SLC, Taste of India, where we always joked we wanted to find a way to just build a butter chicken pipe from them straight to our house.

There is a place here in Corvallis, OR, that makes lamb pasanda - basically like a butter lamb. OMG.

I love butter chicken probably more than is reasonable. There was a place in SLC, Taste of India, where we always joked we wanted to find a way to just build a butter chicken pipe from them straight to our house.

There is a place here in Corvallis, OR, that makes lamb pasanda - basically like a butter lamb. OMG.
Yeah the one time my wife made butter chicken she was surprising me. She followed the recipe I usually use, and did everything exactly right, using thighs instead of breasts, searing the meat, all of it. Seasoned really well. I came home early and she was out getting some naan (can't ask for everything to be homemade) and I saw this huge pot. So I just started eating. Before I knew it I had eaten about 2/3 of it, then she got home. She came in and yelled my name, and not in a good way, then stormed into the living room and yelled "what the hell happened to the butter chicken", me, still a clueless idiot, just said "oh yeah I loved it, it was great!". Then she told me she made that for us and 2 other couples and they were all coming over in about a half hour, which I had known but totally forgotten about. So yeah, I ate enough for 4 people in about 30 minutes. Felt like hell the next day. But man was it good!!

Yeah the one time my wife made butter chicken she was surprising me. She followed the recipe I usually use, and did everything exactly right, using thighs instead of breasts, searing the meat, all of it. Seasoned really well. I came home early and she was out getting some naan (can't ask for everything to be homemade) and I saw this huge pot. So I just started eating. Before I knew it I had eaten about 2/3 of it, then she got home. She came in and yelled my name, and not in a good way, then stormed into the living room and yelled "what the hell happened to the butter chicken", me, still a clueless idiot, just said "oh yeah I loved it, it was great!". Then she told me she made that for us and 2 other couples and they were all coming over in about a half hour, which I had known but totally forgotten about. So yeah, I ate enough for 4 people in about 30 minutes. Felt like hell the next day. But man was it good!!
Sounds well worth it.

_127308173_pele-1920x1080.jpg

Apparently Barbara Walters. In 2003 we went to NYC and attended a taping of Letterman when she was the guest. I wish there had been a musical guest.